[Submitted] Add the ability to import and use TTF based fonts as system font

1. R1571227832739
    Cupcake May 1, 2020

R1571227832739 , May 1, 2020 :
    Title Add the ability to import and use TTF based fonts as system font
    Device OnePlus6T Software Version O2 Stable 200222
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description One could argue that this is also an accessibility feature in addition to being a great customisation feature, many people find most styles of fonts hard to read. Being able to change your system font to a custom font would open up new opportunities for customisation however most importantly legibility. If someone has a hard to reading a regular style of font because they have dyslexia for example they could load a TTF font specially designed for dyslexic legibility into the system.
    Any other comments
    Add the ability to import TTF based fonts into the system giving you the ability to truly customise OxygenOS to the look and feel you desire.
    Fonts play a very big part in both legibility and customisation of your device. Having an official way to change your system font to a custom font would be amazing!
    Personally I'd change my font to the Ubuntu font immediately given the option, it's much more legible and is completely open source!

GregoryGPT likes this.
  2. GregoryGPT
    Froyo May 3, 2020

GregoryGPT , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    Yes I totally agree! I find the current fonts hard to read and would like to add a font with a thicker fontweight. Hopefully OnePlus will add this needed feature!