Advices that may be useful for future Oneplus buyers

1. niline
    Eclair May 5, 2016

niline , May 5, 2016 :
    Hello everybody.
    I bought my OPO on September 2014 after months of saving money for it. And I didn't regret it: it was the best phone ever. I used it always very carefully, protecting the phone and its screen. Never fell or anything. Sooo perfect. Adviced a lot to buy one, I was so happy of mine.
    But in January 2016, it refused to read any sim card. Tried several times with different cards but it didn't work. But the rest of the phone was just as perfect as usual. As my phone was still guaranteed I decided to ask for help to the RMA. As I trusted them as a serious service, I thought my problem would be solved soon. But... it didn't happen. It took me 2 months of message to ask for an answer, a loooot of different Oneplus speakers always asking what I was contacting them for (always answering,waiting for help, receiving a new mail from a different person with same question...). :confused:
    As I was very despaired cause I loved my phone and couldn't buy another one, I stayed very patient. 2 months later they proposed me to send the phone back, and I accepted it. I had to print something and contact UPS. But UPS did come to my house the very next day to take the phone without warning me before, so I was to work when it happened!! I called them to ask them to come the next day: impossible, they were charged for only one !
    I was so disappointed I could cry. But for once, Oneplus services were very reactive as they closed my ticket and noted it as solved!! That's not what I can call a solved problem... :(

Today, for I can't buy another phone yet, I keep saving money to buy a new one, and a friend gave me an old phone to help me. My so-loved OPO (which was guaranteed again, isn't it ironic?!) left with a kid to be used as a (so) perfect tablet. What a heartbreak for me!

So today, I use my experience to ADVICE the ones who would be thinking about buying a Oneplus phone: off course the phones are very good (and soo close to perfection), and if you buy one you would love it as soon you turn it on. BUT, be sure if you have someday a problem with it, you would have to feel very alone. Treating it as a Graal wouldn't change anything, for I always did it and it didn't help me,except to give it as a tablet in a very good condition! Hope my experience could help people not to make the same mistakes I made.
    The other mistake I made was I didn't ask for help on forum, I trusted Oneplus services so much I didn't think I could need an external help. I payed a lot to learn!!
    Wish you all a nice day and wish others OPO users to never have such troubles with their precious ^^

Last edited: May 5, 2016

2. p51d007
    KitKat May 5, 2016

p51d007 , May 5, 2016 :
    Best advise...never trust Oppo/OnePlus service. If you can find someone locally to repair it, it's cheaper in the long run, AND FASTER.

dharmeshkapasi, ivmeus and AntMunny like this.
  3. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 5, 2016

Lancelot_69 , May 5, 2016 :
    You came here to tell us your experience, did you come here to get help? We all know customer service sucks, we also know a lot of users here on the forums know solutions to some problems like yours.

ivmeus likes this.
  4. niline
    Eclair May 5, 2016

niline , May 5, 2016 :
    @p51d007 : Before I gave it as a tablet, as I was soo depaired, I did ask to every repairing services around me (and far too..) and they refused, saying it was too risky or becaus they didn't know the device enough. I also proposed to give the replacing part, and it was the same.
    That's why my so-loved OPO left as a (very) good condition tablet

ivmeus likes this.
  5. meatandy
    Oreo May 5, 2016

niline and jstepa like this.
  6. niline
    Eclair May 5, 2016

niline , May 5, 2016 :
    @Lancelot_69 :
    As I said in my message I was such a fool I didn't asked for help on the forum and I regret it a lot today. I payed a lot to learn the lesson.

puccellino likes this.
  7. niline
    Eclair May 5, 2016

niline , May 5, 2016 :
    Thanks a lot, hope your OPO would be great for a long time ;-)

puccellino likes this.
  8. Tarfex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

Tarfex , May 6, 2016 :
    Wait so they took ur phone and u never saw it again? I thought there was an admin that solved these problems. He has helped lots of ppl with this issue. Do you want me to tag him here to get his attention? Or am I just reading this whole thing wrong... @niline

9. Adam Krisko
    User of the Year 2013 May 6, 2016

Adam Krisko , May 6, 2016 :
    Can you please PM me your ticket number so I can look into this?

