All About Invites (To Buy and To Share!)

1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jul 31, 2014

David S. , Jul 31, 2014 :
    As you might know, the whole team has been helping Customer Support for a while, dealing with all sorts of tickets and a lot of you have been asking questions regarding invites. For the ones that are not aware that we have a new and very useful FAQ, we'll be responding to some of this enquiries over here:

How do I get an invite?
    The main method of getting invites will be through others. In the beginning, when not a lot of other people have the device, you'll be able to get invites through contest and raffles. We have planned ways so our early fans, as well as people who weren't here from the beginning will be able to obtain invites.

Please check out our social media channels for opportunities to claim one of many invites being released every month.

Once I receive an invite, can I choose between the 16GB Silk White and 64GB Sandstone Black versions?

We are currently producing exclusively the 64GB Sandstone Black flavor.

How long are invites valid for?
    For invites that you receive, they are typically valid for 24 hours. If they expire, they get returned to sender so someone else can get a chance to buy it. Alternatively, you can ask for the sender to resend it to you. For invites that you can give away, they are usually valid for longer, usually 3-7 days.

How many invites can I give away?
    This varies, normally you'll be receiving 3 invites.

When do I receive invites to give away?
    Invites to share are being distributed in chronological order. Please keep in mind that the Invite System has been designed to be dynamic, the amount and timing of the invites will depend on different factors, such as availability, number of invites claimed and time of your initial purchase.

That said, once you receive them, these invites will be valid for exactly 72 hours and expire immediately after. Please note that once the invites expire, they cannot be reactivated.

My invite expired, what can I do?
    When your invite expires, it passes on to someone else waiting to buy the OnePlus One. It's not possible to reactivate an expired invite, but Invites are getting easier and easier to get :)

I claimed an invite but I'd like to transfer it to a friend. How can I do it?
    Invites are personal and account specific, and we are not able to transfer already claimed invites to another person's account. We have seen people trading or lending accounts with invites. OnePlus doesn't support this and if you do so you are in great risk of getting your account hijacked. We cannot help when this happens, since most of the times it's impossible to know the actual story.

I got an invite, but it says it's been claimed. Why?
    Anyone who could have had access to the invite code or link could have claimed the invite.

2. campaine
    Eclair Jul 31, 2014

3. TurfRunner
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

viviix, glrotem, zekwean and 9 others like this.
  4. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran Jul 31, 2014

Waterdroid , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Thanks for the clarification bro, I'll be sure to refer to this thread a lot.. ;)

Edit by Alexh221: I loath a certain person with a small face..

Get lost Alex, you want an editwar? You'll get an editwar.

EDIT #2 by Alexh221: Bro... Do you even mod?

I'll mod the crap out of you bro, no mod beats the DiCaprio!

EDIT #3 by Alexh221: No mod beats The Slicer! Well, expect for when he's asleep and it seems like he's going to sleep now.

We'll keep it at tie bro, but this isn't over. Have a good night tho!

EDIT #4 by Alexh221: Sleep my son. I have awakened and I'm planning my vengeance.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

dimitxx, bala819, DRCH and 64 others like this.
  5. jimbean
    Froyo Jul 31, 2014

KauMah, viviix, velanic and 14 others like this.
  6. vivu.vivek
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

7. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jul 31, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014

abeee1883, viviix, marius123 and 15 others like this.
  8. Armand
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2014

9. audiocracy
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

viviix, phantorp, nevgon and 2 others like this.
  10. sandy_tiku
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

11. hanszmann
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

viviix, phantorp and doctortea like this.
  12. toverstreet2015
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

toverstreet2015 , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Thank you for the information! That will serve as some much needed clarification for users both old and new.

13. mnateghi

viviix, Naithe, signa and 9 others like this.
  14. Bfrom1983
    Eclair Jul 31, 2014

Anjali Pandiri, viviix and eesparza73 like this.
  15. wtfhsf
    KitKat Jul 31, 2014

16. saradhi8
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

viviix, Jose Couto, SavasBiQ and 3 others like this.
  17. mel.suppula
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2014

mel.suppula , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification of everything! =) I think that is awesome that if a person doesn't claim an invite that it is then returned back to the sender. =D

18. lrandria
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

lrandria , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Extremely valuable information. Thank you for the clarification on the invites!

viviix, Jose Couto, SavasBiQ and 7 others like this.
  19. Vishwa HM
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

Vishwa HM , Jul 31, 2014 :

THanks a lot ..very useful handy information..is there a way to stick it to the top of the invites forum..this way everyone can have this like a quick reference ?

dedy14, viviix, Jose Couto and 33 others like this.
  20. nikunj