About Color Os 11 for Oneplus 8 pro via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green

2. Does!Compute
    KitKat May 8, 2021

Does!Compute , May 8, 2021 :
    You won't. As mentioned in the official thread (which you should have used instead of creating this redundant one), Color OS will be available in China for OnePlus devices starting with the OnePlus 9 series

McJader, Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. 西经无缺
    Cupcake May 8, 2021

4. Boki95
    Froyo May 10, 2021

Boki95 , via OnePlus 8 , May 10, 2021 :
    I'd also like the option to try color OS. Oxygen OS is buggy as hell. Yesterday I had a 3-5 min freeze while using Instagram.

Shivam__t1 and AlloTomato like this.
  5. rahuldw181
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2021

AlloTomato likes this.
  6. AlloTomato
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

AlloTomato , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    Frankly speaking , color os is better in terms of customization and optimization, so, there is nothing wrong in expecting color os in 8 series, and morover it looks like the OnePlus is slowly adopting color os in global market aswell,

As they have posted recently about customisation part in oos12, and few other stuff which are already present in color os 11

7. hey_im_pankaj , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , May 11, 2021 :
    I think first in China and then in india. Maybe color Os come in india with Android 12.

Now OnePlus can't handle Oxygen OS.
    Also fact is oxygen os features look old or similar to samsung. No slide bar, not so much app clone support.

rahuldw181 likes this.
  8. M1611816517150
    Cupcake May 15, 2021

BSCK likes this.
  9. sp5it
    Eclair May 19, 2021

sp5it , May 19, 2021 :
    We don't need Oxygen nor color os. We need pure android. Case closed.

naman.rajput, BSCK and Auris_ like this.
  10. MrGRV
    Donut May 21, 2021

MrGRV , via OnePlus 8 , May 21, 2021 :
    Yeah brother we need colos os because oxygen os is getting buggy day by day and its just like hell. I won't buy next OnePlus device if this trend continues.
    I was huge fan of oneplus but this discouraged me .
    My phone suddenly freezes , when scrolling on chome or few other apps , it lags very much that even a child would say its hanged.
    No proper timely updates and bug fixes .

So hell yeah I want color os now.

11. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 21, 2021

B_Wrath , May 21, 2021 :
    Color OS on OnePlus devices will not be available outside China. Simple.

Bobbie63 and McJader like this.
  12. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2021

SandeshChinchapur , May 21, 2021 :
    Oneplus starts pushing ColorOS - that's the official end of the brand Oneplus. Oxygen OS is the soul of the brand Oneplus.

BSCK likes this.
  13. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 21, 2021

B_Wrath , May 21, 2021 :
    Was.

The current Oxygen OS isn't the OS it was meant to be.

ghostofcain and Bobbie63 like this.
  14. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2021

I feel the core is still same, except for the recent changes. I'd still keep Oxygen OS right below iOS.

15. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 21, 2021

B_Wrath , May 21, 2021 :
    Nah. It isn't. The amount of bloat these days in the OOS is staggering. That too on the Indian version.

ghostofcain and Bobbie63 like this.
  16. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2021

What bloat are you talking about? Game space n RCC?

17. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 21, 2021

B_Wrath , May 21, 2021 :
    Netflix, Roaming, Buds app, OnePlus account, OnePlus membership, OP switch, Zen mode, work life balance.

These are just the uninstallable ones. I can keep on adding other apps from OnePlus which I rarely use, but are installed in the phone anyways.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  18. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2021

Buds app, OP account, OP switch, Zen mode, all these are useful apps and I personally use them. Point is, these are still system level bloat, which are practically useful, and 'needed' in some case. Atleast it's not the same bloat as Samsung gives. I agree with what you mean, Oneplus was once the vanilla android.. but no brand can survive that way. And yes, these bloat haven't effected the user experience, that's important. Not defending Oneplus by any means here, but I genuinely feel the user experience has been the same over the years except for the software support lately.

McJader likes this.
  19. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 21, 2021

B_Wrath , May 21, 2021 :
    I have a huge place holder in the settings page which irritates me.
    It still be good if it stops suggesting me to put down the phone even when I haven't opened the app ever.
    Why should I go in and turn off the notification?

All these can be given as standalone app which has no need to be a system app.
    Yes. I understand.

ghostofcain likes this.
  20. SandeshChinchapur
    Jelly Bean May 21, 2021

Are you talking about the Username with Picture tile right under search icon? Well, i like it 😄 to have my pic and name over there 😂 (again not defending Oneplus, but I genuinely liked it when I saw similar thing on iOS)

1621589424188.jpg
    Wait, are you getting notifications from Zen mode app? I have never got a single notification yet.

I agree on this though.