Abandoned flagship killer

1. Anil Thomas
    Gingerbread May 12, 2017

Anil Thomas , May 12, 2017 :
    Every OP2 users who bought this phone while the time of launch done so much homework and excercise to grab it with so called invite system. Impressive specs( big screen, 3300mah battery, 64 GB, 4 GB RAM, 810 processor and 4G, lovely camera) made the phone very much anticipated. Record breaking sale, shortage, and huge love made the ONE PLUS overnight popular and a strong, challenging and potential contestant for rival brands. OP2 gave all and all to OnePlus to withstand against huge, well settled and giant companies in Indian and rest of world market.
    This all I wrote to just recall the memory of One plus that how badly they are treating their 2015 flagship killer. Just like an abandoned child. It is just one and half year old boy and was pretty expensive too, so why it is neglected by the OP? why their is no good strategy or healthy policy for this sturdy phone.
    End customer do not want to know or will bother about the inner issues or politics of one plus. They just need a good customer support for their OP2 because most of the half priced phones are getting well support by their manufacturers. So OnePlus be more concious about OP2 because this flagship killer laid a strong foundation to grow high and high for you.
    love your OP2.....Peace
    1494612367527.jpg

2. Ramdinpuia
    Honeycomb May 12, 2017

sumit.nair and JadenKDB like this.
  3. abhishek.tiwari
    Honeycomb May 12, 2017

4. antwan.reynolds
    Eclair May 12, 2017

antwan.reynolds , May 12, 2017 :
    When the 3T gets abandoned I'll just sell it for $200 and move on. A small price to pay for not having to pay $700-900 every year for the latest and greatest.

G_Michael_Kinney_rHlr likes this.
  5. Deactivated User
    May 12, 2017

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  6. Murman
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2017

Murman , May 12, 2017 :
    Meh. I'm happy with how my op2 performs on OOS 3.5.8. If Nougat comes, I'll install it when there's a way back to mm if there's too many bugs.
    If Nougat doesn't come, I'll continue to use my phone until it dies or it is time to give it away and get a new device. Either way, I'll get 2 good years from my phone.

7. Diogo Filipz
    Froyo May 12, 2017

sandy69hell and domlogic like this.
  8. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

MafiaTechTeam , May 13, 2017 :
    idk what people expect tbh,it happens to all phones, the new version comes out , the new version gets all the attention, the only company that doesnt really do it is apple.
    such is life

9. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

TheSpoken , May 13, 2017 :
    How stupid. Their prices have been increasing year and year so 2 years of is updates are to be expected. Your thinking is flawed.

If they abandon 3t owners that quickly, I expect them to die out once the OnePlus 6 releases. It'll be a stupid action.

Anil Thomas likes this.
  10. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 13, 2017

11. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 13, 2017 :
    didnt samsung update their 4 while they released the 6 or so?

12. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

MafiaTechTeam , May 13, 2017 :
    Don't have a clue.
    It happened to most flagships
    When I had my LG g3 it received maybe 1 major OS upgrade 4.4.X to 5.0, then there was nothing for the rest of the period I had the phone.
    Atleast apple support their phone for 2-3 years iirc? My iPad mini (1st) got 3 years of updates.

13. wazcool
    Froyo May 13, 2017

wazcool , May 13, 2017 :
    This phone is great for those that like to tinker. I had issues with network drops on all oxygen updates, even 3.5.8 but after installing resurrection remix my phone is working perfectly. the hardware is awesome for the price, its just they can't seem to sort out network drops in oxygen for it.

14. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 13, 2017 :
    But did the phone have any kind of issues?

BT not sharing contacts
    Flash that doesn't work
    Contacts that don't sync in the cloud
    Focus hunting on the camera
    Slow FPS recording on bad light
    Non working SD tray
    Stuttering on games
    Apps crashing or being slow?

I've not played with the g3, but the g4 of a friend was quite smooth, way better and faster than my OP2 has ever been... I mean... Big players might update less, but, updates, doesn't mean it's something good, it means they keep fixing things that are broken... the more broken things, the more updates...

It all goes back to what I was saying, OnePlus releases phones that do not do their job out of the box, AKA, OP2, not even flash on camera... eeeh... 420€ for a phone and cannot use a flash? hello?

OPX? 8fps video recording ... or an SD card slot that was not reading SD cards... like... how do you release a phone with such failures? Didn't they actually test the card slot? Or took a photo with flash?

see the difference? I mean.. all phones can have some issue here or there, but... not even being able to insert an SD card or take a picture... that's quite an insulting thing...

PM42 likes this.
  15. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

Lancelot_69 , May 13, 2017 :
    Try Dirty Unicorns, I don't have network drops.

G_Michael_Kinney_rHlr likes this.
  16. wazcool
    Froyo May 13, 2017

wazcool , May 13, 2017 :
    I don't have anymore on RR, only when I was oxygen os. thanks all the same though.

Lancelot_69 likes this.
  17. tadydrift
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

tadydrift , May 13, 2017 :
    Totally agree with you ;) i will use it until maybe OP6 comes, it still rocks for me ;)

d1beats and Anil Thomas like this.
  18. innis.neil
    Gingerbread May 13, 2017

innis.neil , May 13, 2017 :
    Well, honestly moving to the OnePlus 2 was basically because I knew that there are helll lot of custom ROMs available for a One+ device. I mean look at the One+ 1 users they're enjoying nougat happily via third party ROMs!
    I'm happy with my decision, I guess will use it till it dies off age ; probably 2 more years.

tadydrift and Anil Thomas like this.
  19. ninja123456
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

ninja123456 , May 13, 2017 :
    abandon OnePlus. there's no hope here. a new mobile will be treated the same way next year by this time. but there's hope outside. you might have to pay a bit more where ignorance doesn't come with the box

Jagadeesh RK likes this.
  20. arharsh46
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

arharsh46 , May 13, 2017 :
    Forget OP2 I was with oneplus since OP1 was conceptualized.... Drooled over the Design, done publicity for since I was crazy over it tried every single contact over here when community was new for invites And what happend.. Same. Due to the fight between cynogen and Oneplus it got sidelined. Then as you explained OP2 same thing.. And i am pretty sure OP3 is about to join the line in next few months. For oneplus we enthusiasts are just commodities which they used and sidelined. They promised updates and show other wet dreams and then they forgets and gives false promises.
    Actually now i am afraid to buy anymore Oneplus device or recommend it. And i guess here other people who were the ones made the company a success with their recommendations would turn away.

architaraz and Anil Thomas like this.