After 2 Years, I say goodbye. Incredible, that the stock charger and USB Cable still works

1. DerDoktor
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2016

DerDoktor , Nov 28, 2016 :
    I just placed an order on the OP3T because my OPO was charging sooo slow lately as reported in here too :/
    I never thought I'd ever have so much struggle with buying a new phone, in fact I already bought the OP3 but sent it back bcs I thought the OPO is good enough for me. It still is a great phone.

Sure, it looks used. I never had any case or screen protector on it. It has scratches, the sandstone back is more like a soft touch back now and the frame is completely broken because I dropped the phone almost daily in the end. It still works like a charm though.

And what works like a charm aswell is the stock cable. I changed USB Cables almost every 3 months because they didn't connect properly anymore, but not with the OPO. This still works fine, despite me rolling over the cable with the chair numerous times etc. Great work, I'm gonna miss the flat cable and awesome USB A plug on it.

mshahmoo, kk22, dsmonteiro and 2 others like this.
  2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Nov 28, 2016

DerDoktor likes this.
  3. mush0315
    Donut Nov 28, 2016

mush0315 , Nov 28, 2016 :
    Totally agree with what you say and I too just placed an order for the 128 gigs. Been using the OPO for 2+ years and trust me, the best phone I ever had. Faced so many hardware and software issues but kept on running with some tweaks. Retiring my buddy here as battery life had degraded and connectivity issues in Germany(bands not supported)
    High hopes for the OP3!
    #NEVER SETTLE, NEVER DISAPPOINT!

kiran.sampathnr and ileptonindia like this.
  4. mush0315
    Donut Nov 28, 2016

mush0315 , Nov 28, 2016 :
    Sorry, OP3T :p

5. DerDoktor
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2016

Okay WTF, I'm writing this post and now I see this:

[​IMG]

There is a black liquid coming out of the cable. I think I must revoke my statement that the cable still works fine I mean, it charges, but I'm not gonna risk using it anymore

6. BeautifulJoe
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2016

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

akvijendra likes this.
  7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Nov 28, 2016

dsmonteiro , Nov 28, 2016 :
    I borrowed my OP2 to my gf and she returned me my 29 months old OnePlus One. Already flashed CM14.1 on it and it's incredible how that phone has aged so well. I'm still using my OP3 as a daily driver but I'm actually considering doing a whole week with the OPO to see how it feels.

theshinybeast likes this.
  8. DerDoktor
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2016

Hello, this is the insurance company from DerDoktor,

we want to inform you, that our client died because you told him to risk it. You can tell his family and friends, have fun!

kk22 and BeautifulJoe like this.
  9. kk22
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2016

10. stevenswall
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2016

stevenswall , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Had my OnePlus One for over two years as well... The most developer support in a phone, Ever. (Based on a nonscientific check on XDA last year comparing the number of development threads between it and the Nexus 6.)

So many things that phone did right, and at that price, that I couldn't land on another phone until the 3T came out. Better so far in every possible way, except for the status bar and pulldown customizations, like swiping across to control brightness, but I think OnePlus will get there.

11. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 29, 2016

Dunnow , Nov 29, 2016 :
    You must treat all your cables like shit. I can assure you, every single cable I ever owned still works just fine to this day.

Just like every charger and every phone (except less battery life ofc)

12. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 29, 2016

Dunnow , Nov 29, 2016 :
    No phone has EVER had more support than the original Samsung Galaxy S.

Followed by the Nexus 4

13. kiran.sampathnr
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2016

kiran.sampathnr , Nov 29, 2016 :
    Congrats man... I have been using my OPO for almost 2 years now... I plan on using till OP4 is out... By far this is the best phone I have ever owned....