All Your Questions Answered – Call Recording

1. M1599655369502
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

M1599655369502 , Sep 15, 2020 :
    I agree and understand your concern, but think this in positive way. I just want that notification to get hidden because, for every small thing and everytime I don't want them to hear this message. I want that for my work if in case it's needed. I cannot record my interview everyime by letting them know if it's been recorded or not.
    That's my feedback as I and may be many others are not happy with this feature.
    I didn't find it suitable feature.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  2. S1599059800967
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

LeptitLoS likes this.
  3. naheedmir
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

naheedmir , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Hi Gary C,
    All mobile companies offer securities to their mobile phones and OnePlus is no exception. The calls turn to be recorded automatically when phone happens to come in an unknown person's hands. You're asking, why the call recordings can't begin automatically. The point is that generally, the companies introduce new facilities as per their customers' valuable suggestions and opinions. There was a need to record calls in case of unknown person so this step was taken.
    Now, when the customers want all call recordings, their opinions will be honored by the company and soon you will enjoy this update.

4. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 15, 2020 :
    I know it's a popular demand in India. I can understand that some want an easy way to record calls in some line of work. But the problem as I see it is that people seems to think that the notification makes recording totally useless. Like if secret recording it the only thing that matter. That point of view makes me interested in why.

Secret recording pranks maybe... For stuff like Jim Browning YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning )... Then my imagination start to run out of ideas.

Bobbie63 and dpenov like this.
  5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 15, 2020 :
    I highly doubt the phone with change both phone app and messenger. I have never seen it happen in any phone. It is in the product description. And those that bought it and actually want Google Phone would be furious if it was changed. There is no easy solution as far as I know.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  6. dpenov
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

dpenov , Sep 15, 2020 :
    I quite like Jim's videos. I remember when he started and after few years he became a legend in showing what is going on with the scams.

Swejuggalo and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. Pragnesh7568
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

8. Sunilkumartej
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

9. Sunilkumartej
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2020

Sunilkumartej , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 15, 2020 :
    it's not like that most useful once in the first and then recording

10. A1596527137121 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 15, 2020 :
    I am fully agree bro

11. Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. LeptitLoS
    Eclair Sep 15, 2020

LeptitLoS , Sep 15, 2020 :
    Why is it impossible (or hard) to change stock app on the Nord? It's just software, they could release ROM with OP apps instead of Google apps "et voilà". Or they can just release apk of every OnePlus apps (they already did it for the launcher, weather and others) on Google Playstore and leave the choice to the user? I'm not satisfied with the Google comms app (I didn't know these apps before using them on the OnePlus Nord) I came from OnePlus 3T and OnePlus comms app were just perfect for my use. I don't understand why I can't get them on my Nord...

Currently I don't feel that I bought a OnePlus smartphone. I don't meet the OxygenOS experience I expected (while the ads said "Nord breathes the same Oxygen". You can also see on screen icons of OP Dialer and SMS app)... But with the OnePlus app (Dialer, SMS, Agenda, Contacts...) experience could be better for me.

13. gvndjadhav@gmail
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020

gvndjadhav@gmail , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 16, 2020 :
    If I am speaking with 2nd person and in the mean time if 3rd person is calling , when I answered the call the call automatically ends with 2nd person and there is no option for call merge , call hold, or end call .pls solve this problem in oneplus nord

14. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 16, 2020 :
    "Nord also comes with Google communication apps".
    Nord is a new product line. They are allowed to make changes.
    And a switch isn't easy. Voice recording is often limited to stock apps for example, and are installed as system apps. Brands don't just replace system apps all the sudden. Never seen any brand switch stock phone app on an already relesed phone to something completely different.
    All those that bought it with Google Phone in mind? Oneplus can't all the sudden just replace them. Because then we have a product description that does not match.

15. LeptitLoS
    Eclair Sep 16, 2020

LeptitLoS , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 16, 2020 :
    For those who buy Nord with Google comms app in mind, Google release these app in the store. So it's fine [e]1f60a[/e] OnePlus has no reason to bring back OnePlus comms app in their phone.
    If they can't, they just release OnePlus comms app in the store and everybody will be happy [e]1f44d[/e]

16. diablo0090
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2020

diablo0090 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 16, 2020 :
    I fail to understand why automatic call recording is so vital to many of you. Google phone app and it's features are as good as it gets. I am happy and content with it and so are 60% of the members.

Learn to adapt to something new. Google phone app is something I have used on all my devices.

Nothing beats a stock android experience.

Just a thought

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Some only seems to be happy if they can record calls in secret. A Oneplus Phone app via Play Store might not be able to record calls... And that would make Oneplus Phone "useless" according to those with that opinion.

18. naheedmir
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

naheedmir , Sep 16, 2020 :
    I think you are right. I agree with you that Call Button is very useful.

19. Last edited: Sep 17, 2020

20. Paulmihai , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 16, 2020 :
    You don't want those. Don't talk for everybody because there are a lot of us that are very happy that Google does not allow you to violate the privacy of other persons. And I hope with all my heart that OnePlus will add the alert to their phone app too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020

pablofg1978, Gerian, Gravey6 and 2 others like this.