All About OxygenOS – Jan 2021

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Jan 22, 2021

Gary C. , Jan 22, 2021 :
    氧FAQ 大图.png

Hey everyone,

It's time for January's OxygenOS FAQs! Here, we sort out and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding OxygenOS to give you all the info you need.

The latest FAQs are as follows:

[Q&A]
    Q: I can't find the pictures and screenshots in the Gallery after the system was updated.
    A: We are glad to inform you that this issue has been resolved. Please update your phone's system and the Gallery (4.0.120) to the latest version.

Q:Navigation gestures of OnePlus 8/8Pro/8T stop working sometimes.
    A:This issue has been fixed in the latest stable version of OnePlus 8/8Pro/8T. Please update the system to the latest stable version.

Q:Alarms occasionally get stuck, and I can't delete or turn them off.
    Q:When I close a full-screen video, the screen does not automatically go into portrait-mode and remains in the landscape-mode.
    A:These issues have been fixed in the latest stable version of the OnePlus 8 series. Please update the system to the latest stable version.

Q: Why can't I send and receive text messages on OnePlus Messages and other third-party messaging apps?
    A : The reason behind this issue is the "Carrier Services" App developed by the Google team. The V.50.0.3 of this app can trigger this issue. Here's how you can fix it:
    1. Open the Play Store and install V.48.0.3 version of "Carrier Services".
    2. Reboot your device.

Q:The Red Cable Club app in Android 11 has several display issues in dark mode.
    A:If you encounter this issue, please check if the RCC app's version number is 1.2.0.2; if yes, please update the app to 1.4.0 version in Play Store to solve this issue. If you can't see this app in Play Store, please contact Customer Service for support.

Q:Why does OnePlus Messages show incompatible with my device?
    A:Please don't worry, the Messages app is still working normally. This prompt in Play Store will disappear when your device is updated to Android 11, please stay tuned for the updates.

Q: While using the OnePlus 8T's primary camera, focusing with close range is difficult.
    A: When shooting at close range, the light or the texture of the object might affect the autofocus algorithm, making it impossible to find the focus point stably. If you need to focus at close range, you can use manual focus in professional mode or turn on Super macro to shoot. If you still face problems focusing at close range, please go to the community feedback area to submit feedback and provide the original film for reference.

Q:Why can't I open my note in the Notes app?
    A:Sorry for the inconvenience. If you encounter this issue, please contact Customer Service for help for step by step instructions.

Q: I can't find the weather app in the Launcher's widgets after updating my OnePlus 8 series to OS 11.
    A: Currently, the new weather app is not available as a widget. If you want to use the widget, you can choose the "OnePlus Widget" in Launcher to access weather data. Here's how: Long press Launcher > Choose WIDGETS - Drag the widget in "OnePlus Widget" containing weather data to Launcher.

We hope you found the answers above helpful. If not, please feel free to share your doubts in this post or via the Community app. We will answer your questions regularly.

Never Settle.

Previous FAQs:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Dec, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Nov, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Oct, 2020

2. G_abeed_sunny_cONS
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

G_abeed_sunny_cONS , Jan 22, 2021 :
    when I click the pics from the phone camera, after that I opend the gallary from the camera only it's loading very lazy and scrolling too slowly.

3. Luigi Martire
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2021

4. NYJ
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

5. Sourabh1796
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

6. OnePlusSanjoySaha
    Honeycomb Jan 22, 2021

OnePlusSanjoySaha , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Thanks for the Update.
    Q. How can we make everyone see this thread to Reduce the number of redundant threads with repeated questions ?
    A. You can't.

Akmeeena, Franneb, vareny and 7 others like this.
  7. SRD.
    KitKat Jan 22, 2021

8. Girish.Pranav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2021

X1611399820410 likes this.
  9. aneez_nazz
    Eclair Jan 22, 2021

10. Santhosh6604
    Eclair Jan 22, 2021

Santhosh6604 , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 22, 2021 :
    I'm using oneplus Nord. Please give cleaner for clearing cache and unwanted files. And give seperate option for selecting network settings like 2G only and 3G only option for atleast second sim. Improve AppLock settings

11. O1611307758735
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

U1597910427706 likes this.
  12. venkatajay07065
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2021

14. mokaeswar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 22, 2021

15. Arthyon
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

Arthyon , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Thank you for update, even though I expected some hints (if a complete answer is not possible) about the bug introduced with Oxygen 11 about the screen resolution. Everything is too big and need to be scaled down to "small" or buy the development options by changing the dpi.
    Any news regarding this?

16. Sunil Yadav ji
    Eclair Jan 22, 2021

17. NaqviMohammad
    Froyo Jan 22, 2021

sandyblacksmith9 likes this.
  18. Dlappas
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

19. R1558587520896
    Donut Jan 22, 2021

R1558587520896 , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Is there a way to change the background of the widget screen? I think it looks terrible, and I want to choose the apps I use by myself. In this case, the weather app.
    If I my suggest something, you could develop a music player app, which is preinstalled like on Samsung and other phones. Those from the App store are no good, and always annoying with the advertising and the rights they want.
    1611312653659.jpg