Adventures in OTA Land

1. thudrumble
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2015

thudrumble , May 3, 2015 :
    I've installed 0YL manually and got the 17L via OTA after that, so i don't see any reason for not receiving the following updates the same manner

2. wilmarsaly
    Jelly Bean May 3, 2015

wilmarsaly , May 3, 2015 :
    As a OTA or nightly?

3. angeliquetit
    Donut May 3, 2015

angeliquetit , May 3, 2015 :
    Thanks a lot for updates, please consider wakelock issues into 12.1

regards

4. Tuamtuam
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

Tuamtuam , May 3, 2015 :
    I've had CM12s on my OPO for a couple of days now, and everything is fine, as it has always been in my own case.
    I did the OTA update from a rooted, unlocked, custom recovery CM11 and only had to fiddle a little bit to get custom recovery and root back afterwards.
    I don't seem to have any play services wakelocks (which I was getting in the latest CM11) after updating to the latest version in the play store after OTA.

I actually like most of the UI changes, but of course there are quite a few small things, options, which would be nice to get back. I'm just going to assume you're aware of them and they are being worked on for future updates ;)

Shame that OPO and CM are scrapping the partnership, but I don't necessarily see that that means that future CM could not also support OPO. I really hope it will do anyway.

Appreciate the communication, never too late to be open about the project and its issues. Keep up the good work, I look forward to the next updates when they are ready :)

AngryDenny likes this.
  5. ibrahimnadir1
    Honeycomb May 3, 2015

ibrahimnadir1 , May 3, 2015 :
    Okay so i need you people suggestion. I updated to lollipop after the recent update and i wasnt satisfied so i reverted back to 5Q and am having cm11. I got this update though. Should i update? Because i dont want to leave kitkat as its more stable on my OPO. Does this update means i will have cm12 with kitkat 4.4? :/ Screenshot_2015-05-03-15-51-06.png

varunlucky123 likes this.
  6. thudrumble
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2015

thudrumble , May 3, 2015 :
    this one is still Kitkat ... the last one of Kitkat. I had it for a long time, and it was pretty good, so, if you wanna have a nice Lollipopless OPO, go for it.

7. ibrahimnadir1
    Honeycomb May 3, 2015

ibrahimnadir1 , May 3, 2015 :
    Okay cool thanks :)

8. willard1
    Froyo May 3, 2015

9. TheRealProcyon
    Jelly Bean May 3, 2015

10. sri.bidya1
    Donut May 3, 2015

sri.bidya1 , May 3, 2015 :
    Ya already did that n it's working fine.. Thanks for your time..

11. fiorenzosartore
    Donut May 3, 2015

fiorenzosartore , May 3, 2015 :
    yes now bt works fine.

12. jazzharuddeen
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

jazzharuddeen , May 3, 2015 :
    unable to edit and rearrange anything on notification drawer on cm12s after latest ota update please help

13. joseluiscence
    Froyo May 3, 2015

14. Rebekah
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

Rebekah , May 3, 2015 :
    That was very interesting to read. I'm not a software person but knew 'stuff' must have been going on and was happy to wait.
    I'm enjoying 12 a lot. Thanks.

15. emes921
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

emes921 , May 3, 2015 :
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have said all along, I would rather wait longer, and get the update without bugs than get it quicker, and have to deal with a lot of problems. I updated yesterday, and have found that it runs well, and my previous battery issues are gone. Great work!

16. Aanjaney Priyadarshi
    Froyo May 3, 2015

Aanjaney Priyadarshi , May 3, 2015 :
    https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/BACON-3526

Please vote for this issue for all of you facing issue of battery drain due to mobile radio when on 2G/3G/4G for Google Services and Android System using CPU time when on Wi-Fi. Both are interrelated. Please stop ranting on social network forums and vote here if you wish to bring a change for yourself and everyone else. More votes will draw the attention of developers here and your issues will probably be fixed in the next version.

17. fawzanc
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

fawzanc , May 3, 2015 :
    Yes I have. Rebooted the phone and it appeared.

18. varunlucky123
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

varunlucky123 , May 4, 2015 :
    This update will prepare phones which are encrypted for cm 12. You will not be updated to cm 12 with this.

19. soorajnambala
    Eclair May 4, 2015

20. varunlucky123
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

varunlucky123 , May 4, 2015 :
    My Experiences with Official CM12s OTA update:
    1. Wifi DHCP not working. Static IP works though.
    2. Bluetooth pairing issues with PC.
    3. UI is cumbersome.
    4. Lockscreen is boring.
    5. Notification drawer seems to have "down-dated". Usability reduced. Not liking it.
    6. Battery drains a lot when using wifi.

Wish I had not updated. Looking forward to bug fixes through incremental updates.
    @cyanogen , @CyanogenMod ,