A warm welcome from OnePlus

1. Josef Džujík
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2013

Josef Džujík , Dec 17, 2013 :
    Hello Pete,
    I am also looking forward and I wish you a great success!
    I hope oneplus phones will be available internationally.

2. Hjena
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2013

Hjena , Dec 17, 2013 :
    Screen: 4,5 - 5,2 inches, preferably still could be used one-handed. Also readable in direct sunlight, just like Nokia's Lumia phones do. Resolution would be 1080p or higher.
    Battery: >3000mA battery, can be recharged from sunlight or other light sources. Also the battery must be reliable in order to avoid blowing up!!
    Build quality, materials used: the phone should not break apart if dropped from several metres high. Still made of nice-feeling materials.
    OS: I'd like to see Sailfish or Firefox OS running on this phone, or Android-based OS which won't be too Google-depended. Sailfish is simple, yet efficient OS to use but still in progress.

3. Inner_Peace
    Froyo Dec 17, 2013

4. BoloMKXXVIII
    Donut Dec 17, 2013

BoloMKXXVIII , Dec 17, 2013 :
    4.7" IPS display. In my opinion 720 is OK at this size and saves power over 1080.
    2GB RAM
    Dual microSD card slots (64GB compatible)
    32GB internal memory
    Dual front facing speakers (see HTC One)
    IR blaster and programable remote software
    NO BLOATWARE!
    Dedicated camera button (launches app too)
    Simple, one click root/unroot
    3,000 mAh battery (minium), removable, option for super duty battery (with larger back cover).
    Micro USB 3.0
    Micro HDMI
    Minimum 8MP camera with OIS, F2.0 lens, no shutter lag
    1.2 - 2.0 MP front camera
    Notification light
    Dual boot?

thetntnt likes this.
  5. thetntnt
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2013

6. thetntnt
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2013

thetntnt , Dec 17, 2013 :
    I like all of this, only i would like an amoled display for less battery draining with black themed wall papers

7. BoloMKXXVIII
    Donut Dec 17, 2013

BoloMKXXVIII , Dec 17, 2013 :
    My only issue with amoled is the lack of color accuracy. If they could dial that in properly I would be onboard with amoled.

8. Dave Weinstein
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2013

Dave Weinstein , Dec 17, 2013 :
    I've "fixed" your list a bit...
    • fastest processor you can get at the time of manufacturing. Don't hold back!
    • JDI 2K display. They have a 5.4" and 6.3" both with 1mm bezels
    • 2 or 3 SIM slots
    • having a micro-SDXC slot (256GB cards available now!)
    • RAM memory as 4GB or 6GB
    • at least 8mpx front and 16mpx back camera with 0-LUX and a f/1.2 or f/1.4 lense, and super fast focus.
    • A RELIABLE finger print scanner. Perhaps the same find used on Thinkpad notebooks.
    • Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, FD-LTE, TD-LTE, WCDMA, GSM, HSPA, EDGE.
    • great speakers (like htc one) placed on front
    • quality microphone (like the one Nokia uses on the lumia devices)
    • only xenon flash
    • camera button
    • unlocked (bootloader included)
    • a big battery more than 4000mAh
    • 4G LTE/LTE-A (global spectrums) at least 5 bands LTE
    • micro-usb 3.0 port
    • gorilla glass 3 or whatever us best at the time
    • include a smart flip cover
    • stock Android and QUICK updates
    • easy "OS chooser" that lets the user change OS loads quickly between:
      • the manufacturers OS (presumably Color OS based)
      • Google Edition
      • CM11
    Other Ideas:
    • Smartpen -- It would be great to have a pen similar to Samsung's Note pen, but that acted as a bluetooth handset when you held it up to your head to talk. It wouldn't need a big battery and could recharge when stored in the phone.
    • Proximity Alarm -- And simple NFC/bluetooth "creditcard" that you could put in your wallet and would cause the phone to scream a high decibel alarm if the got too far away from the card.

