Alert Slider... Just got worse

1. Maximilian_Z Froyo Jan 31, 2018

Maximilian_Z, Jan 31, 2018 :
    So... I don't know why, but ONEPLUS should be aware of this problem, yet they haven't changed a thing...

Down and Top Position is fine... Sound is a good Profile and silent is a good Profile.
    The only thing that is a pain in the a** is the DND Profile.
    Why can't this be a "copy" of the silent Profile with Vibration?

I just want

Sound
    Vibrate
    Silent

I dont need DND, like 95% of the people owning a OP Phone.
    PLEASE FIX THIS

Let us configure our OWN profiles for EVERY slider Position, or at least remove DND and give us a copy of silent so we can have 1 with vibrate and 1 without vibrate!

2. Maximilian_Z Froyo Jan 31, 2018

So... I don't know why, but ONEPLUS should be aware of this problem, yet they haven't changed a thing...

Down and Top Position is fine... Sound is a good Profile and silent is a good Profile.
    The only thing that is a pain in the a** is the DND Profile.
    Why can't this be a "copy" of the silent Profile with Vibration?

I just want

Sound
    Vibrate
    Silent

I dont need DND, like 95% of the people owning a OP Phone.
    PLEASE FIX THIS

Let us configure our OWN profiles for EVERY slider Position, or at least remove DND and give us a copy of silent so we can have 1 with vibrate and 1 without vibrate!

98aas and pruben like this.
  3. F_Martin_Jakobsen_eRgY Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2018

4. MentalDraco Lollipop Jan 31, 2018

MentalDraco, Jan 31, 2018 :
    You can set DND to be the silent with no vibration and silent with vibration right? So what's the prob?

5. garpunkal Eclair Jan 31, 2018

garpunkal, Jan 31, 2018 :
    if they ditched DND on the slider for vibrate, we could have auto scheduling DND like stock android

6. stark2991_PL KitKat Jan 31, 2018

stark2991_PL, Jan 31, 2018 :
    How?

7. jonathanlyng Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2018

jonathanlyng, Jan 31, 2018 :
    I use DND a lot and not as specific recurring times ,so the time based switch wouldn't be of much use to me .But I think they should include it for you and others, It doesn't seem to be impossible to do either, you just need to blank out and restore the buffer devoted to each position and to the chosen timetables each time you move the switch.

8. Maximilian_Z Froyo Jan 31, 2018

MentalDraco

You can set DND to be the silent with no vibration and silent with vibration right? So what's the prob?​

No you cant because they completely f*cked DND with the oreo Update.
    Now EVERY freakin Sound is loud.
    WhatsApp shutter? Sound. Camera shutter? Sound.
    Send a message? Sound.

DND is so useless and non the less that's not how it should be...
    Do we really have to use workarounds instead of a good Software Integration?!

9. 98aas Cupcake Feb 1, 2018

98aas, Feb 1, 2018 :
    Agree, would love to be able to completely customize all three profiles myself

stark2991_PL likes this.
  10. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 1, 2018

pablofg1978, Feb 1, 2018 :
    Threads merged, please do not open duplicate threads

11. marusaklemenc Froyo Feb 1, 2018

marusaklemenc, Feb 1, 2018 :
    I agree that Alert Slider is a super idea, but has to be changed. In almost 99% cases, I just want DND (Do Not Disturb). At the moment, if I put slider up, it will still use Alarm sound. Why a hell?
    So this should be customized or default behavior should be DND.

12. sal82 Gingerbread Feb 1, 2018

sal82, Feb 1, 2018 :
    silent is for nothing but alarms. DND is for when you use the phone and don't wanna be disturbed

you can customize this in the settings.

13. PramodNarendra Honeycomb Feb 1, 2018

PramodNarendra, Feb 1, 2018 :
    Dude.if u don't want DND means don't tell none of them wants DND.Coz DND is very useful sometimes.I use it regularly.In that only my family members r notified..Rest of others r not notified.If there's any emergency means u have an option to turn on repeat caller in which u cannot do in silent mode.So think before u create threads.They won't give it simply to waste our money.There will be some purpose

14. gcao2012 Eclair Feb 1, 2018

gcao2012, Feb 1, 2018 :
    Max, Stop complaining just use the product. don't expect a product improvement for every "Oh I don't like this feature"

stark2991_PL likes this.