ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU _______

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Dec 21, 2019

Zach X. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    #SoOP Best of the Month.png

Hey friends,

This is Zach! As the new newcomer in the community, I’m going to be Santa Zach for this year and give away little Christmas presents that I’ve secretly prepared for you all.

As Christmas is coming, it's hard to go a day without hearing a song, no matter in the stores, streets or your Christmas playlist. Yep, I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about. It is “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Maria Carey.

In our community, who do you want to spend your Christmas with? What do you want him or her to do? Let's share your thoughts and get Christmas presents!

【How this works】

1. Tag one of your friends in the community
    2. Share a little story about you and the person you tag, like how do you know each other
    3. Fill in the blank, “All want for Christmas is @xxxx to __________”
    4. If the person you want to tag is not a community member yet, don’t hesitate to invite he or she to this incredible place!

【Rules】

1. Edited posts will not be considered
    2. Interesting and funny posts will be selected to give away Christmas presents, so be creative and have fun!
    3. Only users who post before Dec 24 11:59PM CET will be eligible for selection
    4. Selected users will be announced on Dec 25
    5. Standards Terms and Conditions apply.

HO, HO, HO, Merry Christmas!

2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

Stickied Post
    G_plusone , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I didn't think that's would be the case o_O
    It was said tag one person not only one , right? :p
    Maybe Santa @Zach X. can clarify ;)

3. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 25, 2019

Stickied Post

4. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Dec 21, 2019

Zach X. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    I met @Trista W. the first day I joined the community. We came from different cities in China and I never thought about that we could have such ridiculously similar background. Guess what! We both went to exactly the same University in France for exchange in 2017! What a coincidence! I was literally shocked when Trista told me about that and I was like… NO WAY!!!! Perhaps I have met her somewhere before in France. Who knows.

I’ve always been convinced by the theory of 6 degree of separation, which states that any person of the Earth could meet anyone in the world with a maximum of six or fewer mutual connections. We are living in a small world, and I believe that everyone in this community has some kind of subtle connections which are waiting for us to explore. So I can’t wait to get to know more about you lol.

Alright, let’s get back to Christmas. This year, All I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is @Trista W. to put on a corny sweater to the office on Christmas Day!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019

5. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

YRJ , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Hey @Zach X. Nice to meet you and also to read about your story. I hope you have a great time here.
    Btw, this thread is a terrific start, I can tell that you'll get along very well.
    Now the real challenge, how to write this without making it sound romantic :grin:

6. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 21, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Welcome Santa Zack!! :D

I love this contest veeeery much, tho my list of friends is long... I hope it's possible to write more than one... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll start with my boo (@Wonderwoman13). We met in another contest (Everything OnePlus by @Impersonal) and since the first second the feeling was awesome. We have lived many adventures already like a fly on a helicopter together, get a yummy chicken dinner and dream with floods of awesome foods from all around the world. I'm sure the day we meet our adventures will be a bit less exciting but they will be incredibly memorable.

All I want for Christmas is @Wonderwoman13 to get her beloved bullets and to keep being the wonderful light around the forums that cheers everyone up and the greatest supporter anyone can have ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

Hi Santa Zach
    This is a great start to the Gift's season threads as told by Crystal in the weekly update.

Here's my wish
    "All I want for Christmas is for @Crystal Z. to conduct another Hoodie Raffle exchange or @YRJ to win a Hoodie Raffle or McLaren x OnePlus writing instrument and give it to me :p"

This is a nice and interesting theory Zach.
    Keep up Santa's work

8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

YRJ , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Ngl, I legit had a Deja Vu about this :tearsofjoy:

9. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Dec 21, 2019

Dresa91 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    welcome to the community, @Zach X. :)

@Starcommander, this could be fun:)
    Well, I gifted @Starcommander the OnePlus & McLaren Special Edition Pen, which we could „win“ via exchange our points in the 6th anniversary raffle:)
    He really wanted this pen and I knew nothing to do with my points :).
    And so I donated my points for him :).
    I learned a lot of things in this community, and his community is a second family. Palace, where you can give people pleasure, love, etc. and - that’s important - where you can get something back:). I don’t only speak about spending time and have great conversations.
    As a gift @Starcommander gave me a coupon for an OnePlus Explorer Backpack. This is so great and a great appreciation :).

