A word about our Brand Visual Identity

1. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Mar 16, 2020

Pete , Mar 16, 2020 :
    brand VI.png

Hi friends,

We've come a long way from our early days, with a team of a few dozen employees that went above and beyond to make sure every OnePlus One order reached its buyer. Several years later, our team has grown across multiple offices, time zones and languages. We’ve become an important player in the tech industry, always focused on delivering the best smartphone experience for our users.

Our passion is stronger than ever, and we have experienced some amazing success along the way, but sometimes it’s good to shake things up a bit. So, before you find out from anyone else, I wanted to let you know first that two days from now, we’re refreshing our brand visual identity (VI).

We are sharing this information with you the same day as we’re sharing it internally. We consider this community as part of our family, equally as passionate about the brand as we are, so I felt I should inform you about this change, before it’s publicly announced.

On March 18, when we unveil the new brand VI for the world to see, we’ll follow up here on the forum with more details about what’s changing, what’s staying the same and what this means for the OnePlus brand. So, stay tuned for more in just a couple of days.

Never Settle.

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 18, 2020

Stickied Post

3. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 16, 2020

camohan , Mar 16, 2020 :
    This sounds exciting and interesting. Changing a brand Visual Identity is challenging, I hope this is not a drastic change from the existing one. Looking forward to the 18th.

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 16, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Thank you for sharing this with us, @Pete

I'm excited to see the new brand visual identity. Change can be easily criticised because it's a step in a direction we don't know. However, sometimes it's also needed, refreshing.

I'll wait and see. :)

I really like this part. How it's written and the train of thought. More than making me feel part of OnePlus, it makes OnePlus feel part of this community.

Thanks.

5. Deactivated User
    Mar 16, 2020

6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Mar 16, 2020

7. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2020

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 16, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    wow:)
    I am curious about the new VI @Pete :)

this is a strongly grown community - from a community to a family. A second family with special people crossing my life and leaving footprints :) thanks to all:)

9. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 16, 2020

10. Moin2200
    KitKat Mar 16, 2020

Moin2200 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Changes can be great. But it can also be confusing, still im excited to see the results.

:)

11. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Mar 16, 2020

MosheG1 likes this.
  12. mateo1597
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2020

mateo1597 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Wow, I will gladly see you in a new form :)
    I`ll be looking forward for a more detailed information after March 18 :cool:

Never Settle !

13. Harichand_Raghavan
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 16, 2020

Harichand_Raghavan , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    A change is never easy to accept or digest at first but then at the end of the day you just gel with it.Again wt changes come and wt it means to the company is not known so to say a lot of research and strategy must have involved so just take it.Looking forward @Pete

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  14. 3FFA
    Eclair Mar 16, 2020

3FFA , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Having already seen the new logo... I have to give you some honest criticism:

First off, the new logo is too much of a rehash of the old one. Worse yet, the new one feels like a 3rd party imitation attempt rather than a logo all its own, with its own identity. This new logo lacks identity. Lacks color. Lacks just about everything that made Oneplus identify with its community at first sight. It feels like an amateur came in, did a quick job for some cash, and called it a day.

As unconstructive as it may come off, I would suggest going back to the drawing board and making a brand new logo. Not one that's based on the old logo, rather, one that has an identity and style all its own. Otherwise, you're only wasting your time and making me pay for a third party case instead so I don't have to look at the logo.

MosheG1 likes this.
  16. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 16, 2020

MosheG1 likes this.
  17. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 16, 2020

18. Abhishek654
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2020

MosheG1 and script like this.
  19. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 16, 2020

mojoyoyo77 , Mar 16, 2020 :
    This is normal in all companies after a few years.
    Waiting to see it to be able to comment, I do not know whether to believe in the leak ...

20. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 16, 2020

Jimbo the Great , Mar 16, 2020 :
    New Brand VI will be done...

...in Excel...

Announcing!

SUM(1)

New Tagline...
    UR = SUM(1) ≠ SETTLE

For the WIN! :p

(Note: This is complete gibberish and not actually related to any new Brand VI for anything and is just a sign of someone who has an over active imagination, too much time, not enough responsibility, and dubious Excel skills.)

script, Starcommander and cdnfarmer like this.
  21. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Mar 16, 2020

cdnfarmer , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Interesting... only 2 days to wait... and less because of the time zones ;). Sometimes, it's good to see the future virtually. :D

very well written. Love the analogy to the footprints. Very true.

Agree. This is a nice community. And, great to be part of it.

what do you think... may be an orange tint o_O notice the header for the pro mode guide.
    ;)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020