All about OxygenOS - Sept 2020

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Sep 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Sep 21, 2020 :
    1405080-ca912c61bb77c9d0d19f00d800e064eb.png

Hey everyone,

It's time for September's OxygenOS FAQs! Here, we answer the most frequently asked questions regarding our operating system to give you all the info you need.

Check out the latest FAQs down below!

【Q&A】

Q: When OnePlus Buds are used with non-OnePlus devices or OnePlus previous devices (before OnePlus 6), can we customize the double-tap touch function and upgrade the earphone firmware?

A: A specially designed app for OnePlus Buds will be launched in the future to manage the audio accessory. The app will be available on Android 6.0 and above, third-party android mobile phones, as well as OnePlus 3 / 3T / 5 / 5T. Double-tap customization and earphone firmware upgrade will be available by then. Please stay tuned for the app.

Q: Why is the OnePlus Buds app installed on my phone?
    A: The interactions between OnePlus smartphones and our newly-introduced true wireless headset are tied with several system settings. For a seamless experience, the OnePlus Pods app (renamed to OnePlus Buds) is included in the latest stable updates for OnePlus 6 and newer devices. We are evaluating the technical solutions at the system-level. We plan to add those in the upcoming version updates so users can uninstall the OnePlus Buds app if they wish to.

Q: There is audio leakage while using OnePlus Buds, which leads to a poor sound quality experience.
    A: Sound quality can be affected depending on how you wear the Buds. We suggest adjusting the earplugs till they're sufficiently tight and fit. The bass sound will become weak if the headset is not well sealed. However, it might be too loud if the earplugs are worn too tight. We have optimized the sound quality of OnePlus Buds and merged the update into our latest OnePlus Buds app (Version No. V2.8.2.0). Please update them to avoid any problem with the audio. We will listen to the feedback from our users continuously and make optimizations in the future.

Q:On OnePlus 5 and above devices, while swiping Google Search bar in dark mode, the screen flickers occasionally.
    A:It happened occasionally with Google Android WebView (version V85.0.4183.81).
    Google plans to fix this issue in the upcoming versions of Google Android WebView app (V85.0.4183.101). Rest assured, the issue won't occur after updating the app. Please install the latest updates through Play Store for the ideal experience.

Q: Why doesn't Hidden Space show icons when apps are added to it?
    Q: The angle of OnePlus drawer and screen does not match well.

A: These issues have already been fixed internally and are expected to be merged into upcoming OnePlus Launcher versions. The update will be available on Play Store soon, please stay tuned!

Q: The error "Unable to edit" popped up when I tried to edit a recorded video after the recent Gallery update. How do I fix this?
    A: We are fully aware of this problem and schedule to address this issue in the upcoming software updates. However, you can set the frame below 60 fps to edit the video if needed. Please set the frame of screen recording in 30fps, 24fps or 15fps in screen recorder setting in Screen Recorder > Setting > Number of Frames.

Q: Why does the app icon show up on the status bar even after being set as "Other" in the app notifications?
    A: As per the latest Google regulations, the app icon will show up on the status bar when other notifications are received. We will add a setting option in upcoming versions so that users can choose "Hide or enable icons of other notifications".

Q: Contacts have been duplicated on my Nord device.
    A: It is possibly because of the Google account‘s contacts repeat. This might help: Click on the Contacts app > Click on the menu bar in the upper left corner > Suggestions > Merge Duplicates. If the problem still exists, please share your feedback via the community app.

Q: The photos taken on OnePlus Nord come out blurry sometimes.
    A: Here's a small tip: Please be steady and avoid movement while taking photos. This will help improve the photo clarity and quality. In the meantime, we will continuously optimize the shooting experience under dark settings, as well as the stabilization effect. The update will be pushed out in later versions.

Q: Some downloaded app files do not show up in the File Manager.
    Q: Text shows up as gibberish in some WeChat public platform accounts.
    Q: OnePlus Switch sometimes flashes while it's restoring a backup.

A: We are glad to inform you that the above issues have already been fixed and merged into the latest OBT versions of OnePlus 7 / 7Pro / 7T / 7T Pro. Users can update to the latest OBT, and the above issues will be resolved.

We hope you found the answers above helpful. If not, please feel free to share your doubts in this post or via the Community app. We will answer your questions regularly.

Never Settle.

Previous FAQs:
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – Aug, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – Jul, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – Jun, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – May, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – April, 2020
    [FAQ] All about OxygenOS – March, 2020

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020

2. Karun Deep
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2020

3. hungryforhands
    Eclair Sep 21, 2020

hungryforhands , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I and many others are still facing the same problem and have received no attention from 1+. I have submitted logs over a week ago, contacted on twitter and no solution.
    WIFI is turning off when the screen is turning off. All notifications are being delayed and services such as WhatsappWeb cannot be used as they require a constant WIfi connection. Can we PLEASE have a response from 1+ about this? No amount of battery optimisation disabling has made this problem any better.

4. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 21, 2020

5. Adil azeez
    Eclair Sep 21, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 likes this.
  6. Rajnish_Dhull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2020

7. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Sep 21, 2020

8. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 21, 2020

9. Venkat Depatla
    Eclair Sep 21, 2020

Venkat Depatla , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Where can I download OnePlus Buds app (Version No. V2.8.2.0) ? Its not showing on Playstore on my Nord.

10. jithu7
    Froyo Sep 21, 2020

jithu7 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Well I have a few questions
    1) When will oxygen os bring independent fingerprint for AppLock and phone screen lock?
    2) When will Nord get full screen capabilities especially on all games? ( Now it is only there in immensely popular games)
    3) Why don't the apps in applock immediately lock the app after exiting?

11. Ashish7973
    Donut Sep 21, 2020

Ashish7973 , via OnePlus 8 , Sep 21, 2020 :
    I'm battery issue battery drain fast and charging issues after update android 11 .
    Some time auto switched off mobile .
    Automatic hang my mobile .
    I wanna soulution ..

12. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2020

OmarRolon likes this.
  13. Anujbazzad
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

14. nguyenphong108
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2020

15. Pranay datta
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2020

16. VENKATKAMAL887
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2020

VENKATKAMAL887 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Same problem with the OnePlus 8 pro. As I'm having both OnePlus 5t and 8 pro my 5t works well in dark rooms because of its screen flash. But OnePlus 8 pro was got into my hands 3 days before since then I'm unable to unlock my devise using face unlock. I don't know what to do or whom to ask. I'm writing this issue please OnePlus please team do something to 7 pro and 8 pro that which we can also enjoy face unlock at night times as we did In our previous OnePlus devices. I'm OnePlus 8 pro user 12 GB ram and 256 GB memory variant.

Optimus_Prime_07 and OmarRolon like this.
  17. OmarRolon
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2020

18. S1597999373538
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2020

19. rajshah2412
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2020

rajshah2412 , Sep 22, 2020 :
    Thanks for the thread @Gary C.
    Glad to see the common FAQs being answered and accordingly information is updated.
    Kudos to the OxygenOS team for working tirelessly here and constantly making our experience better.

20. Javvadibabajee
    Froyo Sep 22, 2020