All I want for Christmas is @Starcommander to know, that he is a great friend - a true friend :) A very kind person :). I wish him all the best for the next new year 2020, with a lot of joy, love and health :).

10. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

YRJ , Dec 21, 2019 :
    You two! :innocent: 200.gif

cdnfarmer, manuel19, aris and 6 others like this.
  11. Dresa91

manuel19, MosheG1, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  12. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 21, 2019

script , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Cool story, Dresa. Respect,I have to say.

:)

buntycubal, the_o2, manuel19 and 10 others like this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

You two are so sweet and now I feel silly about my wish :oops: :p
    I am becoming too predictable ain't I:D

SWAPPYONE, YRJ, buntycubal and 9 others like this.
  14. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    thanks captain:)

your wish is not silly:)
    :) :)

15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 21, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 21, 2019 :
    Awwww @Dresa91!!!!!!! You are the best!!!!! I am so happy that I found you!!!! Thank you so much friend.

I knew @Dresa91 even before I joined the famous place of Wormhole! We used to play those Word Games together but I started talking to him only after entering Wormhole. He is such a down to earth and a humble person that is very difficult to find in this modern world.

Dresa you are the first one to wish me in advance for my Birthday 🥺.

All I wish you is that, soon you get to buy a house for you and your wife. You have already successfully completed your thesis and I am sure you with your talent, skills and humble nature nothing can stop you from achieving success in life.!
    All the best for 2020. May your life be filled with joy, peace, happiness, success and good health!

16. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    thank you so much my friend:)! thanks:) so lovely words:)! thank you for all:)

17. deepankur19
    Froyo Dec 21, 2019

deepankur19 , Dec 21, 2019 :
    All want for Christmas is @Zach X to reveal to me secretly whats popping up at CES under the hood of Oneplus Concept One....

Before anyone else

18. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 21, 2019

GopalB. , Dec 21, 2019 :
    OK... Let me get to the point...
    All I want for Christmas is @B_Wrath to accept that I am and will always be the president... :rolleyes:

PS: Welcome to our new member and Santa @Zach X., let's all be friends... :)

Zach X., the_o2, MosheG1 and 10 others like this.
  19. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

Awww
    Thanks Dresa :)
    Not gonna happen ex Prez :rolleyes::p

20. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 21, 2019

B_Wrath , Dec 21, 2019 :
    All I want for Christmas is for @GopalB. to get over the denial and accept the fact that he is no more the Sloth Club President and I am:p

And welcome @Zach X.! Do visit the Wormhole when you get the chance:)

cdnfarmer, the_o2, MosheG1 and 7 others like this.
  21. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 21, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 21, 2019 :
    A few people have the ability to stretch their days like thin dough, making 24 hours look like all the hours they need - like all the hours they need to give.

Not beating their chests, heads held high. Not giving one second to the cause of notoriety, just to show up on the precise second they are needed. Here they are, surgically, to fix, to solve, to keep the machine working.

Here on the forums, using this thread I want to acknowledge two of the people who are all that and much more - two people who never said no when I asked for help, even if it was during the 30th hour of their thin-dough-days. Two people that never failed to amaze me with their knowledge, and their sense of humor.

What you do is much appreciated. I want to end 2019 just putting aside for a brief moment the yet-another-pun-&-joke-cheetos just to write thank you. Not with a punchline at the end nor cleverly disguised words in between, just thank you.

Seeing how hard you worked and how much of yourselves you gave to this place, all I want for Christmas is for @dsmonteiro and @superplus to have a few days resting, enjoying the season with those the love in peace. That's it, my wish is that you can have a few regular, 24-hour days filled with love, doing what you love the most, fully recharging your batteries, so you can be here for a great 2020.

I know that tagging two people will automatically disqualify this post, and I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

@Zach X. thank you for the idea and the thread. Wishing you, the whole team, and everyone who is going to read this a Merry Christmas. :)