all device files lost after connecting to pc

1. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

zubair_amgaz, Mar 7, 2015 :
    i connected my oneplus to my computer. i was baking up some songs. when i deleted one of the file windows explorer stopped responding and all of a sudden what i see is only applications are left on my oneplus and all the media files like gallery music movies videos downloads all are lost. now even pc is showing 51gb free of 54 gb. what should i do now. some files were really very important. ;-(

2. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

3. Slydelix Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

Slydelix, Mar 7, 2015 :
    what did you deleted?

4. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

i was deleting a download file from emulated/storage/ and i deleted the folder and phone stopped responding. i was doing it on my windows 8 pc

5. rez1_k Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 7, 2015

rez1_k, Mar 7, 2015 :
    Sounds to me like some kinda malware on your PC might be responsible. Scan your PC using MBAM, reconnect your phone as MTP device and try a good data recovery software.

Good luck.

moe2244 likes this.
  6. 4nlimited3dition Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

4nlimited3dition, Mar 7, 2015 :
    My file manager on Windows 8.1 also stops responding quite frequently, but it never does anything to the files on my OPO or other devices.
    You should try retrieving the lost files with a deleted files restoring app, there are many of those in Google play.

7. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

8. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

emulated/storage... something like that

9. LiamPodmore Eclair Mar 7, 2015

LiamPodmore, Mar 7, 2015 :
    Kaspersky doesn't tend to pick up malware. I'd give rez1_k's suggestion a try and run malwarebytes.

rez1_k likes this.
  10. Slydelix Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

Slydelix, Mar 7, 2015 :
    omg... if you deleted emulated/storage then u deleted everything that was on the phone...

Nyan_ likes this.
  11. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

but in windows explorer there was nothing in that folder. instead all folders were out of this folder as seperate folders. if you are sure.... what should i do now... ;-(

JosephGLittle likes this.
  12. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

but in windows ex

plorer there was nothing in that folder. instead all folders were out of this folder as seperate folders. if you are sure.... what should i do now... ;-(

13. Rishabhbh Honeycomb Mar 7, 2015

Rishabhbh, Mar 7, 2015 :
    Your emulated storage is everything. Literally everything. You shouldn't have deleted it. Why would you delete it?

14. JosephGLittle Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

JosephGLittle, Mar 7, 2015 :
    The in and out of it is that your files are gone. hopefully you had a cloud service such as G+ backing up your photos and videos? if not get one or 2 the more the better. there are tons of free ones, I use mega, google+ photos, onecloud and copy to back up all my photos on the go. the reason for so many is some countires block some providers so your photos dont back up. Make sure you always have a backup and an backup if the backup breaks.. backups are important

zubair_amgaz likes this.
  15. JosephGLittle Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

JosephGLittle, Mar 7, 2015 :
    We all make mistakes dude. chill.

zubair_amgaz likes this.
  16. Rishabhbh Honeycomb Mar 7, 2015

17. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

i have good recovery software tool on my pc. but it aint detecting mtp storage. plus opo memory is non removable. is there anyway to connect it as mass storage

18. guijan12 Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2015

19. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

any possible solution to this. i dont have anyback up. didnot backedup to pc since long. thats why i connected my device today and this shit happened. :(

JosephGLittle likes this.
  20. zubair_amgaz Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015