10. niline
    Eclair May 6, 2016

niline , May 6, 2016 :
    No they never took my phone, I gave it to a kid to use it as a tablet. I may not have been clear about it in my post,sorry.
    And now I know I should have come to the forum to ask for help when it happened but I thought Oneplus would be helpful for I had a warranty. BIIIIG mistake (I know it now)!!!
    By the way,thanks a lot for your reaction!

11. niline
    Eclair May 6, 2016

niline , May 6, 2016 :
    I just did it. Thanks a lot

12. Tarfex

Tarfex , May 6, 2016 :
    That was the guy I was talking about. Looks like he showed up without the tag lol.

Mr. BG and niline like this.
  13. Tarfex

Tarfex , May 6, 2016 :
    I just misunderstood the post. It makes more sense now.

14. niline
    Eclair May 8, 2016

niline , May 8, 2016 :
    I'd like to thank all of you for all of your nice messages and posts. This warms my heart!
    :oops:

Linanc7 likes this.
  15. Maphew
    Donut May 8, 2016

Maphew , May 8, 2016 :
    I was in the exact same situation. I really thought OPO was the solutions to all phones, but I was wrong. Not only did the latest update break my data connection and excessively drain my battery, but now that the tech 2 who helped me flashed my phone completely broke it. Its now stuck on the boot logo, and have been at it for the past 2 hours.

To make matters worse, I schedule an online session to flash my phone on Friday the 6th at 3PM PST. The guy responded and said that that will be fine because it will be 6pm EST in their time. Cool right? Wrong. The tech logged in, according to Google's e-mail stamp time: 03:01 est. That's 3 hours before the schedule time. So effectively, he was waiting for me already at 12pm pst, which I was still at work. Of course, I didn't know this until I came home and read his message saying that the session has to now be rescheduled. The hell? Why should I have to reschedule for an appointment that I was on time for? I got home at 1:40pm PST and was already at my desk by 2pm waiting. It is not my fault that the tech cannot tell time and came way too early.

Of course, I e-mailed back and have to reschedule my session... my session that I WAS on time for.

Now, its Saturday, the tech 2 wirelessly flash my phone via screen sharing. Now its currently stuck at the boot logo for the past 2 hours...

TLDR: Don't buy any OnePlus phones. Spend a little more to get a phone from LG, Moto, Google, or Samsung. You'll have true software updates with less phone breaking bugs and better hardware.

If you guys want proof, I have all of the e-mails from the past two days. Poor customer services.

16. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean May 8, 2016

m.pratham , May 8, 2016 :
    Well that's the only catch when you're buying phones from oneplus. If it shows any hardware problems then you're probably doomed.

niline likes this.
  17. niline
    Eclair May 9, 2016

niline , May 9, 2016 :
    Hello everybody.
    Thanks to @Adam Krisko , who spend time to help me, RMA services send me a mail today. But when I opened this message, it made me want to cry: it was another person, asking me again to describe my problem. Made me think to the 2 loong months of messages I wrote for finally haven't been heard. Unfortunately, I had to tell them I had to leave my Oneplus for (as they didn't help me) it was useless as a phone..
    So sad..
    So,whatever I want to thanks a lot @Adam Krisko to have tried to do something. Even if today I'm completely demoralized , it's Nice to have met so nice person here on this forum.
    Have a nice day

daltocs and Gonzo01 like this.
  18. Maphew
    Donut May 9, 2016

Maphew , May 9, 2016 :
    yeah just get another brand of phones. If it helps, my brother just got the Moto Pure, and after fiddling with it, its a pretty nice phone. moto pure is usually on sale on amazon every so often, so look for that. If not, then go for top dogs like samsung. Not saying samsung is by any stretch a perfect smart phone, but after playing with my families note 4's and 5's, i gotta say they are really impressive phones. More expensive of course, but you do get a whole wad of features that are not available from oneplus manufactures. Plus you'll be sure their update at least works.

niline likes this.
  19. Gonzo01
    Lollipop May 9, 2016

Gonzo01 , May 9, 2016 :
    pm him again.

20. rizaldy.wirawan
    Gingerbread May 10, 2016

rizaldy.wirawan , May 10, 2016 :
    Sorry to hear that, ironic, best phone with worst service center :(

niline likes this.