Adb commands for decrypting phone in TWRP?

1. archz2
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2020

archz2 , Oct 11, 2020 :
    I have oneplus 5T running Oxygen OS 10.0.0 on Android 10.

What are the adb commands for decrypting the phone in TWRP recovery by entering the lockscreen pin via adb interface opened in windows 10 laptop?

2. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 13, 2020

Best Answer
    Funk Wizard , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Once you know what you are getting into, backup entire device and follow the below:

Required Downloads:

5T Full ROM Zip:
    • OxygenOS 10.0.0 HotFix:Official Link
    • MD5: 5cd5d2dbfd938ece3ad2ce37a1d5b8b0

Custom Recoveries:
    • TWRP by mauronofrio:Official Link
    • TWRP by poad42:Official Link
    • blu_spark TWRP by eng.stk:Official Link
    • Official TWRP by Dees_Troy:Official Link

Root:
    • Magisk:Official Link

Please take the complete backup before you start as Decryption would require a full wipe/format data of your device.

1. Boot into Android 10 compatible TWRP (Links shared above)
    2. Go to “Wipe” section, tap “Format Data”, and type “YES”
    2. Transfer ROM and no verity zip to the device over MTP
    3. Go to Install > Select ROM > Swipe to confirm flash
    4. Again Install > Select magisk.zip, and swipe to confirm the flash
    5. Again Install > Flash No Verity Zip again
    6. Reboot System

You should now be running a Decrypted OOS and make sure you follow the same process with future rom updates else system will force encrypt.

Hope this helps

archz2 likes this.
  3. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 11, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 11, 2020 :
    While there are certainly People here that know how to do this. I would suggest that XDA would be better equipped to handle your request.

archz2 likes this.
  4. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Oct 13, 2020

OALEXANDER , Oct 13, 2020 :
    @Funk Wizard pls do the honors :)

archz2 and Funk Wizard like this.
  5. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 13, 2020

Funk Wizard , Oct 13, 2020 :
    There are various methods to decrypt and i assume you know the drawbacks or advantages of decrypting the phone.
    Please confirm if you are able to boot into TWRP and have an unlocked bootloader which is a prerequisite

archz2 likes this.
  6. archz2
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2020

archz2 , Oct 18, 2020 :

Sometimes my screen stops responding. What I usually do is boot into TWRP and attach my mouse via OTG to enter the pin, decrypt the phone and flash the stock ROM to make my screen respond again. I don't wipe any data from my phone. I don't intend to decrypt the entire phone permanently. I just only need to enter the pin that TWRP asks before all the buttons of its user interface are visible. This is the same PIN I use for my screen lock.

Often what happens that the mouse is also not working via OTG and I just keep the phone aside, switched off for 15 minutes and after frequent boots into TWRP, the mouse starts responding via OTG in TWRP. In such scenarios (when mouse is not functioning) I would want to use adb command via connecting my phone to laptop to enter the pin, decrypt and flash the stock ROM zip file. I have an unlocked bootloader.