All notifications have stopped

1. thexchosenone
    Eclair Jan 19, 2022

thexchosenone , Jan 19, 2022 :
    I'm kind of beyond fed up with this phone and these updates. The device has been quirky since the beginning but the last month or two have been one bug after another. Now, out of nowhere in the middle of the day all notifications have stopped showing on my phone....except Instagram for some reason. I haven't installed any new apps or changed any settings. And yes airplane mode is off and the device is not on silent or do not disturb. To be clear this has mad the device completely unreliable.

I went from my normal almost overwhelming number of notifications to no notifications at all...except instagram which may be a fluke simply due to me ignoring insta at the moment. If I restart the device it will show me gmail notifications but only old ones. I have my Surface Duo sitting right next to it and I'm able to see a number of notifications from apps that are on both devices that aren't coming through on my 1+ at all. I got the Duo for cheap to play around with a foldable looks like I'll be moving it to my main device or going back to my 7pro and not updating it.

2. BetaBot
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2022

3. thexchosenone
    Eclair Jan 19, 2022

yes I've spent the last few hours checking just about everything that has to do with notifications, battery optimization and background data. I'm stuck hoping I haven't missed anything work related and that they will understand that my oneplus is crapping out....again.

already left feedback.

4. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 19, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 19, 2022 :
    Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.
    Then reboot.

This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.

Check if this can help.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  5. thexchosenone
    Eclair Jan 19, 2022

Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of doing that as well. I have completed this and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Instagram notifications still coming through and Gmail notification only upon device restart and only old unopened notifications. Notifications also not showing on lockscreen.

6. thexchosenone
    Eclair Jan 20, 2022

thexchosenone , Jan 20, 2022 :
    I've submitted feedback but I won't hold my breath. A quick look around here, reddit and XDA shows me that these devices have been dealing with this issue for at least the last 3 months and everyone is just told to submit feedback. Others have reported that even a factory reset isn't fixing the issue which was going to be my last resort if necessary but I cant even do that as it will cut me off from my work related apps until i get back to work.