Airtel 4G is not working with JIO 4G in oneplus 3t - india - Please send OTA Update to reslove

1. manishsmcet
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

manishsmcet , Jan 13, 2017 :
    i have order my oneplus 3T on 12 Dec 2016 and i received it on 19 Dec 2016..i have inserted other sim..one is jio sim and the other is airtel...the problem i'm facing that i'm not able to use data services from airtel 4g...i have jio sim in slot 1 and airtel in sim slot 2...so i'm able to use jio 4g but when i switch data to airtel then the network of both the sims lost and they not work..and when someone is trying to call on any of them then it says the sim is switch off...and i thought that only sim slot 1 is 4g supportable so i changed the sim cards but still having same issue...and if i change data to the former one then the network on 2nd sim doesn't come upto when I deactivate the sim and again reactivate it...in sim card manager

F_Arun_Leo_GDpF likes this.
  2. djolly
    Froyo Jan 13, 2017

3. F_Arun_Leo_GDpF
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

4. PrudhviRajPlus
    Froyo Jan 13, 2017

5. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Jan 13, 2017

saikiran4ever , Jan 13, 2017 :
    Did both sims have signal when jio was the data sim?
    If yes, tell us the signal type and strength of Airtel (Settings > About Phone > Status > sim Status > Airtel)

6. manishsmcet
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2017

manishsmcet , Jan 14, 2017 :
    no when i use jio as data sim the airtel 4g signal goes off.
    and when i use airtel and vodafone sim together ,both the vodafone and airtel signal are stable,
    i think there is a bug between jio and airtel ..........

i also report this case in oneplus service center. they are following up with oneplus for bug

handset is ok....check..

i kind of solution plz share

7. Maheek
    Froyo Jan 14, 2017

Maheek , Jan 14, 2017 :
    I am facing the same problem, but with Vodafone
    I have posted that on thread and i have got response from oneplus team i had words with him in pm ( u can check my thread in my profile)

8. arpitvkarma
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2017

arpitvkarma , Jan 14, 2017 :
    That is a common problem with my moto g4, oneplus 3t and moto x. I can understand for jio as it is a 4g only (only Internet based) service provider so If u switch data to any other network it can not work but Airtel should work if jio's data is on if only they have not switched to 4g only.

Mohamed Ramlan likes this.
  9. Mohit_47
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2017

Enduser1992 likes this.
  10. prashanth.s29
    Eclair Jan 14, 2017

11. SAI320
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017

SAI320 , Jan 14, 2017 :
    better to remove Jio4g. you won't get any problem... remove SIM and clear cache. will fix

12. dr.arun jain
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2017

13. itsbhanusharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2017

itsbhanusharma , Jan 14, 2017 :
    First off, Both Sim Slots support 4G bands but Only One can be kept on 4G at a time so I'd Suggest keeping Jio on 4G because it has no coverage on 3G/2G so it will lose signal as soon as You switch data to other sim.

Now, about airtel losing signal, You should do the following:
    In the Settings > Sim & Network, there will be a network mode option which may switch itself to 2G when You switch data to Airtel because it recognises Jio as primary data Sim by default.

You should switch it to 4G/3G/2G (Recommended) option and Your airtel 4G shall be good to go. You just need to do it once, it will remember that You use both sims for data.

14. itsbhanusharma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2017

itsbhanusharma , Jan 14, 2017 :
    If Device Supports VoLTE and You are not Explicitly using 4G Data on other sim, Jio should be available for calling and SMS.

15. Darshan Rao
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2017

16. manishsmcet
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2017

manishsmcet , Jan 14, 2017 :
    kindly send direct link of that solution

17. Devanshumb
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

Devanshumb , Jul 7, 2017 :
    I am facing the same issue with My OnePlus 3T, I am unable to receive 4G VoLTE Signals for Airtel. I am using Airtel 4G Sim in Sim1 Slot & Jio Sim in Sim2 Slot. Jio Sim is getting good reception of 4G VoLTE Signals.

I have restored the Network Settings to Default, swapped both the Sims in Sim1 to Sim2, complained to Airtel, removed Jio Sim every possible solution I have read on this forum. I think there is some issue with Handset, earlier I was getting good Airtel 4G Signals.