Abandoned flagship killer

1. MafiaTechTeam
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2017

MafiaTechTeam , May 13, 2017 :
    Not that I can recall, but try
    The phone gets so hot under any use its uncomfortably hot
    As a result battery life was incredibly shit (2-3) hours off charge.
    I've owned the op2, I didn't have any issues with it

2. Kshitij2302
    Cupcake May 13, 2017

Kshitij2302 , May 13, 2017 :
    I liked OnePlus a lot for their customer support and their attitude towards their customers. I now hate it for the same reason. I used to be a OnePlus fanboy and recommended it to everyone, though it is fading away slowly and probably I am not going to recommend it to anyone anymore. I just hope they don't do this to their future devices.

Sajal patil and Sam Nakamura like this.
  3. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

patrice58 , May 13, 2017 :
    I was one of the people that queued up in London to see and play with the so called flagship killer. I had with me my Nexus 5.

After playing with the OP2 and having a go at the poor OnePlus employee at the lack of NFC on the device. (Which made no sense then and now but I digress.)

I looked at my Nexus 5 shrugged my shoulders and went home. Long story short. The OP2 was not anything to write home about. So I did not write home about it and did not pass go and did not collect 200+ pounds to spend on it.

Even though as part of the event we all received a free invitation to buy the device. Mine stayed unused.

4. iwantthisone
    Gingerbread May 13, 2017

iwantthisone , May 13, 2017 :
    ehm ehm ehm,
    can I say something
    yes I can boooom

I bought a OPPO 1201 3G handset on 05/march/2017 for my Mom,
    you know what blasted my mind ??? any idea??? no,
    this small-glossy looking phone with no flagship tag have received 2 security updates + 7 lock screen magazine updates + 1 system&bug related update and that's all for 6000rs.
    and I have no idea how many updates this is gonna receive and then I looked at my op2 with custom ROM installed.

I am still laughing. :)-)

lalit.kultham likes this.
  5. iwantthisone
    Gingerbread May 13, 2017

6. Himanshu Marmat
    Cupcake May 13, 2017

Himanshu Marmat , May 13, 2017 :
    brother, I bought OP 3 after so many time of thinking and saving and then just in one month the OP 3T launched, with better specs and almost same price.

G_Paul_Buckle_sLjz likes this.
  7. mwayner
    Lollipop May 13, 2017

mwayner , May 13, 2017 :
    Hehehe, I couldn't care less if they didn't offer another update. Too many available custom options. I haven't done anything to mine since I setup and customized 3.0.2 nearly a year ago, security patches be damned. I have none of the issues about which I see so many complaints.

d1beats likes this.
  8. Fursan Afzal
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2017

Sam Nakamura and awesomeX1 like this.
  9. ajarjitaj3
    Cupcake May 13, 2017

10. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb May 13, 2017

handheld_addict , May 13, 2017 :
    OnePlus 2 was never intended to be more than a placeholder phone for the company. They only put it out because of the trend that there needs to be a new flagship phone every year. They cobbled it together to keep their company name alive until they could put out their real (intended) flagship.

The OnePlus 5 is clearly the next cobbled together fake flagship until they release their actual one, like a "T" variant of the 5 or maybe something way better.

Please everyone, exercise caution regarding hype around the 5.

11. antwan.reynolds
    Eclair May 14, 2017

antwan.reynolds , May 14, 2017 :
    That's why competition is a beautiful thing my man. Never said what I would move on to. If everyone voted with their wallet like me then governments and attorneys would not have to get involved. The companies shafting customers would be essentially bankrupting themselves.

It's all about perspective sir. Please make sure you have a comprehensive picture of ones opinion before casting judgement.

12. lakshmikantdeshpande
    Cupcake May 14, 2017

Last edited: May 14, 2017

13. lalit.kultham
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2017

lalit.kultham , May 14, 2017 :
    That's the most stupid thing I have read today.

14. itsbhanusharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 14, 2017

itsbhanusharma , May 14, 2017 :
    I see OP3/3T users joining same bandwagon soon

15. marinobiagio
    KitKat May 14, 2017

marinobiagio , May 14, 2017 :
    Yep OP2 has been abandoned.. And I think will abandone OnePlus when my OnePlus2 will die..

16. G_pardhu_chowdary_OOoo
    Froyo May 15, 2017

G_pardhu_chowdary_OOoo , May 15, 2017 :
    That ******* company won't bother about our problems, we need to worry as our fan club is going to increase with launch of op 5, all op 3/3t users will be active in community repeating same pleas of neglecting them

17. ganeshknr
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2017

ganeshknr , May 15, 2017 :
    What goes around comes around buddy ;)

18. uday344
    Gingerbread May 15, 2017

uday344 , May 15, 2017 :
    OP still lacks in communication
    After lots of rants about communication they learned nothing..
    Grow up guys...
    this is basic thing for success

awesomeX1 likes this.
  19. F_Azed_Bakeev_KveW
    Froyo May 15, 2017

F_Azed_Bakeev_KveW , May 15, 2017 :
    You right,long time ago Op2 was a flagship of my dream.But those times i could't afford that but now i got 3t you know, after many years even when the company will not support it with fixes and updates i will not sell it because it has everthing i need in it 6gb ram dragon 821 and so on...if you sell it for 200$ you will not be able to find it anymore it will be closed.And such a device we can get only once between humdreds of manufacturers with their innovative devices.it's a device of my dream