All Your Questions Answered – Call Recording

1. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

diablo0090 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Ok how would it be if you're in a conversation with me and i record the call and use it against you. Would you like that ?

This is the reason Google wants the other party to know that you are recording the call.

Hope I've helped you understand

2. SlackW_1993

SlackW_1993 , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Latest Google policy on Google Communication Suite. It is mainly to guard against abuse and to respect people's privacy.
    For all manufacturers having contracts with Google (a majority) on all future Android devices.

pablofg1978, Auristic and diablo0090 like this.
  3. saddamsu
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

saddamsu , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    If u against its policy. Then what any one plus 7 7t pro they'r having this option. Plz request you to make it available we will be thankfull this.

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Nov 6, 2020

KeepTransisting , Nov 6, 2020 :
    It makes sense because that person's privacy needs to be respected. Nobody should be recorded without their knowledge.

You're right, it's not fair. hopefully when they release the Android 11 update for the 7 and 7 pro they do it the same way that it's done on the Nord.

5. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    They had communicated to you that nord would be using google dialer. You failed to research before buying the phone, thats on you. Now all devices of oneplus will be having google dialer henceforth.

Auristic likes this.
  6. saddamsu
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

saddamsu , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Whatever one plus is brand dy can approach dr developer to make it possible. Everything is possible if put a request. Yes I failed to research. But dts not a part of research. We all expect many unknown call kind of money laundering kidnapping or else threat call. I hope will not receive it but the people who receive it how he will prove it. Dnt speak rubbish Without thinking. We r customers we can demand. I hope will get the resolution. N I request u also to raise a concern.
    Thank You I hope u got my point.

V1599843223159 likes this.
  7. SlackW_1993

Already advertised since July 2020 across press and networks if you stay tuned :
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCv1k0iH_Ae/?igshid=azg1mlz1e6bv
    You don't like it, you don't buy it.

diablo0090 and Auristic like this.
  8. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Nice bullshit! You failed to research. You didnt think and now making absurd "demands"!

9. saddamsu
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2020

10. SlackW_1993

All tools are available on the PlayStore but all the responsibility rests on the shoulders of the user.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

11. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Nov 6, 2020

KeepTransisting , Nov 6, 2020 :
    And what if you're harassing someone through a call?

People have the right to know they're being recorded. Plain and simple.

F1599205882544 likes this.
  12. kacamataafi

kacamataafi , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 6, 2020 :
    You have to understand what demand you can ask from a company. For example demanding something that a company promise but they dont deliver. What you are trying to do now is demanding something very clearly stated that its not coming with the thing they sell. They told you what communication suite comes with Nord They didn't tie you up and forced you to buy. You a just a whiny little a**hole that just want the world to go along you. I've read hundreds of comments, be it a lawyer who really doesn't know legality outside his country, a journalist, a businessman who whine after a product..all claimed to be professional but failed to even understand a concept of demand. You have a lot of other choices, but as smartphone being released, major brand are following suit the google policy, xiaomi, oneplus, realme..what left is just a few brand still using their own commn suite. Buy them, but do some reading before you buy, or else you're going to be whiny little b*tch at some other user forum next. If you really hate Google policy, change to Apple or Huawei, or better yet since you so ******* committed using 'demand' as your standpoint, demand Oneplus to breakfree from google and android like huawei.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

dpenov likes this.
  13. SlackW_1993

Wrong area for screen observations.
    Report here pse :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/
    or here :
    OnePlus global support (call, email, chat) :
    https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/contact
    All countries selectable

14. dpenov

dpenov , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Reading the new 8T threads is much more interesting than this one. People are freaking out they cannot record calls in silence and still hope and wait to get that option "in the next update". They are so far behind and still full of hope (or maybe ignorance).

15. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2020

diablo0090 likes this.
  16. Y1597570058826
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

17. arun prasath.c , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Ya I know 8t also comes with Google dialer nd messaging apps but I don't like it what should I do?

18. Fast_and_Curious
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2020

Fast_and_Curious , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Option 1: accept and move on
    Option 2: install new app from playstore better suited for your needs
    Option 3: buy a new phone better suited for your needs

pablofg1978 and arun prasath.c like this.
  19. diablo0090
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2020

20. AsifRashid
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

AsifRashid , via OnePlus Nord , Nov 7, 2020 :
    But they said it is for One plus Nord, messaging app is ok but contact app is somewhat disturbing..