After the launch of Oppo F7 with Helio P 60 , one plus should also come with MediaTek Helio P60?

1. BeingIncog
    Nougat May 11, 2018

BeingIncog , May 11, 2018 :
    false, it's SD 636! not 625!

2. G_Sai_Raina_syku
    Jelly Bean May 11, 2018

BeingIncog likes this.
  3. BhavinRajput
    Cupcake May 12, 2018

BhavinRajput , May 12, 2018 :
    I guess they started it, Pioneered it

4. G_Sai_Raina_syku
    Jelly Bean May 12, 2018

G_Sai_Raina_syku , May 12, 2018 :
    Its not about who started it. if the snapdragon offers dual 4g volte support why should we go for the P60 then.
    Nothing wrong with P60 but i dont think OnePlus will use it since the 800 series snapdragon is way superior in every possible way but yeah P60 is a really good replacement for the 636/660 soc.
    The only thing which it lacks is that snapdragon has better optimized apps for it's soc in comparison to mediatek.

5. RoshithChandran
    Eclair May 12, 2018

RoshithChandran , May 12, 2018 :
    I still am wondering, what is the point of this thread? Everyone here seems to be quite happy with Snapdragon and I guess I have given u more than ample technical reasons why Mediatek, isn't a good option, in it's present form.

We are not looking at short term performance for money, but long term support and ability to customise. Mediatek may be a good chip, but they have a different focus. They prefer value for money chips, and believe in moving on to future generations without supporting older chips.

Even with Snapdragon, people are complaining of not getting updates, the very day Google announces a beta of next edition of Android. How are we going to deal with that when u have Helios with proprietary kernal codes, which they do not publish openly?

6. SambitKMohanty
    Eclair May 12, 2018

SambitKMohanty , May 12, 2018 :
    NOOOOO! Just wait for the Snapdragon 845…You will be glad Oneplus went with the Snapdragon instead of the Mediatek.

7. AnubhavVandkar
    Honeycomb May 12, 2018

AnubhavVandkar , May 12, 2018 :
    sources. And not singular

8. BhavinRajput
    Cupcake May 15, 2018

BhavinRajput , May 15, 2018 :
    I think they do give their source code. The OEM's do not let them out. Also, the point of this thread was to show that the times have changed. I guess all are just preaching the dead brand, Qualcomm.