OxygenOS Alert slider do not disturb

1. lemming3k
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2019

lemming3k , Jan 30, 2019 :
    What happened to the do not disturb mode on the alert slider? With the latest update now I just have 'vibrate' and have to keep manually unlocking my phone and setting/unsetting DND.

2. trandaa
    Froyo Jan 30, 2019

trandaa , Jan 30, 2019 :
    You can use the Silent option. It's similar to DND (no sounds, no vibrations)
    Cheers

3. lemming3k
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

lemming3k , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Thanks, although it's not quite the same as there's no option to allow certain numbers/alerts through. I don't understand why it has been changed or why it isn't an option to switch it back? I'm sure a lot of people were using the DND option on the slider.

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Jan 31, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    It was changed because the community wanted it the way it is now. There was a public vote some time ago and this is what we want now. So unfortunately you are going to have to live with it.

Also this has been asked and answered recently. Try searching before opening up a new thread.

5. Cornpuff001
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

Cornpuff001 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    No need to be snarky. Where would they have held the vote and how were people notified? If you want to be so helpful, why not include the link to where the last discussion was?

6. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2019

CosmoKramer70 , Jun 14, 2019 :
    Learn to search it was a big thing for almost a year...

7. Rashrock10
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2019

Rashrock10 , Jul 30, 2019 :
    I totally agree - They should give option off adding DND to alert slider. Infact enabling DND thru alert slider was one of my favorite feature in Onleplus. Anyone who is running into meeting frequently will understand the importance of having this feature handy on Alert Slider.

TheBauwssss likes this.
  8. TheBauwssss
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

TheBauwssss , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I loved this feature too. Just upgraded my phone (3T) Yo Android Pie 9.0 and there is Just sadness. The split volume is GONE. Adjusting call/timer volume takes almost 6 taps now. Activating do not disturb is even worse. Thank god I am rooted with Magisk and Xposed so I am hoping to find a module that will fix these two glaring issues.

9. altayevrim
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM

altayevrim , Sep 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM :
    silent is good but DND helps us to get notifications from the ones who we want and prevent the distractions from the others.
    the one problem is, why there is no option for us to change it? the way we like?

10. pawel.badenski
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2019 at 7:50 AM

pawel.badenski , Sep 18, 2019 at 7:50 AM :
    Not quite sure why people may voted this, as I find this revert absolute nightmare. Not being able to whitelist people in "Silent" mode is off-putting to me enough to consider buying a different brand (and I've been loyal to OnePlus for many many years).

I don't know what world do people live in - I still need to be able get emergency calls from my fiancee, my family (and some times alerts from my work) regardless how much I want my phone to be "Silent" and this is currently not possible to configure. To me that renders this feature useless and using it is a liability right now. OnePlus as a company should know better regardless of what the community votes for - community is one demographic and very likely small percentage of actual phone users.

Anyhow, regardless of my rant - I assume there was a good reason others had to ask for this. Then this should and needs to be configurable. That would make the best of all worlds.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:02 AM