[Accessory] AMA! Finally received my Bamboo StyleSwap Cover

1. Fallensn0w
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

Fallensn0w , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Yay, I finally received my Bamboo styleswap cover. So I guess this will be a semi-review on it including my thoughts on the accessory.

[​IMG]
    So I tried taking a selfie with the cover itself without shaking too damn much so excuse me if the image is not that good. The app I used taking the photo was Google Camera.

Okay so back to the "review". When I received my package I felt both the packaging and the cover itself was high quality stuff. I'm not too concered about the price. I really think it was worth it. The back feels a bit woodish I guess, I wouldn't say it feels like pure wood, atleast not according to me, but it's fine. The feeling I get is not-so-plastic-but-still-plastic-wood-type-of-feeling if that makes any sense. I feel really unique using this styleswap and basically I just really like it!

The only bad thing I noticed using this cover (apart from the phone is actually a bit thicker) is now with the bamboo styleswap the phone feels much more slippery and I feel like I could drop it any second using it. That's exactly the opposite from what the Sandstone back made me feel. I had a solid grip of it and wasn't afraid of dropping it. But after more using of the phone my hands got a bit warm and wet and that's when I noticed that I actually have a good grip when my hands are warm. That saying if you live in a cold country like Russia I wouldn't suggest buying this accessory. But so far so good, I love it and I totally think it is price worth.

[​IMG]
    I quickly downloaded a wallpaper as well to fit this light wood with it. (I think I'll make this wallpaper a bit lighter due to the wood is a bit dark compared to the back but it is fine for now.)

Information about my home screen (I'm sorry that it's on Swedish, I normally use my phone with UK English as my default):
    • Wallpaper: Light wood wallpaper. Grab it here.
    • Icon package: Rondo
    • Launcher: Aviate
    • Widgets: Seconds Widget Clock (top widget), Chronus Dock (transperant, to make the weather widget at bottom), Chronus Weather (bottom widget)
    • EDIT: DPI: 400

I think that's all for now, I will sure update this thread if I change my mind or if I experience something in the upcoming days using this styleswap. Ask Me Anything! :D

EDIT2: If you appreciate this review, I am quite certain you will enjoy the next. I will be reviewing the OnePlus Silver Bullet earphones next! When I receive my JBL's I will review those as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

2. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2015

3. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Feb 16, 2015

Fallensn0w likes this.
  4. ShadySpeedster

ShadySpeedster , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Love it. Your cover has a slightly darker shade to mine. :D
    How surprised were you when you felt it?
    Hint: softer than the screen ;)

5. gvsk05
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2015

Vinmre likes this.
  6. marcvento12
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2015

marcvento12 , Feb 16, 2015 :
    CONGRATS, Shipping? Where do you live? I live in Spain, ordered 5th February, completed 6th February AND STILL NO HERE! :( Bad Oneplus :(

7. Angalv
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2015

Fallensn0w likes this.
  8. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Feb 16, 2015

9. alhasbun
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2015

10. lazereagle
    Froyo Feb 16, 2015

11. alerimini
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2015

12. esaurabh

esaurabh , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Hiw many girlfriends you have ? :D

marcvento12 likes this.
  13. sh3llshock
    KitKat Feb 16, 2015

sh3llshock , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Yes they are.

14. Fallensn0w
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

If you are asking if you are able to put on a cover then yes there is a whole thread of covers compatible. :D

I think so they feel plastic. :eek:

I just broke up with my girlfriend after a one year relationship. I'm 20 years old. However I don't see how it's relevant to the thread. LOL :cool::p

aakashjhaveri likes this.
  15. esaurabh

esaurabh , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Sarcasms

16. Fallensn0w
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

It's all about pure luck and patience. Good luck ! :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

17. Fallensn0w
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

I don't know sorry. What's time and what's a clock? lol :p

It's the photo's fault. The oneplus logo itself is actually white. I was in fact really surprised. I hate surprises but I loved this one. :D

I live in Sweden, shipped via royal mail. Check my signature to see the date I ordered it. I can't remember and I'm on my opo now so I can't see signatures. :)