[ALL] OnePlus 2 [questions, rumours, suggestions, updates, etc..]

?

Buy OnePlus One or wait for OnePlus 2??!

1. Wait for OnePlus 2!

2. Buy OnePlus One now!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. silvia.woodley
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2014

2. smestarz
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2014

smestarz , Oct 5, 2014 :
    My Specs for One Plus Two

1. Snapdragon 808 processor with 64 Bit processing (that would be expected in a year)

2. 4-6 GB RAM (already 3 GB is here, so expect this to be common soon)

3. at least 64 GB internal memory, more the merrier.

4. Hot swappable Micro SD card upto 128 GB (tray or slot)

5. Twin boot option (Color OS and Cyanogenmod) which can be set from settings so that it would be same as using two phones.

6. 20-40 Megapixel camera with 4K shooting possibly rotating camera. 4K video recording. Anyway one cannot use both cameras at the same time, it is either of one, so why need two cameras? Why not have one good camera.

8. 2K or 4K screen 5.5 inch screen that would give good resolution and entertainment value.

9. 3300 - 4500 mAh battery - this phone would need a big battery. (how about two twin batteries side by side, out of which one can be replaced when the phone is on and thus keep the phone "online" thus avoids powering off to change the battery)

10. Weather proof phone at least having one will be nice.

11. Strong metal body preferably alloys to make it strong but light. no plastic please

12. Some controls on back of camera to help single hand usage.

13. Flipcase that helps with the above controls (thats part of accessories)

14. IR blaster.

I think in another year (when this model comes out) it could be common specs.

3. sallanmega
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2014

4. paul yazbeck
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2014

5. pprrateekk
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2014

pprrateekk , Oct 5, 2014 :
    microsd card support and 32GB version
    optical image stabilization in camera
    real stereo speakers, may be putting one at the top and another at the bottom will help.
    5" screen
    *no extra edge on left and right, let the screen cover it end to end*
    FM/Radio support
    better battery life !

6. Rick007
    Eclair Oct 5, 2014

Rick007 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    Hi. On top of wht the ONO gotthe OnePlus Two should have a very beautiful square shape, a well design body and a luxurious body or exterior.
    If you can possibly send me an invite I will be grateful and will straight away claim it immediately. Thks

7. diempi
    Froyo Oct 5, 2014

mydroid likes this.
  8. mydroid
    KitKat Oct 5, 2014

Lunatasian likes this.
  9. indiangamer007
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2014

indiangamer007 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    It's minimum six months away. They will expand their business before launching it, so that availability won't be issue in future, I hope.

10. SupremeXXL
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2014

11. Robson
    KitKat Oct 5, 2014

12. maks29988
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2014

maks29988 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    Yes man, I think the same. Also I bealive I saw in some tech site that they may be thinking on launching the OP2 in the late 2015. I say OPO has still a lot of life among us ;)

stephenlotus likes this.
  13. RubenADSR
    Froyo Oct 5, 2014

RubenADSR , Oct 5, 2014 :
    1^2 is 1,
    (1+1)^2 is 4, i dont see how it would be squared

Uberlight likes this.
  14. klean14
    Donut Oct 5, 2014

klean14 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    The announcement was that the OnePlus 2 will be out late Q4 2015.. Thats a long time so i guess OnePlus 1 will be dethroned by that time..

15. GeertBerkers
    Lollipop Oct 5, 2014

16. perdutoboy
    Froyo Oct 5, 2014

perdutoboy , Oct 5, 2014 :
    really?? I haven't even touch the first one and there'll gonnabe the second.one. :(

17. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 5, 2014

gusuraman , Oct 5, 2014 :
    There are no news. Just rumors about a 6 moths range release date and words that says "we are listening to users that want smaller screen". Nothing more.
    Please stop talking about this like it is an announcement.

@DRCH
    @BrettPlusOne
    @sp99

DRCH, sp99 and TeamValor91 like this.
  18. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Oct 5, 2014

TeamValor91 , Oct 5, 2014 :
    This. Thread closed.

gusuraman, sp99 and DRCH like this.
  19. krakenslayer
    Donut Oct 5, 2014

krakenslayer , Oct 5, 2014 :
    To the people asking for 4K screens: the resolution shouldn't be higher than 1440p, IMO. At a five or six inch screen size, the visible improvement of anything higher than that would be increasingly difficult to detect; it would mean an unnecessary increase in production costs (and unit cost) and would have a negative impact on battery life in return for very small or non-existent benefits. In fact, I would be happy if they kept a 1080p screen and channelled the extra costs/development time into cramming a higher-capacity battery into the same- or smaller-sized chassis.

There is a limit to how good you can make screens before people stop being able to notice further improvements, there is no limit to the benefits of increasing battery life. The more battery life, the merrier.

I would like to see:
    1440p screen
    A larger camera sensor with IS, RAW shooting with a higher quality lens
    (Not necessarily higher resolution; there's no point having dozens of megapixels if the image is noisy or the sensor out-resolves the sharpness of the lens. Plus, bigger pixels = better light collection)
    128GB internal storage option
    Micro-SD slot with 128GB card support
    HDMI-out with 4K support
    Weatherproofed chassis

A faster processor would be nice but not really necessary. It's already the fastest (or one of the fastest) phones on the planet and will still be decent in a year or two, I'd rather see the extra money spent on the stuff above.

20. arvinmradze
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2014