Allow full Camera access to 3rd party softwares via OnePlus Nord

1. M1595346064938
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

M1595346064938 , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I had heard OnePlus was dev friendly and had great support for GCams. So, when I purchased my first OnePlus phone, I was quite pumped. The OnePlus Nord showed great promise especially with those "Flagship-level" camera hardware. So, I was quite satisfied when I was starting off with the new phone. However, as soon as I started trying out GCams, I started heading towards disappointments. You had started blocking access to cameras. And with this OOS 11, I don't get to access aux cams at all! I mean I have gone through community pages where several of your Camera app developers have suggested to use GCams and as a community-oriented company, atleast as you once used to be, you must know that this is something that your community uses. Why you have started to block such features is beyond my grasp. But if you guys continue down this line, I am not sure if you will be able to hold on to the enthusiast fanbase you currently have stronghold on for a long time. Hope you don't continue to disappoint and allow 3rd party apps to access all cameras!

2. manoj_215713
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

manoj_215713 , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Loyalty does have a meaning. Changing such basic rules will make the loyalty base come down. Request you to lift up the restrictions in favour of enthusiasts

AnuragAnand15 and W1595661423759 like this.
  3. vinyasrao_
    Donut Mar 4, 2021

vinyasrao_ , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Great Gcam support was one of the main reasons I had bought my Nord. Camera matters a lot to me and Nord's overall stock camera experience is mediocre at its best. The camera improved drastically with Gcam on OOS10, but on 11 I was shocked to see OnePlus put restrictions on auxiliary camera access. A very bad move from OnePlus imo and this is gonna make a lot of users move to another brand in future. Sadly I can see myself among them

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 4, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 4, 2021 :
    You are kidding right?
    Then Nord was a poor choice, don't you think? It has average camera hardware at best. Come on. 5MP depth and 2MP macro, those are just useless.

SVSur, Caomhin, vinyasrao_ and 2 others like this.
  5. vinyasrao_
    Donut Mar 4, 2021

vinyasrao_ , via OnePlus Nord , Mar 4, 2021 :
    The depth and macro sensors are useless. Those are there just to increase numbers. I'm satisfied with the rest of the camera hardware, but the stock camera has really bad processing. However, this issue was solved for me with Gcam which produced great pictures with the main camera and the average ultrawide lenses
    [If they can't fix the camera, the least they can do is let the users do something about the camera quality themselves]
    Nord would've been a good choice if OnePlus still listened to its community. I don't regret buying the Nord, but in the future, I will definitely not recommend or buy products from a company which has deviated from its roots

DizOne, Darkmatter2000, SVSur and 2 others like this.