All Your Questions Answered – Call Recording

1. subramanyam_k
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

Hajaz likes this.
  2. raka1503
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

raka1503 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Please bring One Plus Dailer & Message app, please remove caller alert regarding recording calls, no Dolby Atomos and Screen Mirroring included feels cheated

Hajaz likes this.
  3. M1599655369502
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

M1599655369502 , Sep 14, 2020 :
    The reason for embarrassment is because I dont want them to get notified if the call is getting recorded especially of my manager(s) anytime or again and again or any of the important call which might be important for me but silly for them.

4. Hajaz
    Eclair Sep 14, 2020

Hajaz , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Hating one plus nord because of this record option...when by mistakely touching on record option and other person hearing that we are recording their call....its something very awkward....its affecting our self status...One plus please look on it to stop that...and give one plus own dialer...its a kind request...please sort it out asap.

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Nice to hear an explanation and need for the recording feature.

Let's take an example... What if you record someone. And that person later finds out that you recorded everything. What if that call also contained sensitive information. What if that sensitive info was something very personal? If that person would be your boss, coworker or friend... With that sensitive information you have recorded. Can you be sure that the person trusts you to have that recording and would have said all that if they knew they were recording?
    Personally I'd rather ask something like this : "Is it OK if I record this? I don't have a pen and paper with me".
    No risk of a suspicious boss thinking you would blackmail him over some sensitive info or anything like that [e]1f61c[/e] Feels safer to me.

I understand your use but I also see some possible issues with it. And this is why Google Phone does what it does. Privacy.

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 14, 2020 :
    How have you informed about it? Reported via the feedback tool?
    Might be better to mention this here. Update manually to this version if you don't already have it.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-10-5-7-for-the-oneplus-nord.1295711/

7. Naveengarg001
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 14, 2020

Bobbie63 , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Haven’t got this option but isn’t it on the second page of the dialer like it stated in the first post? How would you accidentally touch this option if it’s on the second page?

dpenov likes this.
  9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 14, 2020

Could it be you got a OP8? If so....this is the Nord section which has a whole different dialer.

10. dpenov
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2020

dpenov , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Accidentally on purpose

Caomhin, Paulmihai and Bobbie63 like this.
  11. DhananjayIyeR
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 14, 2020

61Ft.gif

At least it's something new......kinda.:rolleyes::confused:

Caomhin and diablo0090 like this.

13. L1600115466254
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2020

L1600115466254 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 14, 2020 :
    Hello there OnePlus developers/technical support team.

I've been using OnePlus for the last 7 years or so and last week
    I purchased 4 Nord devices as soon as they were offered here in presale.

At the moment, the lack of efficient option to easyilly recored phone calls is a major deal breaker.

Im extremly dissapointed as this ia an essential feature I cant live without among my work and I can only hope some upgrades will be release soon enough before I give up and sell those devices in order to get productive usefull cell phones.

Here, in Israel, recording a call is legal and allowed.
    Therefore, forbidding me (and other clients like me from countries that allow call recordings) to those restrictions, is forcing me to be limited and damaged for nothing, without any justification non considartion.

I shell mention regarding your thread at that subject, that I cant get to the other screen of the dialer in order to start the built in record feature. But anyhow that feature is irelevnt since starting a record while the app states out loud that the call is being recorded, is simply ridicouls and redundant the whole thing.

It looks like our affair with OnePlus might come to its end, not because of the miaaing feature, but because there is no fixing those issues and providing service as expected from you behalf. So far, I didnt hear grom OP no statement of intent to correct and provide a solution to problems that are raised before OP on such essential issues.

Sad (but still hopefull for the next week or so before giving up and switiching).

14. Hajaz
    Eclair Sep 15, 2020

Hajaz , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 15, 2020 :
    When we receive a call record option is on second page...when we make a call its on 1st page.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  15. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 15, 2020

Bobbie63 , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Ok, good to know, thanks.

Hajaz and Caomhin like this.
  16. TheMisterff1
    Eclair Sep 15, 2020

TheMisterff1 , Sep 15, 2020 :
    So here's the thing... If you are allowed to record a phone call, someone on the other end would probably be okay with it if you asked, right? And if not, wouldn't it be very sneaky to do it anyway, which would anger them if they find out about it? Shouldn't you have to refrain from recording in those cases anyway?
    And I get that there could be some jobs where this feature is truly needed. In those cases, you simply picked the wrong phone and if you did your research you would have known. So that's a fault on your end..
    But for all the others.. why do you wish to be so sneaky? Perhaps this phone is a good lesson for you to act like an adult and be truthful in your actions.

Gravey6 and dpenov like this.
  17. Arpita09
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

Krishnakanth666 likes this.
  18. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 15, 2020 :
    You are say every single Indian musy record all calls in secret? I'm pretty sure there are Indian people that don't need recording at all and see no problem with the current solution either.

Gravey6 and pablofg1978 like this.
  19. Arpita09
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

Arpita09 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 15, 2020 :
    It's a personal choice of every individual.I am not saying make it legal or a law.I have gone through several Indian people posts complaining about call recording.This is just to bring in notice of OnePlus team.