Adding Exchange Account to the OPT

1. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Aug 24, 2015

Android the Greek , Aug 24, 2015 :
    If anyone is trying to consolidate business and personal devices as I am with the OPT dual sim capability, I found that I needed a later version of the Exchange services app to activate the exchange feature in gmail.

Simply google exchange services (I used the one from dev preview 3) and sideload on the OPT. (I deactivated unknown apps then reactivated it)

restart Gmail and add exchange.

2. juandiegovq
    Froyo Sep 20, 2015

juandiegovq , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I tried to do this but it didn't work. It accepts my credentials but it never sync

I installed Exchange services and restart Gmail but no luck

3. Espada04
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2015

Espada04 , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Or, just download and install Microsoft's Outlook client which works very well.
    :)

4. thboyes
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

thboyes , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I have used Touchdown for years on many devices and always had good luck.

5. eskimosoldier
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

6. anirushkrishnakamath
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

anirushkrishnakamath , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Thx for the update!

7. chrsfrwll
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

chrsfrwll , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I'm still using the April release successfully. I didn't like the look of the two preview versions as their release number was 5.x rather than the earlier 6.x versions.

I did have a few headaches getting it all set up to sync calendars and contacts but eventually it all worked out. I deleted all accounts from the phone, installed exchange services and then set up the exchange account.

Also using Ms Outlook for mail but needed exchange services to work to get my contacts onto the phone and working in the phone book, as well as having my calendar readable by Sunrise.

8. juandiegovq
    Froyo Sep 21, 2015

juandiegovq , Sep 21, 2015 :
    I added the exchange account but it won't sync. So I deleted the account from the settings but it is still present in gmail and I have no way to remove it. My account shows in Gmail but not in google accounts

Outlook is blocked by my organization so that's not an option

EDIT/FIX: I disabled gmail, enable it again and I saw there was an update so I install it and now it works

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

9. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Sep 21, 2015

10. kapil07
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2015

kapil07 , Sep 21, 2015 :
    is touchdown working? I really need it as most important feature in my phone?

11. IBuzZBasHI
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2015

IBuzZBasHI , Sep 21, 2015 :
    why do you want exchange in gmail? i have mine in mail wise on OPO and it works fine....

12. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2015

13. thboyes
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2015

thboyes , Sep 21, 2015 :
    Touchdown works perfectly, and I've used it on many devices. It does cost $19 one time, but install the trial and make sure it does what you want. It has many Outlook-like features on the phone - signatures, enable/set OOO, etc.

kapil07 likes this.
  14. thboyes
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2015

thboyes , Sep 21, 2015 :
    Right as I send this, Oxygen 2.1 OTA is starting to roll out and it has Exchange support. You may want to wait :)