After 7 Pro update

1. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 25, 2019 :
    After update to 9.5.8, I lost picture messaging, MMS. Please fix OnePlus

2. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 25, 2019

dsmonteiro, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Hi Hoots2,

The proper way to submit bug reports is through the Feedback option in the community app. This way, all the necessary logs are provided to the Bug Hunters.

Still, can you explain a bit more what you mean by losing that feature? Have you checked with your carrier if the APNs are properly set?

3. Loveit Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2019

Loveit, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Are you a Democrat?

Hoots2 likes this.
  4. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 25, 2019 :
    If I was a Democrat, I would already be spying on you!

Loveit likes this.
  5. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 25, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Simply put, MMS worked fine before update, immediately after update MMS no longer worked. I don't know any other way to explain it. APN is the same. I cannot add another one, it won't save, I can't delete what I have. I can't change what I have, its greyed out, edit is impossible...

6. robert3892 Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

robert3892, Jun 26, 2019 :
    The only possible solution would be a factory reset if everything else has been tried.

7. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 26, 2019 :
    This story gets stranger! I took the sim card out of the 7 Pro and put it in my 6T. No MMS sending, only receive. Then I put the sim in my 5T, no MMS sending, only receive. Then I put the sim in my wife's 5T, no sending, no receive.

Then I put my wife's sim card in my 7 pro, 6T, & 5T, still no sending MMS, receive only on the 6T, not the 7 pro or 5T. Her sim works perfectly in her 5T, both send & receive.

Spent a total of 7 hours on phone with Straight Talk. Got cut off the line 3 times, 3 times I had someone who spoke English so bad I couldn't understand. On the 7th time I requested to be transferred to a manager somewhere in the United states, preferably not California!

The agent pulled up my account to confirm its OK, all paid up in other words, of course it would be, its taken directly out of my checking account. This story could go on & on but I'll sum it up by saying they are sending me a new sim card. I have been with straight talk over 10 years, always bring your own phone program.

I have rebooted into recovery and wiped cache. Figured I would try and find this problem while I'm waiting for the new sim card, suppose to be here in 5 days. I had a total of 559 programs. I uninstalled each program 1 at a time by the last downloaded working back. Each time I uninstalled a program, I would reboot and try to send a MMS to my wife's phone, cuz I knew her phone was working OK.

Bottom line, all programs uninstalled. Still no MMS sending. Then I did a factory reset. I set up the phone just enough to get online. I tried MMS sending again to no avail.

My sim card is from Tracfone, provisioned for T-Mobile. I called straight talk again, they sent me a link to check apn settings. According to them, my phone needs no updates for apn settings and should work fine.

I'm thankful I don't sell my old phones and keep them up to date. Also thankful for OnePlus easy phone switch. After I get the new sim card it will be easy to reload all my programs....

8. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Update

I bit the bullet and did a factory reset after the new SIM card didn't fix the problem. The factory reset didn't fix it either! Straight talk is telling me now they have updated APN settings. Unfortunately with this unlocked 7 pro my hands are tied because OnePlus will not allow me to edit current APN, or allow me to make a new one. It always defaults to the one that needs updated. So buying this unlocked phone directly from OnePlus has no advantage. Also I can't delete the current APN. The more I have this phone, the more I'm starting to hate it!

9. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 27, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Can you post a screenshot of your apn settings.

10. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jun 27, 2019

Hoots2, Jun 27, 2019 :
    1561612920107.jpg

1561612920142.jpg

1561612920170.jpg

11. Hoots2 Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

Hoots2, Jul 6, 2019 :
    Update but no fix! Tracfone has sent me 2 sim cards since last post. Here are my findings....

7 pro, cannot send or receive MMS
    6T, same
    5T, same
    My wife's 5T, sends and receives with new sim card, we both bought 5Ts same day.

Tracfone says new updated MMSC settings are on new sim card. Old settings showing up in APN settings. wap.tracfone, grayed out. Cannot edit or delete. I can make a new APN but doesn't save.

I put the new sim card in my spare LG thinq phone, checked APN settings, they are exactly what Straight Talk said they were, updated.

Even though my wife's 5T APN says tracfone.com in MMS settings, the new sim works fine, send and receive MMS.

I have no doubts now after updates to MY 5T, 6T, and 7 pro, its the phones!

12. DeathMoJo Gingerbread Jul 7, 2019

DeathMoJo, Jul 7, 2019 :
    I'd look up issues on forums such as XDA as some of the features they are telling you that is on the SIM card are pushed to the phone from the carrier. Look up manual settings as well to ensure its not the carrier.