Working Alarm can be killed?

1. PrakarshX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

PrakarshX , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I am paranoid that my Google clock app will be killed in the background. I am not using the stock clock app solely because you can't set default alarm tone on it. Is it possible my alarm will not ring at all because app was killed in background???

2. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Sep 29, 2019

Sun90 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Hello and welcome to OnePlus community.

It could be,since OnePlus background app process kill is a bit more aggressively done for now.
    You may remove Google clock app from battery optimization and check.

3. PrakarshX
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

PrakarshX , Sep 29, 2019 :
    sorry didn't mean to put in starting point can you shift it to OnePlus 6/6t forum? also thx for the response

4. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Sep 29, 2019

stark2991_PL , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Best way to check it would be using both of them for some time. Set the alarm for a few minutes later in a OnePlus clock app. This will prevent you from oversleeping.
    Unfortunately, I have to say that almost two years ago, I overslept because I was using the Google's clock app and it didn't work. System has just killed the app. It seems that system apps are less likely to be killed and the stock clock app had never failed me. I don't know if anything has changed till now.
    And small advice regarding stock app - don't delete your alarms. Edit them. You won't have to set its properties every time.