Adaptive brightness to dark in lower light via OnePlus 6T

1. Bbq976
    Donut Jul 5, 2020

Bbq976 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 5, 2020 :
    When I bought phone it came with Android Pie, and adaptive brightness of screen was to aggressive becoming to dark in lower light. After few updates, maybe 3 it finally worked properly. But, then came Android 10 update, and it again become to aggressive on low light, so that I have to correct it manually every time. It happening also on my wifes OP 8, so it is probably general issue. Please work it out, I know you can do it, cause it was done before. Thanx

2. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2020

LegolasX , Jul 5, 2020 :
    when you bought your phone, there was Auto Brightness and when you updated to 10 its now Adaptive Brightness. teach your device to adapt at different brightness until it learns, problem solved. people still think auto and adaptive are same thing!!

3. DroidOnePlus
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

4. Bbq976
    Donut Jul 6, 2020

Bbq976 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 6, 2020 :
    How many times I should manually rectify brightness so that phone learn my preference? Also, I know that AI is learning since first day, or should learn, and also tried before to teach it. But before update solve that " learning ai", I couldn't . Hope you are right, and I will keep teaching it untill it accept my preference

5. LegolasX
    Jelly Bean Jul 6, 2020

LegolasX , Jul 6, 2020 :
    it depends, if you frequently use your device from in many different lighting scenarios then it may take more time. you can reset the brightness behavior previously learnt by the device and start over.

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Erroneus
    Froyo Jul 6, 2020

Erroneus , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Good luck, it doesn't work. I've been struggling with this since 10 was released and no amount of training and resetting will fix it or train it to work properly. OnePlus is lowering light to much, as a way to keep battery numbers up, just as they are killing apps to soon.

7. DroidOnePlus
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2020

8. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 6, 2020 :
    Works fine on my 6T. Light changes all the time, so the adaptive Brightness feature will raise and lower brightness as and when necessary, if I find it went a litlle high or low, I merely raised it manually and it will be fine from their on, in fact I rarely have to do that anymore.

rhyd1am likes this.
  9. DroidOnePlus
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2020

DroidOnePlus , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    On op6 its stark opposite. It never learns low & high light adaptation. Almost 80% times I hv to adjust brightness intensity especially in low light.

10. Bbq976
    Donut Jul 10, 2020

Bbq976 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    After reading all this posts, I can just confirm my first observation. Last Android Pie finally corrected this problem for me, in low light it wasn't to dark for me to use comfortable my phone. Then Android 10 came, and we got back old problem. I'm 100% sure of this. So, it is software issue, that can be fixed

11. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Report the issue directly to OnePlus Developers as a Bug report.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...uct-suggestions-on-oneplus-community.1002970/

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

12. Bbq976
    Donut Jul 10, 2020

Bbq976 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I'm sure OP is well informed about this issue, cause year ago I read this similar conversation, and then they rectified it, as I wrote previous. But then after Android 10 this problem came back again. my wife useing OP 8, and have same problem. Hope they will do something about it

13. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I do believe that when a new version of Android comes out, many features from previous versions don't get coded to be included if they involve additional coding beyond the norm.

However, with each version of Android many of the unique OnePlus features get included, those that don't tend to be left behind. And some have to be reincluded as time progresses.

However then Android 11 comes along and includes other coded features, so it's a bit of a merry-go-round. Then others get left behind.

This is the nature of Android, as it progresses, OnePlus, then have to find newer features to include.

But in fairness, OnePlus features they have built themselves have forced the progression of Android. And as OP features become the standard, it just goes to show how much at the forefront they are with their coders and developers.

That's a rarity these days.

Even Samsung and other big players are being left in OnePlus wake on their ideas and features front, as so many have been implemented into stock Android.

Bbq976, drl431 and rhyd1am like this.
  14. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Just as a point of comparison, I've recently been using my pixel 3XL again to try android 11. Using it again for the last 4 weeks, one of the first things that I noticed, was I'd forgotten how good the adaptive brightness was on my 6t. Yes it's not perfect, but compared to my pixel it works like a dream.

I would point out though that since running the android 11 beta one my pixel, there has been an improvement in the adaptive brightness, so perhaps there's hope there that Oneplus will also introduce improvements to the feature once android 11 success in the 6 series next year.

Bbq976, drl431 and Caomhin like this.
  15. DroidOnePlus
    Honeycomb Jul 11, 2020

Bbq976 likes this.