9. osanilevich
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2013

osanilevich , Dec 17, 2013 :
    Most people's wants are more or less the same (blazing processor, 5 inch screen, big camera, etc.) So I'll just post some minor details I think should be included:
    - The phone should be made of some kind of high quality plastic. Most people hate plastic but what they don't realize is that plastic is far more durable than metal or glass. Most people I know who own an HTC One (metal) or an iPhone (glass) have phones smothered in dents and broken glass. The perfect phone should be exceptionally durable
    - Speaking of durability, the phone should also be water/dust/shock/whateverproof. If it's possible, I don't see why that shouldn't be thrown in
    - Removable battery/storage: I know its gonna be tough to make it waterpoof and still have removable battery and storage but those two are also crucial. Why should we be limited only to what's available on the phone?
    - I'm ok with having an 8mp camera (my GS3 does amazing pics anyway) so long as its a quality sensor and its OIS. Also, it should be good at recording loud noises (concerts, etc.) like the lumia
    -The Interface should also be aesthetically appealing as well as functional

10. SoLo24
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2013

SoLo24 , Dec 17, 2013 :
    I want more touch-less controls. I had the Maxx for a short while and I miss the "Okay google" feature along with the active notifications.

Also I think they're are a lot of good ideas on this thread but a lot seem to be just incremental upgrades that we expect with next year's lineup.

If we are talking "perfect" then I am thinking BIGGER. Lets get the folding displays rolling. A 4 or 5 inch that opens to a 8 to 10 inch tablet sounds amazing!

You know we want great battery life, you know we want the latest and greatest processor that is available when this phone arrives, you know we want the best screen technology that is available once the phone arrives. I really like what Nokia is doing with the camera. And of course we want great "loud" sound.

Considering it could be some time before the phone arrives, lets not kid ourselves with the details. What sounds great now may be average by the time the phone arrives.

11. Matthew Smith
    Eclair Dec 17, 2013

Matthew Smith , Dec 17, 2013 :
    I love my HTC One - top-end looking&feeling metallic casing, proper speaker system, great screen, engaging cam/gallery software (Zoe and auto-editing), but I'm waiting for someone to improve upon it:

Even better stereo speakers (more bass possible?), beefier battery, sd card slot, and a quality camera module (One's UltraPixel is a dud in both resolution and quality) would make for an irresistible config that I'd switch for immediately. Wireless charging is a secondary that would be nice, too.

12. Renz1er
    Froyo Dec 17, 2013

Renz1er , Dec 17, 2013 :
    The phones should have these:

# Should be a high end 64-bit processor, I would prefer x86 base instead of ARM, in otherwords Intel
    # As its the flagship, it should a have 5.0" or 5.5" inch IPS display with 1080/2K resolution with similar feature like "SONY whitemagic"
    # 16GB/32GB ROM with micro-SDXC slot
    # 4GB RAM
    # Ultra-Pixel Camera with good low light image and 3D video/image taking ability
    # Good stereo speakers
    # Easily rootable/bootloader unlockable
    # 4000mAh battery
    # Android as its primary OS and Ubuntu touch as secondary.

Android should have a custom look and features, should be more like PAC-ROM with all features in one place, most importantly regularly updated with min 24 months update period.

The x86 processor plus Ubuntu's ability to run as desktop PC should allow user to run all softwares and with wine even windows softwares and games.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

13. May I Taste
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2013

May I Taste , Dec 17, 2013 :
    Pete, Thanks much to listen to your future customers!
    I hope not to post things that have been already said.

-Like on the Xperia ZU/Z1, a magnetic terminal to charge the device without exhaust the weak and important micro USB connector.

-USB OTG

and I maybe dream
    -A charging solar panel at the back surface..

