Air bubbles under OnePlus 5 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector Black

1. U1511274371208
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

U1511274371208 , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Any tips on how to get the air bubbles out from under the tempered glass screen protector? Using the plastic thing does not work. I can slide the bubbles to the sides but they come back once i relieve the pressure. Some big bubbles along the sides and some smaller ones in the middle.

Heat or pressure under a long time?

2. sgurjeet99
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2017

sgurjeet99 , Dec 11, 2017 :
    I would recommend reapplying as shown in a video posted on YouTube by oneplus, ie : from top to bottom and using squeegee.

G_avtar_singh_KNES likes this.
  3. G_Craig_Lamble_MvOr
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

G_Craig_Lamble_MvOr , Dec 11, 2017 :
    The quality of the screen protectors is not up to much, especially for the high price.

I applied very carefully in a dust free room, perfectly clean screen and still had air bubbles despite using a squeegee.

Customer service as always, were extremely unhelpful didn't want to know and wouldn't supply a replacement.

I ordered some off Amazon, two screen protectors for £10, both as good as the one plus variants and this one installed without issue.

One plus customer service is so poor it actually makes me want to return the phone and buy a Pixel 2 haha.

4. tommy_riley
    Donut Dec 12, 2017

tommy_riley , Dec 12, 2017 :
    My first official Oneplus screen protector for the 5T was defective - all four corners would not stay down, regardless of how much I pressed on them with the squeegee or my fingers - or if I had a case on or not. I sent an RMA (return) request to OnePlus support team along with a photo. They responded and asked for a short video of me trying to get the corners to stay down. I did so, and they promptly sent me a new screen protector with priority shipping, for free.

The second screen protector went on perfectly with no corners lifting up. Every few days a smallish bubble may appear randomly near on of the corners, but I can push it out with my thumb easily and it's fine for another few days.

The first one I got was obviously defective - there may not be the best quality control going on with the protectors or maybe the first batch was bad or something.

5. U1511274371208
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

U1511274371208 , Dec 12, 2017 :
    already done. Doesn't work.

6. thetaguru
    Froyo Dec 12, 2017

thetaguru , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I had a couple bubbles after I applied that I could not push out and they disappeared a day later after letting it settle.

7. bedobela
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

bedobela , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I also managed to get the air bubbles out after a few minutes of settling. My main issue though is that the screen does not react well to it. I constantly have to press the home button or try to get to my quick settings several time before actually managing to successfully get a touch registered... Otherwise it looks perfect, I have applied it according to the video but still, the thickness is exaggerated in my opinion. It also cuts off a pretty big part of the side bezels and if you look at the screen from the side, you can see that the screen protector is so raised that you don't see a few rows of pixels on the side.

Mechembuchus likes this.
  8. coolsan14
    Eclair Dec 14, 2017

coolsan14 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    I'm facing same issues with jus too many bubbles on my phone, jus a day over, and it started wit more microbubbles, I gues its due to adhesive problem they using on tempered glass, have applied for the replacement, hopefully they ll consider,... Anyone else has same issues?
    1513257579462.jpg

1513257579545.jpg

9. Gautam67
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

Gautam67 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    why do you need a tempered glass.? gorilla glass 5 is better than tempered glass.

10. official.avtar
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

11. coolsan14
    Eclair Dec 19, 2017

coolsan14 , Dec 19, 2017 :
    Thanks for suggesting, I jus gt replaced the 5t tempered glass brand new by one plus care, and it's jus fits perfect n no bubbles at ol

tommy_riley likes this.
  12. G_Justin_Gindin_zONf
    Froyo Dec 19, 2017

G_Justin_Gindin_zONf , Dec 19, 2017 :
    Dude...I can see all the trash under the protector... The screen needs to be 100% clean. Thats why they give you the sticky tape, to lift off the dust. I like to apply mine in the bathroom with the shower running hot. The steam will keep the dust down.

The pictures you posted show an improperly installed screen protector. You need to try to lift it off, get all the dust off the screen and off the back of the protector, and re-apply.

I have one bubble that will show up in the lower left corner every few days. I just give it a quick press, and its gone. I also got it off center by just a tiny bit. I attribute my issues to that. Otherwise I like the protector. Seems to work fine as far as sensitivity goes.

Mechembuchus likes this.
  13. sama631
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2017

sama631 , Dec 19, 2017 :
    I never had problem with bubble, although had to reapply it a few times, but now I feel the screen is not as clear it always looks dirty no matter how much i clean it, anyone feeling same?

14. G_Adam_“Edamski”_Roberts
    Donut Dec 19, 2017

G_Adam_“Edamski”_Roberts , Dec 19, 2017 :
    I had this when I applied the screen protector, thought I'd got some dust under it.

I had two small ones in the middle and a large uplift on the edge.

I left it a day or so, persisted to remove the small ones from the centre and once I removed then (using my fingers) and the big one sat down then.

15. vinaysharma76
    Eclair Dec 21, 2017

vinaysharma76 , Dec 21, 2017 :
    I applied Oneplus tampered glass on my OP5t but I am feeling touch is not smooths as before and quality is also not good. Air bubbles keep coming and going randomly. disappointed quality for given price

OPToxic likes this.