[ALL] OnePlus 2 [questions, rumours, suggestions, updates, etc..]

?

Buy OnePlus One or wait for OnePlus 2??!

1. Wait for OnePlus 2!

2. Buy OnePlus One now!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sudeep Baral
    Froyo Jan 9, 2014

Sudeep Baral , Jan 9, 2014 :
    IPS display beacuse AMOLED screens are difficult to see in the direct sunlight. And nowadays we do much of our reading on the phone. IPS displays are better for reading too. IPS screen are have more accurate color reproduction. But if AMOLED screens are used then Active Display feature (if included) could be useful.

No internal card slot. And internal memory options of 32GB and 64GB

1080p display. 4.7 - 5 inch screen is the ideal screen size for smartphone in my opinion. I would still prefer 4.7 inch screen as it makes one handed use more convienient. But if you are going for screen size of more than 5 inch then please include stylus support like in the galaxy notes.

Minimum bezels all around the screen.

13 mp OIS F/2.0 lens back camera with Xenon flash and 3-5 mp front camera. Very fast shutter speed and HDR.

Great loud stereo speakers. Either on the front like HTC One or on the bottom like Nexus 5

Quality microphones which offer better call quality and loud enough with active noise cancelling.

Sapphire crystal screen which is nearly unscratchable or Gorilla glass 3.

Silicon-anode battery that Ubuntu wanted to use in their future smartphone if possible. Otherwise a big battery of 3500 MaH or more, enough to last a day or two. Replaceable batteries.

Wireless Charging

IR blaster with a remote software included in the phone.

Camera button and ceramic buttons in the phone

Unlocked bootloader

Premium build quality with Aluminium body. Please make a rugged phone that doesn't require a case. Low weight phone with a slim body.

Stock android software with some added features. No added bloatware or custom skins.

Dual-band Wifi a/b/g/n/ac , NFC, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 and other sensors. MHL/ micro HDMI

USB - Micro-USB, USB On-the-go, USB Host

Nice clean look in the front of the phone. Like nexus devices, no branding or anything.

No software buttons. Pretty much like Nexus phones.

APQ8084 (Snapdragon 805), which has better memory management and a much improved GPU. At least 2GB RAM

Constant updates and fast updates to latest android software versions (Not like Oppo who provide weekly firmware updates but devices still stuck at 4.2.2).

Try working with the developer of franco kernel. He can do wonders on the performance and battery life of a device.

FM Radio. Don't know why most phones neglect this.

Dust and water resistant (IP5X/IP6X)

2. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 9, 2014

Adam Krisko , Jan 9, 2014 :
    I for one agree with you. Great spec's but, kind of a tall order.. We want this phone semi-affordable :)

Water proof and dust proof is a must tho! (they need to follow Sony on this one)

3. Juan G?
    Eclair Jan 10, 2014

4. hydroninja9
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2014

hydroninja9 , Mar 19, 2014 :
    =3? idk , but just want to know what you expect out of the next phone from one plus , i know the first one still hasnt come out but still. I hope that 1+1 doesnt do the whole tick tock strategy and tries to innovate with each phone but i dont know whether its viable or not. Im also hoping One Plus doesnt do the whole one phone every 6 months. What do you guys want from the One Plus Two?

5. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Mar 19, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 19, 2014 :
    you won't see the two for at least 1 year... one year from now we don't know what type of hardware and software changes there will be, it's impossible to talk about what we want in it NOW :p

Tobseb, Nise, eerik and 2 others like this.
  6. nguser
    KitKat Mar 19, 2014

nguser , Mar 19, 2014 :
    It's way too soon to think about a OnePlus Two. I haven't seen the One yet :)

7. Frederick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2014

Frederick , Mar 19, 2014 :
    I hope they'll do something innovative. Not just putting bigger battery, faster processor, higher camera MP, etc.

davidsvmn, _pickleboy_ and muddy46 like this.
  8. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2014

adlibitum , Mar 19, 2014 :
    It's clear - 3GB RAM instead of 2, Qualcomm 801 instead of 800, 16MP camera instead of 13.

azizshrestha and rogercrowe like this.
  9. hydroninja9
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2014

a man can dream cant he : Sapphire screen , snap 900 ,
    exactly this , it needs to be something that would make me want to upgrade if i get the one plus one.

narenpg likes this.
  10. hydroninja9
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2014

but wouldnt this go against the whole "never settle" always innovate policy that one plus seems to be gravitating towards

elpoussinof likes this.
  11. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2014

Chinda , Mar 19, 2014 :
    Alot can change in a year lol im sure OnePlus has a black book with early ideas for 2015 :) but lets all enjoy OnePlus One first :D

PRK.R, kasperse and nguser like this.
  12. muddy46
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2014

muddy46 , Mar 20, 2014 :
    I like the question, it is just premature. The only thing I can say, being one of those who wasnt too thrilled with the 5.5 inch screen size, I would like to see a 5.0 screen fitted into a 4.5 inch phone...hey, they did it once right?

PRK.R and script like this.
  13. Max Harry Johnson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2014

14. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2014

Tyler Hansen , Mar 20, 2014 :
    I hope they kind of do what Apple does rather than Samsung. 1 really good device every once in a while rather than a million meh devices.

15. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 20, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 20, 2014 :
    I think it's a little too early to be worrying about the 2.0 version of this wonderful device. Lets just enjoy this one first!

That said, I think they'll up the screen resolution to 24 and hopefully some new higher capacity battery tech will be available to put in. Chipset and ram doesn't mean too much as long as the software is optimized for the hardware. So that's in their hands. Here's to hoping that this will be the best phone of the year!

16. jamalie4
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2014

jamalie4 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    One Plus Two -Forum Feedback
    I know it quite early.. but sooner or later One Plus team will most likely start working on its next project (OPT). Every 6-12 months a phone can be outdated.
    What are your ideas to implementation? Thoughts become things. One Plus is a company who listens to their fans. Please brainstorms your ideas .. in which One Plus can implement a perfect device.
    All feedback will be recorded below :) Never Settle @Pete

Our Ideas for One Plus Two
    - Snap Dragon 805+
    - 1080p, 2k or 4k display
    - Improvements on the One Plus One
    - Phablet with extremely small bezels
    - Micro SD support
    - Fingerprint id
    - Dual Sim LTE with Band 20
    - Wireless Qi Charging
    - Rotating camera
    - Water Resistance / Water Proof
    - Tap/knock to unlock
    - 4 GB RAM
    - Over 3,200 mAh battery
    - True edge-to-edge display
    - OIS (Optic image stabilisation)
    - Different form factors (Mini, Regular, Phablet, Tablet)
    - More Internal Storage (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB+)
    - Removable Battery
    -16 MPX Cam
    - Phone Blocks
    - Iris Scanner
    -IR blaster
    -Stylus support

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

17. danmendes
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2014

18. kingcedz

kingcedz , Apr 18, 2014 :
    - Dual Sim LTE with Band 20
    - Wireless Qi Charging
    - rotating camera
    - true edge-to-edge display

19. Max Harry Johnson

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

isaumya, Its_rudy, jjppttccbb and 8 others like this.
  20. kingcedz

kingcedz , Apr 18, 2014 :
    i said "rotating camera", i didn't say "rotating camera with big bezel that makes the phone ugly"

be positive dude.