Advice for People letting a US friend post OPO to India by PPObox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 16, 2014

Venky61 , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I have recently come across an issue which further delayed my shipment by 1 week from ppobox mumbai. So I wanted to share that here, in order to make other aware and not the do the same mistake.
    I order my OPO to my friend's place as she was supposed to come to India in October. But as the plan was cancelled at last moment she shipped the OPO on 22nd of September using UPS to my NY PPObox address and then started my trouble. Though the item reached NY by 24th Sep, they shipped my item from there after numerous calls and mails on 7th of October. Added to this delay, when I received the invoice on 13th of October it was 5500/-. I was shocked the amount and called them back. They said the weight was around 6lb which was supposed to be 2lb, so the higher charges. I told them that it could not be more than 2lb as my friend before shipping, checked the weight and was less than 2lb. They again took one more day to inform me that the volume of the package was more and they have to check if any other items are inside. Again after one day they said that they need to repack the item as the volume of the package is more (might be due to UPS Packing) and they would do that for 5$. I said do it if there would be drop in the final price and they said yes. Again on 15th they took a holiday for election and again today on 16th, they say that they will try to repack and send the modified invoice which I still doubt.
    So my final suggestion is would you want to go through this procedure or not is upto your choice, but make sure that UPS does not add extra package on the OPO box while shipping it to NY ppobox as this will make them charge you more.
    Hope this helps some people.

khantiltanvi and frankbaby like this.
  2. frankbaby
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2014

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 16, 2014

frankbaby likes this.
  4. ndr696969
    KitKat Oct 16, 2014

ndr696969 , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I fooled PPOBOX . they charged me just 2811 on my latest OPO . i didnt declare it as OPO , jst some old junk nokia phone worth 199 usd !! i took a risk and it paid off

5. sgniranjan
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2014

sgniranjan , Oct 16, 2014 :
    i think its better to wait for india launch
    no such crap!!!
    i gave away 3 invites to wait for the launch!

Vatu and rajatplusone like this.
  6. abhibhan89
    KitKat Oct 16, 2014

7. iRajeshRajput
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2014

iRajeshRajput , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Any idea about the launch date.

8. a_agarwal_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2014

a_agarwal_ , Oct 16, 2014 :
    While my friend will come to India in November first week (yeah that long wait people!), this advice is very helpful for people who get the OPO shipped through ppobox.

9. sgniranjan
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2014

sgniranjan , Oct 18, 2014 :
    No exact dates
    only tentative ones
    but sure that it will be launched before new year as background work is going on rapidly i hear!

10. abdul_ahad_k
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2014

11. niranjanbatas
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2014

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 20, 2014

Venky61 , Oct 20, 2014 :
    Yes you can.

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Oct 20, 2014

Venky61 , Oct 20, 2014 :
    Update: Received my OPO finally on this saturday. They charged me 72.05$ at the end after repacking the item. Mr.Divyank at PPObox was patient enough to bear my frequent calls. Though I am dissapointed with their overall service am finally happy that I got my phone safely.