[ALL] OnePlus 2 [questions, rumours, suggestions, updates, etc..]

?

Buy OnePlus One or wait for OnePlus 2??!

1. Wait for OnePlus 2!

2. Buy OnePlus One now!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rokeshsrm
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2014

2. James+James
    Eclair Dec 2, 2014

James+James , Dec 2, 2014 :
    micro sd
    removable battery
    brighter backlight keys
    bring back the interchangeable back covers (kevlar and bamboo)
    even smaller bezels
    bigger battery
    and firepower as mentioned above is not a problem these days.
    and not bothered about a 1440p display
    and better camera (not bothered about megapixels its already sharp enough)

3. masai14
    Froyo Dec 2, 2014

masai14 , Dec 2, 2014 :
    A good, lasting battery is definitely an import aspect. Furthermore the Phone must be good quality build, have a fast processor and a good camera

4. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2014

Montucky , Dec 2, 2014 :
    micro sd dual sim waterproof shock proof ... compact version with awesome display. kinda like the z3c or the s5mini

smart phones are great. they are phones, not tablets. one handed operation and fits into a pants pocket would be nice.

5. SHM
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2014

6. OpofanIT
    KitKat Dec 2, 2014

7. jove39
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 2, 2014

8. DowntownJoe
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2014

DowntownJoe , Dec 2, 2014 :
    That would be the OnePlus Tablet (with 3G/LTE).

9. Abrax
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2014

Abrax , Dec 3, 2014 :
    I was thinking about the speaker a lot. some people like it front facing, but I actually like it in the bottom because you can leave it in a desk without worrying which side you left it on and still hear the music. so what about a rotating speaker like the camera on the OPPO N1 or having speakers in a 45° angle with orifices in the front and the bottom? and probably speakers in the top as well so you can have a stereo sound while holding in landscape mode.

10. Pankajkumars
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

11. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

tanner.j.michels , Dec 3, 2014 :
    They definitely need to support more LTE Bands!

Upgrade their head phone jack to deliver higher quality sound to higher quality head phones

They need to create their own version of a (Dynamic Tuner) for their antenna. Above all...It's a phone! If you wan to stay in the game then start at the basics. Enhance signal strength and voice quality.

Keep the minimalist design!

Get rid of the stationary buttons! allow the screen to be bigger without increasing the size of the phone.

Keep the invite system so that you may have higher quality control and less mass production.

Image stabilization hardware without having the lens stick out like other phones.

Everything that the One is, is great! Everything just needs to be refined and tuned. It doesn't need a face lift, but hardware and software to refine what it already has. The nexus 5 has only a 8mp camera, yet it completely out does the One! Why? because it is better refined. Focus on quality and performance. "Never Comprise" can either mean you try to put together the best of the best so it has good specs, Or it means quality control fine tuning every aspect of the phone so that it out performs other phones that have better specs. That is the true idea behind a "flagship killer", finding a phone that out performs a "flagship" without the high price and having decent specs that actually work well together to out do its competitors. Don't Compromise Refinement and Quality! Also, stick to only one phone don't over do it buy creating other sub-par phones. It just lowers the quality and prestige of everything. If your not going to go all out to create one amazing phone, but instead create multiple...then whats the point?

12. s20aa15
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2014

s20aa15 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    well BB vactated a space some1 has fullfill it , thats the law of nature

13. hrtrulz
    Froyo Dec 3, 2014

hrtrulz , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Snapdragon 810
    Dual front facing speakers
    5.5 inch screen
    64gb
    World wide 4G band support

14. SSRog20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2014

SSRog20 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Snapdragon 810 64-bit octo-core CPU + 4GB RAM + Android Lollipop + QHD + Gorrilla Flex Glass + Waterproof + True Stereo Speakers + 4K video record + Wireless Charging + Removable 3900+Mah Battery + OIS

Dream Big...Never Settle!

ReggieTwyn likes this.
  15. emaren
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

emaren , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Just re-visiting.

- Front facing speakers will add to the height of the phone - so for me, no.
    - ditch the capacitive buttons, use on-screen ones please.
    - Camera is really good, the software is subpar for it though.
    - Totally AOSP Android plus Play services - per the Nexus range would be better than CM11/12 etc
    - Actually available swappable backs
    - No gimmicky features - no HRM, no finger print reader..

Three sizes
    - 5.0" Mini
    - 5.5" Regular
    - 6.0" Phablet

All LTE bands support.

Software.

If the rumour is true that the next versions will not have Cyanogenmod, then I should hope that you release the phones with something extremely close to AOSP, which the appropriate Google Play services added.

I loathe near all manufacturers launchers and 'added features' are almost entirely worthless, even custom icons that then clash with regular application icons are not welcome.

16. highdiver_2000
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2014

highdiver_2000 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    You do know that AOSP is bloody unusable. Fixed tiles in Quick Settings etc.

17. manishalive
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2014

manishalive , Dec 3, 2014 :
    I travel a lot and have sim cards for countries that I travel. So I have one primary card and the second one is of the country I am in. For me dual sim is a necessity. I definitely want a dual sim phone. No other option :)

18. emaren
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

emaren , Dec 3, 2014 :
    AOSP is Android Open Source Project, it is the bare-bones of Android before layering in other stuff (like play services).

Cyanogen take AOSP code and add their own tweeks.......

The version of Android that is on the Nexus is effectively AOSP + Google Play services and it is fast and smooth on my Nexus 4. I do not miss the CM tweeks at all....

19. redleema
    KitKat Dec 3, 2014

TheWiggill likes this.
  20. lassmat
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2014

lassmat , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Looks like dual sim is not so important to users elsewhere except Asia. Oneplus could make two variants ot the Oneplus Two, one dual sim for Asia/India and the other for rest of the world.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

TheWiggill likes this.