Again NO VoLTE support

1. deb1806
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

deb1806 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    VoLTE support ignored on OOS 3.1.0 . [​IMG]
    They are already late with the update and also it's an incomplete update.

Attached Files:

FRANCISVIMAL likes this.
  2. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

Pahapoika91 likes this.
  3. parsa5
    Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2016

parsa5 , Aug 23, 2016 :
    This. It was never advertised and it is much more involved than you think. It requires carrier support for virtually every carrier. I don't think the OPX will ever get it regardless of what support chat tells you. Those guys know nothing.

4. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

VirtuosoLoki , Aug 23, 2016 :

Exactly. Same goes for OPO and OPT. You can't ask for a feature that was never there, and get mad for not getting a feature that was never intended to be there.

Anand_Nair likes this.
  5. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

sumantamca , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Vo-Lte was the most expected features from Indian OPX users. N number of peoples are asking for Vo-Lte support.
    Carrier aggregation is required for this and I do agree with you. OnePlus 3 do support Vo-Lte. You can enjoy JIO HD voice call in OP3. So they need collaboration between OPX and OP3 development team to port the same for rest of devices. IMS handshake was already been done between JIO and OnePlus. Problem is in the business mentality, only they wanted to promote their current flagship OP3.

shiv.rajput, deb1806 and Ceasedd like this.
  6. deb1806
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

deb1806 , Aug 23, 2016 :

I completely agree wid u on dis

7. keenanjf
    Froyo Aug 23, 2016

keenanjf , Aug 23, 2016 :
    What's so special about VoLTE? Why can't you just use skype? In Canada, I've never heard of carriers advertising VoLTE, but a quick google search suggests that most of them support it. And like others' have said, this phone was never advertised to work with VoLTE.

8. Tiongkia
    Froyo Aug 23, 2016

Tiongkia , Aug 23, 2016 :
    Plus 1 from Singapore.

I believe its a huge thing in India. I also noticed a lot of VoLTE questions from friends from India too.

lalit.kultham likes this.
  9. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 23, 2016

sumantamca , Aug 23, 2016 :
    In India Reliance Jio is having 4G only network. To make/receive voice call you need VOLTE. Jio network is not using circuit switch fallback mechanism(CSFB) for voice call like other operators did.

Please don't mix VOLTE with VOIP. Both are different technologies. VOLTE is a part of Advanced LTE, next gen voice over IP telephony using IMS. From Skype to make phone call you have to purchase Skype credit.

Main purpose of a mobile phone is telephony on the move. How a person can dial Skype id/number from a feature phone or landline.

Jio is also offering 3months unlimited access to their services(unlimited call, data, sms, apps) free of cost as a pre release beta testing offer.

After all VoLTE is a must to use JIO voice telephony service in India.

Here is the Wikipedia link about JIO.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jio

That is the reason why Indian peoples are asking for VOLTE.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016

Anand_Nair, Soundhar and fozy.rafique like this.
  10. keenanjf
    Froyo Aug 23, 2016

keenanjf , Aug 23, 2016 :
    So is JIO a carrier or a framework? Because if it's a carrier, then you probably have to chose another. Running on 4G alone is a ridiculous idea anyway given the spotty service of 4G networks.

11. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2016

RJ Murdok , Aug 23, 2016 :
    They physically can't. Hardware doesn't support it

ImWajeed likes this.
  12. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

sumantamca , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Reliance Jio is a carrier. I am not agree with you that 'Running on 4G alone is a ridiculous idea'. Jio network is one of of the best network in the world in terms of technology, infrastructure and coverage. They are having Pan India 4g licence and very good coverage. Their network is eco friendly and brand new, no legacy. Their network can easily migrated to 5G easily with very less effort.

Mr.Mukesh Ambani own the RIL JIO and invested Rs.1.5 trillion to build this infrastructure.. Please do read the above wiki link to know more about Jio.

13. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

OnePlus replied in one of post that they will patch their OS to support VOLTE. Sd801 do support VOLTE and x2 level carrier aggregation. Problem is only from software side that Oxygen OS is not supported(except op3).

14. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2016

RJ Murdok , Aug 24, 2016 :
    No. They told you wrong. The AA model of the 801 does not support Volta hence Sultan disabled it altogether. Why? No voice encoding. The AC and AB models do however.

ImWajeed likes this.
  15. acharyarev
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 24, 2016

acharyarev , Aug 24, 2016 :
    No its freaking awesome network. I can get in most remote location even where 2g network ain't available

16. keenanjf
    Froyo Aug 24, 2016

keenanjf , Aug 24, 2016 :
    That's great, but as others have said, this phone can't possibly support the VoLTE standard because of the hardware limitations. You can't implement it in software, so threads like these are kind of pointless. So your only option now is to switch carriers, or use a phone that does comply with your carrier.

So i'm not sure how the cellular infrastructure is implemented in India, but here in Canada, 4G/LTE gets spotty in rural areas, and therefore having 4G alongside 3G is important as 3G is available Canada-wide. That's why I said that running on a 4G network only was a bad idea. Implementing 4G in Canada is far more expensive, and therefore it's only available in cities and surrounding areas, since everything here is regulated.

Here's what 4G LTE on my network looks like
    [​IMG]

17. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

Hi,
    All OnePlus devices till date do support Vo-Lte. @OnePlus_Support already confirmed that. Even QUALCOMM said SD801 has the capability to support Vo-LTE. Only the IMS support is missing from software side. Here is the @Helen comment -

“We are working with Reliance Jio right now on VoLTE support. Will update you all once we have a more concrete timeline worked out.”

indian_sumit and shiv.rajput like this.
  18. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

It's not all about advertisement. It's a part of customer support. Sony, Moto, Samsung, LG already provided software patch to enable Vo-LTE.

19. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Aug 24, 2016

Dchrono , Aug 24, 2016 :
    Qualcomm

Scroll down a ways, seems like the hardware does support it.

Edit: the link I'm trying to provide keeps being redirected to 801 snapdragon page, search on their site " one plus x" they say the X does support VOLTE

This is the link

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

20. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Aug 24, 2016

Hi,
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AA SOC do support HD Voice over 3G and VoLTE. @Helen already stated that they are working on JIO Vo-Lte patch.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapd...announces-x-powerful-and-beautiful-smartphone

"Despite its simple aesthetic, the OnePlus X packs a powerful punch. An impressive 8-megapixel front-facing camera comes with a Beauty Mode for taking great selfies, and a 13-megapixel rear camera swiftly focuses on subjects in 0.2 seconds, thanks to Phase Detection Auto Focus technology. Shoot 4K Ultra HD video and then share your videos from your smartphone to your Ultra HD TV through 1080-pixel Miracast technology. 4G LTE Category 4 support and VoLTE support help you stay connected without compromising call quality, and dual-SIM dual-standby capabilities let you switch between two SIM cards, useful for work or when you’re traveling. 3GB of RAM, a microSD slot, and Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) software are all built into the phone."

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016