[Submitted] Add option to disable/remove Zen Mode app

1. pest46
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2019

pest46 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Earlier OnePlus was a high rated brand for me because of customers could be assured to not get annoying bloatware preinstalled in their devices. There was always a possibility to disable or even uninstall unecessary and unwanted apps. Extended individual customisation was characteristic for Oxygen OS compared to other brands.
    And now this is coming without any possibility to at least disable it... Come on OnePlus, many of us have been devoted customers for a lot of earlier versions of your phones ! Let us at least disable the Zen Mode feature.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019

2. Ozarks
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2019

Ozarks , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Because of this intrusive app being forced onto my phone, I will not be buying any more OnePlus products.

3. PoPSiCLe
    Donut Oct 10, 2019

PoPSiCLe , Oct 10, 2019 :
    Give me an option to remove or turn off this bullshit app immediately, kthxplox!

Do you think I'm five? I'm perfectly capable deciding my usage myself. I do NOT appreciate having some stupid app tell me I need to put my phone off, and give me "achievements" for doing so!

4. Chasebank
    Donut Oct 11, 2019

Chasebank , Oct 11, 2019 :
    Can't uninstall or disable. Can't restrict permissions. Drains 5% of my battery every day. Can't control notifications.

Really pisses me off!

5. G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj
    Froyo Oct 12, 2019

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj , Oct 12, 2019 :
    And now the app store says this garbage is no longer compatible with my device, but it's still on it, still not removable and still using data and battery

Attached Files:

6. Polish_Eagle
    Donut Oct 13, 2019

Polish_Eagle , Oct 13, 2019 :
    there needs to be a way to remove this garbage. I was on road trip that was longer than 3 hours and this stupid app gives me a notification that I've been on the phone for more than 2 hours. yeah, no shit, I'm using my GPS.

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and pest46 like this.
  7. ugone
    Donut Oct 16, 2019

ugone , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Please add me to the list of people who hate this app and the inability to remove it. Get it off. A star on playstore and if you can't get the chance to uninstall this garbage soon, I think I'll change the operating system, since LineageOs doesn't have these big problems

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and pest46 like this.
  8. axxtion
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

axxtion , Oct 17, 2019 :
    They must be tracking all of us thru this app. get this crap off my phone

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj likes this.
  9. atilaw
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

atilaw , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Woke up this morning to zen mode notifications telling me to take a break from my phone. Can't disable it, uninstall it... It's crap bloatware like this in other manufacturers phones that made people flock to OnePlus and made you successful. Please dont start locking in pointless crap into updates... I'll just stop buying OnePlus.

10. mattsch21
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

mattsch21 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    With the way that this app works, and how it can't be barred from accessing the internet, this goes beyond bloatware. This looks like spyware to me.

11. mattsch21
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. mentioning the ruling party in the middle kingdom and you can't post on this forum.

12. mattsch21
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

Almost proves what this app is. SPYWARE. For Xi's goons in the ******* edited because of CENSORSHIP.

13. Deactivated User
    Oct 17, 2019

G_Mark_Dunn_JMmj and atilaw like this.
  14. vyse69
    Donut Oct 21, 2019

vyse69 , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Hello, I use my OP at work, I'm always on the road and I listen to the radio on my smartphone using bluetooth. And I find that zen mode notifications are annoying, I would like to disable or uninstall this option, I do not use it at all. Thank you.

15. TaranQ
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2019

TaranQ , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I want a disable option as well. This causes more frustration than it should prevent!!

16. Mr.Round
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

Mr.Round , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I just received the notification too. I was just able to remove Zen Mode. Settings>Apps & Notifications>Zen Mode>Store App Details>Uninstall (in the Google Play Store). It doesn't appear in my app drawer. Good Luck. I have a OP7Pro

17. Xetmes
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2019

Xetmes , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Just hit 3 dots and select "system apps", boom, Zen Mode is there ;) As OS App.

BTW. After updating to A10 I'm still getting notifications from Zen Mode, also when I unchecked notification for this bloatware :/ Simply when Navi in use, this make me crazy since firs day with this app...

18. Mr.Round
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

Mr.Round , Oct 22, 2019 :
    YUP, Its there! I was able to find this: "Put the Zen widget on the home screen. Select it. There's a gear in the top right for settings. You can turn off the notifications." I just did it and I'll report back to see if I get a notification. It won't be until I'm at home tonight when I can use my phone for 2 hours.

19. Cupcake 1111
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Cupcake 1111 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    I

20. Cupcake 1111
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Cupcake 1111 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Please remove, this crap,, zen mode off my phone. I have disabled it, but it hasn't made any difference
    The notifications are endless