About Cleaning OnePlus Devices via OnePlus 7

1. G_Ahsan_Habib_Munna_jQOq , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 13, 2020 :
    Hi. I would love to get some tutorial or guidelines on How to clean my OnePlus 7 during this time of high risk of spread of virus.

P. S: I normally use alcohol pad to clean the device. Is that safe or can that ruin the sealing glue of the device?

2. kinghaloman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 14, 2020

Starcommander and cdnfarmer like this.
  3. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 14, 2020

ghostofcain , Mar 14, 2020 :
    That isn't going to remove virus from your device surface, in fact it's likely to just spread the contamination over the whole surface.

5. G_Ahsan_Habib_Munna_jQOq , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 14, 2020 :
    I am using a screen protector. So I believe oleophobic coating isn't the issue here. But from the ifixit channel video... I have come to learn that, simple microfiber cloth can't clean the phone at all. They might also increase the contamination. They are only goof for cleaning the smudges and some visible marks and dirts.

6. C1534214901258
    Donut Mar 14, 2020

C1534214901258 , Mar 14, 2020 :
    please let OnePlus community know how to disinfect the device procedure we all should follow to make our phone infection free and safe to use.

7. Secondbushome
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2020

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 14, 2020

camohan , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Thread merged and moved to off - topics.

It is well known fact that a mobile device is many times infectious then the toilet seat.

Why all of a sudden need to disinfect a mobile device.

Use alcohol based solutions and if someone is very paranoid use gloves and operate the phone.

Wash hands regularly for 20 seconds (sing a happy birthday song to yourself) and maintain hygienic surrounding.

9. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 14, 2020

Cervantes , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Hi
    You can do a search on youtube and google and comment on the forum

10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 14, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Sing happy birthday twice while washing your hands every time u touch ur phone!
    😉

11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2020

ghostofcain , Mar 15, 2020 :
    Covid-19

And don't put your phone to your face.

Starcommander likes this.
  12. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 15, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 15, 2020 :
    Globally up to 650 000 people die yearly from regular flue. Nobody gives a shit and few care to wipe phones and such.
    My grandpa and probably many other eldery died very recently of regular flue. Nobody gives a shit.
    ONE dies of Corona in Sweden and the prime minister and many other express their grief...

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2020

ghostofcain , Mar 15, 2020 :
    Actually I, and many other healthcare professionals, spend quite a lot of time vaccinating vulnerable individuals against Influenza, on a yearly basis. Regular influenza although more infectious than Covid-19, has a much lower mortality rate.

ho66es likes this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 16, 2020 :
    True. Still many die. Some even choose not to take vaccines (even when the state pays for it). Some have someone else desiding if they should get it or not (and sometimes funding prevents it). With Covid-19 we don't have a vaccine yet. You can't buy yourself a safe ticket on this ride, yet.

I regularly wipe my own phone and work phone (I don't need Covid-19 to motivate me. It's common sense at my work, or atleast should be regardless of where you use the phones). Even clean keyboards at work. I always have alcohol cleaning available for my hands at work and at home. I don't touch stuff with my hands at work unless I must of practical reasons. It still does not make me immune to catching stuff every now and then. I'm rarely sick and need to stay home though.

1584323337991.jpg
    This is the kind I use on my phone (picture above). I'll snapp a picture of one more kind they have later.
    The coating of the screen wears out over time and may need some maintenance anyway. There are some liquid screen protectors with reasonable price that can serve that purpose.

Being more careful and think of hygiene would save some lives even after covid-19 is over. All deaths matter. I just got annoyed by the fact that 1 death causing national news and grief expressed by politicians while approx 200 deaths can go on unnoticed every year by regular flue. And that is only counting one cause of death...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020

15. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 16, 2020 :
    Here is the ingredients of the first product.

1584326110448.jpg
    The other product they have at work is ethanol based.

1584326139175.jpg
    Both are very soft wet wipes. Use with common sense like don't try to make the charge port excessively wet and plug it in right after and such [e]1f609[/e]

16. svntsvn
    Eclair Mar 16, 2020

18. AlexVenski
    Eclair Apr 9, 2020

19. Sandeep Thapliyal
    Eclair Apr 9, 2020