after latest update, Problem Problem Problem!!!!

1. rohit3679
    Donut Jul 25, 2017

rohit3679 , Jul 25, 2017 :
    after the last update list of problem happening.
    1. battery drain very fast
    2. not able to make volte call directly disconnected
    3. network issue is always there most of the time network will not be there.
    these are the major problem, i am facing after the last update.please fix that as soon as possible.

BezyB and pawaraditya79 like this.
  2. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2017

ShortyEx , Jul 25, 2017 :
    I'm sure oneplus will feel obliged to fix these bugs ASAP now that you've created a thread for it. All those people reporting these bugs since 3.5.5 in the dedicated thread made no difference but this thread will be the one which will give oneplus that push they needed, I'm sure of it.

Oh btw, all these issues only started with 3.5.5 because you guys so desperately needed a feature which wasn't on the speclist (VoLTE), think about that for a second... One target market ruined a perfectly good device for the entire global market. Every update since has been an attempt to fix that one feature and in the meanwhile all of us have to deal with a ton of bugs on a daily basis.

3. sindhu_srbr
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2017

sindhu_srbr , Jul 25, 2017 :
    I face the network issue... It goes off very frequently and this happens quite often...

BezyB likes this.
  4. figiu
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2017

figiu , Jul 25, 2017 :
    Facing problems in the network selection, once in mode automatic 2G/3G/4G apparently get stucked in 4G even when there is not enough connection , now I m in 2G/3G otherwise I can't use my data always.
    Also issues for fast battery drainage...
    Please solve the problems.

BezyB likes this.
  5. G_Chuks_Chukwuocha_svvR
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2017

6. abhi_0211
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2017

7. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2017

tulip_bibs , Jul 25, 2017 :
    The target market is bigger than your market and have greater impact on sales than yours, that's why they implemented volte. And remember the volte support was always in the device, hardware was there. So don't cry because they listened to a "particular market", just try to understand it's their fault if they failed to implement it. Maybe intentionally.

8. parthsroy
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2017

parthsroy , Jul 25, 2017 :
    I am in Vodafone Bangalore. after Carrier update from Google Play Network disappeared issue started. In same location it shows 4G and after few min network disappear. again it comes back after few min. Not sure what causing it .

9. ShortyEx

On the speclist:
    - good battery (big battery capacity)
    - decent camera (at the time it was and you had RAW)
    - good performance (4GB ram, decent processor and large storage capacity - at the time)

Not on the speclist:
    - VoLTE

From where I stand I saw people from a particular target market creating thread after thread and support ticket after support ticket to ask VoLTE. All the while they bought a device that didn't have it. If it were an important feature they should've bought a device that supported it and not buy a cheaper device and then start complaining until you get it. The hardware being capable of it doesn't matter, how many devices out there (including ours) are capable of running Nougat but aren't getting it because Google or the Manufacturer has decided it shouldn't? All the issues that are currently bugging users are persistent bugs throughout all the 3.5.x, 3.6.x builds. You can't argue that if they wouldn't have spent all that time fixing firmware for one feature in every single update since 3.5.5, they could have probably made the OS a lot more stable instead?

Also, were there actually more devices sold in India than on a global scale? Because you seem to imply that and, not saying it's not possible but, that would seem highly unlikely. Although if the stats are there to backup this statement I would gladly believe it.

10. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2017

tulip_bibs , Jul 25, 2017 :
    Well, listen, OP2 didn't get Nougat, despite having potential hardware. So people, who own OP2 asked for it again and again. If I remember correctly you have a "successful" thread on it as well. So why are you asking or supporting the demand for Nougat that wasn't on the official spec sheet?
    It's OP's fault , they failed to keep their promises, not the customers.

I don't think;
    - Removing RAW support.
    - Proximity sensor bug.
    - Broken pocket mode.
    - Bad battery life.
    - Heating issues.
    - Slow charging.
    and any other bugs except rare cases of network issues in stock OS (Network issue is severe in third party ROMs, but at least that can be fixed disabling volte.) has anything to do with VOLTE update.

If you feel bad about Indians getting attention, you are more than welcome to create another thread on that. Wish that will be successful too. Just don't try to justify keeping demands of the customers is OP's mistake.

For your information, India is the fastest growing market right now, who already are the highest mobile data consumers in the world. So it's obvious, the demands of this "particular" market will be listened.

11. ShortyEx

First of all, my thread is nothing more than a collection of all statements and mentions about Nougat for the OP2 in an attempt to stop the flood of thread being created about it. I, personally, couldn't care less about Nougat but I do care about getting stability for my device.

Secondly. I just took this as an example. Take a look at devices like the OPO, OPX which can run Nougat but Google has decided their hardware won't do. That was my point, it's not that your device is technically capable of it, that you should demand getting it.

Thirdly. All the bugs you are describing are bugs which have been on our devices for a long time. Most of them came to existence when 3.5.5 was introduced for VoLTE. From that point there have been several updates (3.5.6, 3.5.7, 3.5.8, 3.5.9, 3.6.0) which have all been focussed on trying to get that firmware to work as it should. Are you really arguing with me on the fact that if VoLTE wasn't introduced, this time couldn't have been spent on solving these bugs instead of solving that one firmware issue which shouldn't have been there in the first place?

Lastly. I know OnePlus has found a new market to tap into by dumping the OP2 in India and I know India is a fast-growing market. That doesn't mean people from India should start behaving like toddlers on forums, creating thread after thread just to get what they want. These devices were sold on a global scale and OnePlus should realize that they should care for that global target market and not give one part of it what they want. Also people from India could show some solidarity instead of just trying to get what they want and is important to them and they could start trying to follow forum guidelines instead of creating duplicate threads to (again) get their way.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017

BezyB likes this.