Alarm doesn't ring

1. Jaylouz
    Froyo Jul 17, 2019

Jaylouz , Jul 17, 2019 :
    So I have encountered an issue a couple times where my alarm doesn't sound or ring at all. This has caused me to sleeping for too long and being late. I checked everything, my alarms (multiple) where all set and ready to go. I then noticed something had muted my alarm sound volume. I have no idea what caused the phone to turn off all alarm volume but I can't figure it out. I tried putting my phone into Do Not Disturb, Silent mode, turning off all alarms but nothing muted my alarms. What did I do to cause it? This happened me once this week and has happened a few times before. It happens all of a sudden and is really annoying having to blame your phone for muting your alarm without you intending to.

Y1562608583827 likes this.
  2. Jaylouz
    Froyo Jul 30, 2019

Jaylouz , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Yet another issue with the stock alarm clock app. Recently posted about how the phone somehow muted my alarm volume so that I missed my alarm. Now my alarms don't ring at all, or just sometimes. They don't ring when the screen is off, which is the most important. They only ring if I'm on my phone in the clock app, and sometimes it doesn't even ring then. It's is so unreliable and hard trust. Can I do something to reset the app or solve the issue around my alarms not ringing at all? Or of there is a good alternative app.

P1558107620357 likes this.
  3. vipulmehta_
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2019

4. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 10, 2019

Horsault , Aug 10, 2019 :
    No need to open a duplicate thread. Please read again forum rules.
    Merged into your existing thread.

Starcommander likes this.
  5. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 10, 2019

Horsault , Aug 10, 2019 :

Alarms are supposed to ring even if phone is switched off (it will wake up before).
    I'll suggest you look at your other installed apps, as some were known to interfere with alarm symbol in status bar (like an automatic backup setup timer).
    You may also have a look on the battery optimization side.

Starcommander likes this.
  6. Madieu
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

Madieu , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Hi,
    Same Issue here, phone sometimes doesn't rign. Thought it was the Do not disturb mode, but it has already happened without it enabled.