All about OxygenOS – August 2021

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Aug 31, 2021

Gary C. , Aug 31, 2021 :
    upload_2021-8-31_10-46-36.png

Hey everyone,

It's time for August's OxygenOS FAQs! Here, we sort out and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding our operating system, to give you all the info you need.

The latest FAQs are as follows, please read on.

[Q&A]
    Q:
    When will I be able to update my OnePlus 6/6T to the first stable version of OxygenOS 11?
    A: The OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T is being gradually released since August 11. Please wait for the OTA push to update your device.

Q: Why can't the camera auto-focus when I take pictures at close range?
    A: Please ensure that the Super-Macro function has been enabled. The Super-Macro feature can help you auto-focus objects while shooting from a distance of 1-5.5 inches. The OnePlus 7T Pro / 8 Pro / 9 / 9 Pro's camera app now can auto-enable the Super-Macro feature. To enable it, go to "Camera – the three dots in the upper right corner – SETTINGS – Auto macro". The OnePlus 7T / 8 / 8T's camera app also supports the Super-Macro feature but needs to be turned on manually.

Q: Why did my OnePlus 7/7T series camera stop working?
    A: If you encounter this problem, it may be a hardware problem. The camera in your phone may have been damaged due to prolonged use. You may take your device to the nearest service center for further assistance.
    Here's the complete list of service centers: https://www.oneplus.in/support/service-center

Q: Why doesn’t the gallery app make stories anymore?
    A: The generation of stories requires specific conditions to be met. It's very important for you to take as many photos as possible. Also, the quality of the photos should be good enough for gallery recognition, only then will the photos be picked up and organized into stories at the end of each week.

Q: Why does "System" show a high percentage in the "Settings -> Storage"?
    A: "System" not only shows the space occupied by the Android system, but also the space occupied by other files that can't be classified into known columns, so the percentage is relatively high. (Known columns: Photos and videos, Music & Audio, Games, Movie and TV apps, Other apps, Files).
    If you have any queries about the System occupation of Storage or you run into an issue with media storage, please contact Customer Service and submit the logs file to help us better analyze and optimize the Storage.

Q: Why can't I view the pictures or files of some OnePlus and third-party applications in File Management?
    A: Please don't worry, all the relevant data is still stored on the phone. This issue occurs because the Google team has hidden the Android/data & Android/OBB folder in consideration of optimizing the privacy policy, so some files in the File Management can't be viewed.
    If you need to check relevant information, please try to find it in the app. At the same time, you can also report this issue to the third-party application terminals or the OnePlus community bug feedback area. We will also actively promote the third parties to make relevant adaptations.

[Nord 2]
    Q:
    Why can't I set my battery style on my Nord 2?
    A: We have made some feature changes on OxygenOS 11.3, and now we do not support battery style change. Thanks for your understanding.

Q: Why can't I slide to close the battery notification when charging my Nord 2?
    A: When you turn on the "Optimized night charging" feature in the Settings, the battery notification cannot be swiped to close. You can click "Don't optimize this time" to close it. If you do not want this notification to appear again, please go to Settings - Battery - More battery settings - turn off "Optimized night charging".

Q: Why can’t I use App Cloner normally on my Nord 2?
    A: The feature had some adaptation issues before and has been fixed now. You can go to Settings - App Management - App cloner to use.

Q: Nord 2's battery is draining fast, especially at night.
    A: We have optimized battery consumption for some scenarios in the upcoming system release, but there are still some scenarios that need more log help to optimize, if you encounter this problem, please connect Customer Service and submit the logs file to help us better analyze.

We hope you found the answers above helpful. If not, please feel free to share your doubts in this post or via the Community app. We will answer your questions regularly.

Never Settle.

Past FAQ:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Jul, 2021
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Jun, 2021
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - May, 2020

2. Nagendrac
    Froyo Aug 31, 2021

3. Praveen723
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2021

4. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 31, 2021

drmartin , Aug 31, 2021 :
    Could be nice if you better explained the reasoning behind some of your decisions.

5. _.Srinivas._
    Froyo Aug 31, 2021

6. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Aug 31, 2021

Overzee , Aug 31, 2021 :
    Thanks @Gary C., I received the OOS 11 OTA update last week on my OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition:cool:

7. Javvadibabajee
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2021

8. MoraOmarHamed
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2021

MoraOmarHamed , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 31, 2021 :
    Since i a updated my op7 pro to android 11 when i lock my screen with specific apps in the background such as maps or music then i switch the screen back on the phone will then suddenly zoom in and it's really hard to reach to anything so then I'm forced to force restart the phone to exit this zoom in bug and another issue is that when i switch my phone the fhd+ with 90hz and lock the phone the screen won't open again showing a totally black screen but it does register my touch so again to fix it i have to force restart and go to settings and set it to QHD+ with 90 hz when will this issues be fixed it's really frustrating and I'm not seeing and updates or feedback from oneplus about this issue!

9. MoraOmarHamed
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2021

MoraOmarHamed , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 31, 2021 :
    One more bug also since i updated to android 11 is zen mode when i switch zen mode on the phone and lock the screen zen mode never triggers anything and i can navigate in the phone effortlessly except opening apps then i have to go to zen mode and switch it off by starting zen mode again this issue never existed on Android 10?
    1630395085198.jpg this is a capture when i start zen mode and when i lock the screen it won't register my fingerprint any more

greylck and Tower-1. like this.
  10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 31, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 31, 2021 :
    Thank you for the FAQ:)

11. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Aug 31, 2021 :
    First of all Google has to release it officially

12. G_plusone
    Nougat Aug 31, 2021

G_plusone , Aug 31, 2021 :
    That's a sensitive spot to touch

14. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Aug 31, 2021

eastbay, Caomhin, Tower-1. and 2 others like this.
  15. rohanxman
    Froyo Aug 31, 2021

nbrincat, htcmm, Wiktor44 and 7 others like this.
  16. Dresa91

YO3INQ, Caomhin and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  17. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Aug 31, 2021

18. Zabet72238
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2021

Bleyder and Krogoth2k like this.
  19. umang_saboo
    Eclair Aug 31, 2021

umang_saboo , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 31, 2021 :
    They will keep on answering to the useless questions rather than focusing on the important ones 😂

B1631899965735, htcmm and djorghios like this.
  20. barathrajss
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2021