14. Klarence Pitoc
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2013

Klarence Pitoc , Dec 17, 2013 :
    Hi pete: heres my preference :D

screen: 4.5 inch IPS/amoled dsplay even only at 720P with right amount of bezel
    Dimensions: Like 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm (rough estimate) :D rectagular design
    CPU: X64 processor Dual core or Quad Core (i think its enough)
    GPU: powerSGX....
    Battery> 3000 - 4000mah <this is possible i think user replaceble
    -NFC, bluetooth 4.0, dedicated sound chip for better sound, magnetic chager dock, micro HD and micro USB port, GPS, 4g-LTE
    Camera: 13MP OIS, F2.0 sony sensor Exmor RS 2mp front camera with dedicated camera button and Dual led flash or Xenon
    Dual Boot with Ubuntu...
    Materials: high quality plastic with dragontrail glass front, IP5X/IP6X and user replaceable back cover
    Memory: 32GB internal or 64GB and external upto 64GB SDXC
    Dual Band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

thats all that i can think

15. mello
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2013

mello , Dec 18, 2013 :
    Important things:
    • small size to 120mm, maximum 130mm (prefer a small and thick, than big and thin)
    • fastest processor (like Snapdragon), 64bit, quad core
    • RAM memory as 3GB or more
    • internal memory 32GB or more and microSD slot
    • latest IPS display, 720p or more
    • latest pure Android and OTA update, unlocked (bootloader included)
    • dualSIM standby
    • Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Dual Band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz a/b/g/n/ac, LTE
    • OTG, MHL or HDMI
    • battery 4000 mAh or more (even at the cost of greater thickness and weight)
    • camera with focus, LED flash
    • price for high-end smartphone in the range of 500-750 USD
    Less important things:
    • two positions camera button
    • resistant phone (IP5X/IP6X)
    • scratch resistant glass (gorilla glass 3, dragontrail etc.)
    • camera for me is not important, it is sufficient good 5-8 Mpx
    • LED notification
    May be:
    • replaceable back cover in many colors
    • Two size replaceable back cover for smaller or larger battery
    • xenon flash
    • micro-usb 3.0 port
    • include a smart flip cover
    5+" superslim phones with absurd screen resolution and low stamina makes everyone. Please, I want high-end in a small body...

16. JGuinan007
    Donut Dec 18, 2013

JGuinan007 , Dec 18, 2013 :
    Hey Pete how about a list of various hardware components you would consider using and the forum user vote from there

17. fr3quency
    Froyo Dec 18, 2013

fr3quency , Dec 18, 2013 :
    CPU: 8974-AC (or Snapdragon 805)
    RAM: 3GB
    Screen: IPS, 1920x1080, 4.7 inch. max, Corning Gorilla Glass 3. WE DO NOT NEED 2K DISPLAYS. SERIOUSLY GUYS!
    Internal Memory: 16GB as lowest capacity.
    SDcard: Yes
    Camera(Primary): Let's get real. Megapixels don't count. You should focus on quality over quantity. A 5mp, or even 2mp, camera is fine as long as the quality is top-notch. + HDR
    Camera(Secondary): 1,3mp@1920x1080
    Battery: 3000mAh.
    Speakers: They should be HEARD. They should make LOOOUD sounds. Not soft sounds like a man that cut his own balls.
    Micro-USB: 3
    Build-materials: Plastic that feels great in your hands. We should choose the details, like Motorola X.
    Water/Dust resistant: Yes
    Hardware buttons: NO! Except for Volume +/- and the power button.
    Android: Latest UN-SKINNED version, WITHOUT bloatwares
    Unlocked: Yes

18. Vaibhav Ravichandran
    Donut Dec 18, 2013

Vaibhav Ravichandran , Dec 18, 2013 :
    I second this! Please make international availability a reality! I wanted Oppo phones so bad here in India and couldnt get in retail, so don't make the same mistake!

19. Paul
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2013

20. Paul
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2013

Paul , Dec 18, 2013 :
    3 Micro-usbs ?? for what external HD ?