Airpods Pro - Lower volume on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. BigAlHuse
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019

BigAlHuse , Oct 31, 2019 :
    Hello,

I just purchased some Apple Airpods Pro version. Does anyone know how to get the volume to Max volume? I have the volume all the way up and it seems like it's at 65% volume. I have tried numerous things that the internet suggested for previous Airpod generations, but nothing has worked. My wife has an iPhone so I was able to compare the buds on both the iPhone and OnePlus 7 Pro. Of course they sounded great when connected to an iPhone. I may need to return them if I can't get them to work to their full potential.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Al

2. sahirhussain
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2019

Best Answer

3. R1574332557122
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

G_Tim_Müller_muAm likes this.
  4. sk.c0d3
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

5. G_Tim_Müller_muAm
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2019

G_Tim_Müller_muAm , Dec 23, 2019 :
    Same here.
    After the Update to Oxygen 10.0.3GM21BA my AirPods don't work like they used to. Everything is quiet. The last update (before 10.0.3) fixed this issue and now its back...
    And yes, I have changed the developer settings.

C1574294628504 likes this.
  6. Adityakhetarpal
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

7. O1579199139557
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

8. kreatinas
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2020

kreatinas , Jan 16, 2020 :
    Here's is my research regarding this issue. Not sure about 10.x.x versions, but I found this problem since I upgraded OxygenOS to 9.5.11. I didn't even tried to update it to 10.x.x, because I read a lot of posts in this community that the Bluetooth is completely ruined in 10.x.x, so I decided to stay with 9.x.x The volume in 9.5.11 while listening through Bluetooth is very attenuated compared to what it was in 9.5.7 and compared to other devices like iPhone or MacBook Pro. I did a comparison on my scope using the same Bluetooth hardware and here're the results:

While using MacBook or iPhone as a source for Bluetooth audio device I can output 6.00 Vpp and 2.08 Vrms from 1kHz source
    [​IMG]

Doing the same on my One Plus 7 Pro I can only output 3.80Vpp and 1.3Vrms! That's insane difference!
    [​IMG]

And no, Disabling/Enabling "Absolute volume" setting doesn't help either, since I get the same measurements no matter it's Enabled or Disabled. I'm tired of all this BS, there is no such update when One Plus do not destroy something in the core functionality of their phones.

Right now I see no other option than downgrading to 9.5.7 if you still on 9.x.x

MTakashi and sk.c0d3 like this.
  9. alexanderairkeys
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2020

alexanderairkeys , Jan 25, 2020 :

Amazing work, Dude.

Any Ideas what we can do to push those results to Oneplus?

I think they can't ignore those facts any further.

10. kreatinas
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2020

kreatinas , Feb 3, 2020 :
    They already contacted me regarding this and asked me for the logs, so I'll try to send everything they need by end of the day and we'll see if they will address this issue in the future updates.

11. Karandeep Singh Chilotra
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2020

Karandeep Singh Chilotra , Feb 17, 2020 :
    So I've been using a one plus 6t and Airpods 2nd gen for past 1 year and I've faced this problem 3 times with it!

every time I connected to an iPhone it's volume dropped drastically on my phone! same 50-65% of max volune.

every time I went to apple store and told them about it, they replaced my Airpods and I was good to go!

But I recently shifted to One plus 7 pro and this stopped happening I could connect it to any iPhone and it still worked perfectly fine with my one plus 7 pro.

so I thought it was a glitch in software and upgrading to Android 10 solved it.

untill yesterday when I paired it with an iPhone xs that was running on iOS 12, and boom the same problem came up;

having faced this issue multiple times I am convinced that it is IOS 12 that messes up the frequency and not Android 9/10 they work perfectly fine.

and yes, disabling the absolute volume in developer options works perfectly in most senarios.

if it not head up to an apple store, get it changed.

because honestly no other earbuds in the market now as good and convenient as Airpods.

I hope this will help some fellow one plus users to deal with this issue

12. Karandeep Singh Chilotra
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2020

Karandeep Singh Chilotra , Feb 17, 2020 :
    it's not a glitch of Android 9/10.

it happens when you connect your Airpods to ios 12/ lower

they have fixed it with iOS 13.

13. kreatinas
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

kreatinas , Feb 20, 2020 :
    I'm talking about OxygenOS 9.x.x and OnePlus 7 Pro here, so neither iOS nor Airpods have anything do with it.. I performed this test using multiple other Bluetooth devices..

14. vinayakguleri
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2020

vinayakguleri , Mar 6, 2020 :
    please redo the rectification which was done for Airpods in the last update... this latest update has lost the Airpods Volume correction again.

really low volume again on Airpods...

15. alexanderairkeys
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2020

alexanderairkeys , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Same here again. I can do whatever I want, especially the Mic is very low on Volume.

Anoybody else facing this again?

16. kreatinas
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2020

kreatinas , Apr 18, 2020 :
    I've been living with this ever since. Very disappointed with OnePlus, since I still have to use my old iPhone 7 for listening to music in my car.

17. alexanderairkeys
    Cupcake May 31, 2020 at 1:51 PM

alexanderairkeys , May 31, 2020 at 1:51 PM :
    Kreatinas, have you heard something from Oneplus since you gave them your logs?

18. MTakashi
    Cupcake May 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM

MTakashi , May 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM :

Re: statement on there being no other earbuds in the market just as convenient as Airpods: man, iono. I could make the argument for my Jabra Elite 6T.