11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  3. Not interested

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

bviengthong , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I love my that my OnePlus One carries a powerful battery that last me easily 2 days on regular usage (email, videos & text). What I don't love, is when I don't have a charger on hand, especially when I am outdoors like biking. I use my GPS, often and notice it does take up a significant amount of battery when route my ride. Fortunately, I have a solution that I want to share with you.

Check it my video review below for a more in depth look at what I am talking about.

RAVPower is a company that has created a 9W Solar Panel. It is a must have if you are a camper, hiker, outdoors-men, hunter, biker or anything that would require you to live without an electrical outlet. It is a sleek weather resistant material. Do keep in mind that this does not store energy but gives you on demand solar charge from the sun. Charging strength does vary. You may not get an optimal charge is you would find on a cloudy day.

One of my favorite features of this product, is RavPowers' unique iSmart technology. It gives me the peace of mind knowing my devices are being charged properly, without over powering or under powering my devices. This is truly a diversity at its best when it comes to technology.

I want to thank RavPower for giving me an opportunity through the Genesis Program for me to try this product out in exchange for my honest review. One of the greatest things about this company is the rapport they build with their customer

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

gusuraman likes this.
  2. leemartin
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2015

bviengthong likes this.
  3. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

Yea totally, I plan to get outdoors more before summer runs out here in MN. Otherwise I'll have to find some ice fishing buddies!

4. dbanez25
    KitKat Jul 8, 2015

dbanez25 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    that thing is huge but if your going to be in the wild for a long time then thats a necessity

5. arvola
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2015

arvola , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Why separate chargers? Why not solar panel on back cover like Nokia had like 15 years ago.

6. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

Have you found one that fits the Oneplus?

7. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

That is a valid concern. That is why I have a 10,400 Mah Powerbank!

8. laserjet
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2015

laserjet , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I bought one in a local store €20 7000mah

It takes a bit long to charge though

bviengthong likes this.
  9. arvola

arvola , Jul 8, 2015 :
    No, not yet. But the main point was that why not implement it straight to phone.

10. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

Very awesome Idea! Once you find the investors to back you up, I will certainly buy your solar case!

11. arvola

arvola , Jul 8, 2015 :
    I´ll open Kickstarter page right away.

But seriously, why nobody does this? Even though it might take ages to charge 3000 mAh battery to full (at least far from equator), but it can still extend the battery life.

12. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

Well, just as I am sitting here thinking about it. I am sure it is being planned out as we speak. Its just finding the right technology to make it slim enough. I can imagine it adding some bulk to your phone, you know what I am saying.

13. pscott37

pscott37 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    If the price is right then this could be useful. With the new developments in solar panels perhaps this would be light and affordable. We shall see...

14. jsims19pe

15. gmo8492
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2015

gmo8492 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    We haven't re-innovated that far back yet.

16. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2015

Sounds like a quote from blast from the past