After waiting for more than a month - I PURCHASED OPT invite

1. irsgul
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2015

irsgul , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I understand ur feeling. And i feel sad about ur invite purchase.

Any way congratulations for the op2.
    And please remember me when u get invite.

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2015

Bartnl , Sep 7, 2015 :
    That's the market. No one forbids you to sell an invite.
    But only the India invites are free to sell as they are not linked to an e-mail/account.
    The invites in all other countries are linked and can only be used through that particular account.
    So if you buy an invite you also need the account codes from that person.

3. Mewwick
    Froyo Sep 7, 2015

4. oaarun
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2015

5. algorithmSE
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2015

algorithmSE , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Why "only the India [sic] invites are free to sell as they are not linked to an e-mail/account"?

6. VISHNU PRASAD
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

7. PRADEEP KUMAR NAIK
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2015

PRADEEP KUMAR NAIK , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Here I am quoting Monopoly of a seller or manufacturer. Generally in market demand and supply drive the price. But in monopolistic market, seller can apply his monopoly by selling the product in different rate to different purchaser. He can discriminate the rate to different purchaser.

8. Bartnl
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2015

Bartnl , Sep 7, 2015 :
    I read somewhere, in a statement of OP, that they made this decision because India wasn't included in the original release of the OPO. To give the Indian residents a fair change to buy the OPT, they have implemented the original invite system, as used with the release of the OPO, in India for the OPT.

With the original release of the OPO, invites could be sold worldwide as they were not e-mail inked.
    To avoid black market sales they made the invites like they are now (except for India and China)

But if you want to know for sure maybe you should contact a mod or OP.

algorithmSE likes this.
  9. csabreu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2015

csabreu , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Congrats you achieved the pinnacle of consumerism... paying for the privilege of paying. It's just a phone and not a very good one like it's predecessor was.

10. prateek927

11. alandarling
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015

12. alex inthi

local.desktop and pgidia like this.
  13. larenagius
    Donut Sep 7, 2015

14. Jacqueline Edson
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2015

Jacqueline Edson , Sep 7, 2015 :
    We work hard for things that are worth it.
    I know OPT has a little bit of a process until you get the phone, you knew that too from the very beginning, why give up along the way?
    I don't know about y'all but I am all in... so that when i finally get my OPT, i know i earned it.

15. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 7, 2015

Ashwith , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Happy to know that you will receive the OP2. But I don’t believe in End Justifying the means buddy. Best not to encourage the ones who are looking at every opportunity for making money. All the best. Cheers!

16. abhinavinc
    Froyo Sep 7, 2015

abhinavinc , Sep 7, 2015 :
    if you're getting an invite or a phone by paying INR 3k or $50 and u really want the phone, life is too short to give a second thought. just get the phone on olx/classifieds and be done with it. Its better than sitting around all day and refreshing mails for invites!
    My 2 cents

17. local.desktop
    Donut Sep 7, 2015

local.desktop , Sep 7, 2015 :
    True. I was frustrated with the invite system as it has no transparency. I'm feeling relaxed now that my order from amazon has been dispatched.

18. girish388
    Froyo Sep 7, 2015

19. Vandy0004
    Eclair Sep 7, 2015

20. Acketom
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2015