All about OxygenOS – June 2021

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Jun 30, 2021

Gary C. , Jun 30, 2021 :
    monthlyFAQ.png

Hey everyone,

It's time for June's OxygenOS FAQs! Here, we sort out and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding our operating system, to give you all the info you need.

The latest FAQs are as follows:

Q: When will I be able to take a screenshot on the AOD?
    A: The newest OxygenOS 11 Open Beta for OnePlus 8/8 Pro/8T allows you to take screenshots on AOD. So go ahead and update your system to this version and share your unique AOD visuals on social platforms!

Q: Why does the camera on the OnePlus 7/7T series crash and not work sometimes?
    A: If you encounter this problem frequently and your system is updated, it may be a hardware problem. The camera in your phone may have been damaged due to prolonged use. You may take your device to the nearest service center for further assistance.
    Here's the complete list of service centers: https://www.oneplus.in/support/service-center

Q: The Gallery takes a long time to load pictures on Android 11.
    A: To speed up the loading, we have launched a new scheme and added a caching mechanism. The loading speed of this new version, 4.0.227 of the Gallery, has been significantly improved compared to the previous one. You can update the app on Play Store.

Q: Is it possible to uniformize the temperature symbols across the Weather app as ºC and ºF?
    A: Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve already uniformized the temperature symbols. You can go to the Google Play store and update to the Weather v2.7.53 to use.

Q: Has the OnePlus 9/9 Pro camera been optimized?
    A: In version 11.2.7.7 of the OnePlus 9/9 Pro, we have improved the camera stability, smoothness, color performance, and shooting effects. Click here for more info: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/improved-camera-performance-for-oneplus-9-9-pro.1454410/

Q: Why has the icon in the bottom left corner of the dialer page become smaller after the latest Android 11 system update?
    A: We have noticed this issue and will fix it in the next stable version. Please stay tuned.

Q: Why does OnePlus Gallery on the Google Play store show up as "not compatible" with my devices?
    A: We are currently working on compatibility issues and will accelerate the adaptation progress for the OnePlus 6 series. Please stay tuned.

Q: Why does the OnePlus Gallery on the OnePlus 6/6T series not support 4K 60FPS video editing?
    A: The issue will be fixed in the next version of the OnePlus Gallery. Please stay tuned.

Q: Why can't I view the pictures or files of some OnePlus and third-party app in the File Manager?
    A: Please don't worry, all your data is still stored on the phone. This issue occurs because the Google team has hidden the Android/data & Android/OBB folder to optimize the privacy policy. Hence some files in the File Management are not visible.
    If you want to view these files, please try to find them in the respective apps. At the same time, you can also report this issue to the third-party apps or the OnePlus community bug feedback area. We will also actively promote the third parties to make appropriate adaptations.

[Nord CE 5G]
    Q:
    How do I disable the call recording notification in the Google dialer?
    A: Due to Google's security and privacy design, this notification currently can't be turned off. When a call is on, the other party will receive a recording-on notification as the call is being recorded.

Q: Why can't I make an outgoing call from contacts?
    A: This is due to Google's contacts design. Please go to the "Contacts," click on any contact, open the contact details, and click the phone number to make a call.

We hope you found the answers above helpful. If not, please feel free to share your doubts in this post or via the Community app. We will answer your questions in the next post.

Never Settle.

Past FAQ:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - May, 2021
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Apr, 2021
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS - Mar, 2021

2. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Jul 5, 2021

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Jul 5, 2021 :
    Well, since many people are curious about how the questions in our FAQ come about, and this is our current process: we not only collect top issues from users' feedbacks but also pay attention to questions that are debated on social media platforms/community by many users. We will look into them and answer questions regularly.
    If you meet some issues or you want to give us good suggestions, you can submit your feedback or suggestions in the community feedback area.
    We are looking forward to hearing your voice!

3. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Jun 30, 2021

Liehjan , Jun 30, 2021 :
    @Gary C. You forgot one thing, is AOD coming to older devices... yes or no? This needs to officially be answered now.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 30, 2021

5. deepak786
    Froyo Jun 30, 2021

deepak786 , via OnePlus 9R , Jun 30, 2021 :
    What about Oneplus 9r battery drain issue. Why there isn't any stable update released after 11.2.3.3, even though so many complaints in the thread of OnePlus 9r. Why no one is talking about OnePlus 9r.

6. Dresa91

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jun 30, 2021

8. GandeDeSa
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2021

Seremedy, Gary C., HipsGTLK and 2 others like this.
  9. deepak786
    Froyo Jun 30, 2021

deepak786 , via OnePlus 9R , Jun 30, 2021 :
    That was an incremental update and was nothing to upgrade or stabilise system and was totally shit, I am asking about stable update or any update which resolve issue.s not create. Kindly look into the OnePlus 9r thread before replying me.

10. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    Every update is incremental.

Gary C. likes this.
  12. oneplusfav4ever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2021

oneplusfav4ever , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jun 30, 2021 :
    Hi @Gary C. Q: Why does the camera on the OnePlus 7/7T series crash and not work sometimes?

You have advised to visit service center, do you the cost to repair camera? It's a bum
    I guess you need to come up with some discount offers.

mallu.achayan and Dresa91 like this.
  14. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 30, 2021

the_o2 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    But keep this in mind too ;)

Damn!! 6 months of 2021 have already passed just in a jiffy :eek::oops:

Thanks for the monthly FAQ :)

15. Boki95
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2021

Boki95 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    This FAQs allways feel like the answers are from the changelog and the questions were written by them based on the latest updates.

ady_agar likes this.
  16. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 30, 2021

McJader , Jun 30, 2021 :
    Important answers. If only new members read this too, and searched.
    Indeed, the loading speed has drastically improved.

17. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Jun 30, 2021

Liehjan , Jun 30, 2021 :
    Maybe, but the AOD thing should be officially answered sooner rather than later.. For weeks it has been discussed here and people share a screenshot of a support chat with OnePlus where the worker states that "hardware isn't compatible with AOD"... But Open beta builds for the 7/7T-series has it.

18. Boki95
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2021

Boki95 , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 30, 2021 :
    OnePlus doesn't communicate anything 😔 I don't know how it was before but I'm a OnePlus user a year ago and I didn't really see a normal answer on anything. I sent like a dozen feedback because of oos 11 bugs, and all I got was obviously automatic replies.

CS1989, Praveen723 and the_reckoner like this.
  19. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 30, 2021

Gary C., Caomhin and Dresa91 like this.
  20. hey_im_pankaj
    Froyo Jun 30, 2021

hey_im_pankaj , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 30, 2021 :
    In 8 pro.
    Q1. When HDR video support will available for OTT application like Netflix, prime video?
    Q2. When prime video support full screen video play?
    Q3. When OnePlus 8/8 Pro mobile will be mentioned on Netflix website for device list that support HD and HDR? 1625032321238.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021

Ananthu6, Dantekai, iTarifP6 and 10 others like this.