ADB Command to Disable Zen Mode via OnePlus 5T

1. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Mar 13, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 13, 2020 :
    Hey friends who hate the trash feature called zen mode, here is a relatively easy solution for y'all.

If you enabled developer mode and USB debugging, and downloaded adb tool on your computer, you can try this command:

adb shell pm disable-user com.oneplus.brickmode

This command disables zen mode for you. It doesn't require root, stays valid after reboot and solves the problem once for all.

I found the link through a Reddit post which directed me to this XDA post:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/increase-battery-life-t3939843

Personally tested, it works on 5T. Here is a screenshot:

1584123877458.jpg
    I don't know whether the condition will stay after a system update, gonna test that out after 9.0.11 rolled out for me.

I won't answer tutorial questions as most procedures could be found with Google. Good luck [e]1f44d[/e]

Georgeoneplus7pro and xnutzii like this.
  2. G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2020

G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ , Mar 14, 2020 :
    You literally never ever have to use it. I forget it exists until I actually want to use it. Why is it a trash feature? Sounds like it was designed for ppl like you since it bothers you so much.

3. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 14, 2020 :
    G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ

You literally never ever have to use it. I forget it exists until I actually want to use it. Why is it a trash feature? Sounds like it was designed for ppl like you since it bothers you so much.​

Exactly, it was not designed for me, and OnePlus forced it onto my phone.

I have what I called "Electronic Mysophobia", which means that I can't stand unwanted apps, unwanted notifications, outdated apps etc..

You must see my point. I hate THE THING'S EXISTENCE.

Why would anyone ever want to use a bricked "smartphone" anyway? Why not just get a feature phone?

Use it if you like. Don't reply.

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  4. G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2020

G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ , Mar 14, 2020 :
    Kinda bullshit diagnosis it that? LOOOL. Aite though.. I'ma head out. Have fun.

ruijmeira likes this.
  5. PSSF23
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

PSSF23 , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Thanks lol. You know what, I have since found another command:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <app url>

This command can uninstall any bloatware app on the phone, but some uninstallation (for example, OnePlus Gallery) could cause problems in relevant apps (like Camera). You can check my other post for relative information~

Georgeoneplus7pro likes this.
  6. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Jelly Bean Jun 1, 2020

Georgeoneplus7pro , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Yes, you can uninstall Duo, Google Play Music, etc. But if you turn it off, it just doesn't bother you at all.

7. aanishjangra
    Cupcake Jun 3, 2020