Third Party Software

Accessibility service instability, esp. LastPass, Greenify

1. MarkMessinger Froyo Aug 12, 2019 at 5:47 PM

MarkMessinger, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:47 PM :
    I have encountered recurring instances where accessibility services, especially those required for LastPass and Greenify (but not always exclusively those apps), have malfunctioned. Or simply become deactivated.

Have others been experiencing this same behavior and what, if anything, were you able to find that successfully resolved the problem?

I set accessibility services 'on' and then (sometimes later in the same day) the application malfunctions and I find the cause is the application's access has simply turned off or sometimes I get a message that "This service is malfunctioning." It's LastPass whose accessibility service is malfunctioning - sometimes - other times I find it's been inexplicably turned off. This is happening several times each day and I'm uncertain as to what is the event that is triggering the service to deactivate or to malfunction.

dscottgreer likes this.
  2. Rohan Mane Froyo Aug 13, 2019 at 3:11 PM

3. MarkMessinger Froyo Aug 15, 2019 at 5:40 AM

MarkMessinger, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:40 AM :
    Thanks for the idea. But I've only ever had Recent app management set to Normal. These apps, too, are set to not optimized, so far as battery optimization is concerned.

The update to OxygenOS 9.0.8 has not brought about any improvement, either.

4. dscottgreer Cupcake Aug 15, 2019 at 7:40 AM

dscottgreer, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:40 AM :
    Yes, I came here for this. OnePlus 6
    LastPass & Malwarebytes scanner are both turned off shortly after I turn them on... repeat.

Haven't been able to find a fix on the webs yet!

5. MarkMessinger Froyo Aug 16, 2019 at 1:02 AM

MarkMessinger, Aug 16, 2019 at 1:02 AM :
    Ugh. I don't think Tasker can be configured to periodically (like, every 4 hours or less, during daytime) reset the accessibility service for certain apps.

I too am looking for a solution on the interwebs.

6. RahulGurjar Cupcake Aug 16, 2019 at 11:14 AM

RahulGurjar, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:14 AM :
    I am too facing this issue in my oneplus 6, after sometime Accessibility service turns off automatically and every time I have to turn on each service.

7. MarkMessinger Froyo Aug 16, 2019 at 7:48 PM

MarkMessinger, Aug 16, 2019 at 7:48 PM :
    LastPass support replied to me.

"The developers are aware of this issue and have been working for some time to isolate and identify the root cause. They have been pushing fixes in the releases to the app when it is updated in the google play store, however the issue persists for some users and they are still working to fully resolve the issue.

We do appreciate your patience while they work on this and apologize for the continued inconvenience."​

This suggests to me that the accessibility service problems - at least some of them - might be on the application side and not on OnePlus. I do want to point out, though, that when LastPass loses accessibility access, I get a notice "the service has malfunctioned." I am not getting that with other applications whose accessibility access suddenly stops.