Alert Slider modification

1. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

Arthur Ed , Aug 11, 2018 :
    Put an option so that we can reverse the direction of the alert cursor, so that the silent mode would be down and ring at the top. And that Do not Disturb mode has vibration and not silent.

Patrick_Aicheler likes this.
  2. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2018

Nick 59 , Aug 11, 2018 :
    The community here is made up of Oneplus users, just like you, and so Oneplus employees are not likely to see your post.
    You can submit feature requests to Oneplus by posting here (as Feedback):
    https://www.oneplus.com/support/complaints

Arthur Ed likes this.
  3. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2018

gazz1701 , Aug 11, 2018 :
    This has been asked before - and I have asked why? No one has yet given a reason, so again... why?

4. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

5. I_am_Batman
    KitKat Aug 11, 2018

I_am_Batman , Aug 11, 2018 :
    Why to implement the feature you asked for?

Why not just adjust with this? I mean, Is it too hard to adapt? If your old phone has it doesn't mean the new phone should have it? It's us who needs to adjust!

gazz1701 likes this.
  6. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

Patrick_Aicheler likes this.
  7. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2018

But why does it matter to you (or anyone) which way it works? How is the user experience improved by reversing this slider? Just interested...

8. I_am_Batman
    KitKat Aug 11, 2018

Arthur Ed

this is why I want it to be an option, you can have it normal or reversed​

So you're telling me that the company has to write the code again just for this option to be implemented leaving the works on camera because you can't adjust?

That's just called lazy.

However use reply option tp quote someone.

And as someone above mentioned give the feedback there.

9. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

I gave the feedback, stop asking me shitty question. When you are a phone company, you have to write the code everyday because there is always bug to fix so add a code it's not that hard

10. I_am_Batman
    KitKat Aug 11, 2018

It feels "Shitty" to you only if you don't know the perfect answer.

Moreover, Yeah, They would have to write the code everyday. But why not ask them for a useful features? The ones that you are "NOT " lazy with and makes sense?

It literally seems that you can't even adjust to a single thing. Learn to adjust to a new phone and it's features. If you need the old ones, Then buy the old phone. As simple as that!

11. G_Swapnil_Chitnis_NAIz
    Eclair Aug 11, 2018

Arthur Ed likes this.
  12. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

I'm not talking about old phones, I don't know any phone with an alert slider. An option is an option, I'm not LAZY, I do it anyway but there is a possibility to reverse the buttons (home, return, multitask) so why it wouldn't be possible to have a possibility to reverse fonctions on the Alert Slider? OnePlus phones are so cool because they are so personalisable, so this could be a cool personalisable feature!

13. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

I'm saying "shitty" because you're saying I'm lazy and I can't adjust but I never told I had a phone with this feature, I just think this could be a good addition to the phone, all the OnePlus engineers don't need to work on this feature, it's just simple, the code already exists. And I think the camera works great so I don't care.

14. I_am_Batman
    KitKat Aug 11, 2018

Only you think the camera is great.

And moreover as someone suggested above, You can use the link

15. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

why are you even here? I can give my opinion! if I love the camera, i love it and I don't ask your opinion.

16. gazz1701
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2018

He is here as it is public forum, and can post to any public post, like yours...also, dude, he's Batman! He can do what he wants!

But I am still interested in why you think the UX would be better if slider functions reversed...?

17. Arthur Ed
    Donut Aug 11, 2018

ahah Batman !
    Because most of the time my phone is in silent so when I want to put it on ring I have to pull the alert slider with my nails and it "hurts", for me (people of my family who have OnePlus agree with me) it would be cool if I could choose in the settings to just pull it to the top to turn on ring mode, like why on volume button you have to push the top button to turn the sound up and not down? Why it is not like that with the Alert Slider?[e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]