Other Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones Folder

1. IanWongKH
    Eclair Dec 5, 2018

IanWongKH , Dec 5, 2018 :
    The system does not make use of the Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones folders like the other Android devices.
    Files put inside there won't show up in the Ringtone/Notification sound listing.
    They will be show in "local" selection but that will also shows ALL songs in the system.
    "partial" option help a bit but not completely helpful.

This makes the ringtone selection very annoying.

Is there any plan to "fix" this?
    I really don't think it is that hard to be fixed.... as a former app developer myself....
    Just lock the ringtone listing to specific folder(s) only.

SAMSUNGCAMERA1SAPOS likes this.
  2. IanWongKH
    Eclair Dec 5, 2018

IanWongKH , Dec 5, 2018 :
    Why are replying me with your own issue??

3. IanWongKH
    Eclair Dec 5, 2018

4. IanWongKH
    Eclair Dec 7, 2018

IanWongKH , Dec 7, 2018 :
    Answer to my own question.

Just ignore the given "Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones" folders at the root folder.
    Create a "Media" folder and put all "Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones" folder into "Media" folder.
    This is the Android's original(official) way for putting Alarms/Notifications/Ringtones files.
    You do that, the clips you put inside will be shown at the top of the "local" listing, tough they were all shown neglecting they are alarm, notification or ringtone.
    Not the best solution but acceptable for me.... given that Oneplus seems has no intention to acknowledge or fix the issue.

5. barpappan
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018

barpappan , Dec 7, 2018 :
    Hi,
    thanks for the tip.
    Do you create the Media folder in root or as a sub folder?

6. IanWongKH
    Eclair Dec 7, 2018

IanWongKH , Dec 7, 2018 :
    Just the top folder that you can access normally.

Not the "root" which root right to access.

barpappan likes this.
  7. DannyBiker
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

DannyBiker , Feb 15, 2019 :
    This does not work for me, I still don't see the custom ringtones, alarms or notifications from the folders. It's like Oxygen OS implements its own version of the service that does not care about these folders or in a very random way.

If I get access to the Android implementation of the service, like selecting the notification sound from the "Nine" application for instance, I then retrieve the stocks notifications sounds AND the sounds I copied in the "media/Notifications" folder. So it's a OxygenOS poor implementation.

8. OzMaestro
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2019

OzMaestro , Mar 30, 2019 :

I'm new to OnePlus, and just setting up my new phone. It's running Oxygen OP6_o2_BETA_15 (PIE version) and I came across the same issue.

All I had to do was drop the MP3 files into existing Alerts/Ringtones folders and then under settings for each one, click on the "local ring tone" and chose the file I copied over.

All good!

9. beneth
    Cupcake Mar 29, 2021

beneth , Mar 29, 2021 :
    It seems that for custom notifications, a simple WAV file format is not supported. Why is that ?
    Why do we need to compressed custom notification in a format that will need extra decoding (even very quickly) ?
    This is a regression in comparison to plain Android AOSP behavior…