Almond in a nutshell — What kind of color is Almond?

1. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 14, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Nah, not at all. I like trying the Open Betas though :)

2. Impersonal Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

Impersonal, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Iphone Gold first words that came to mind also, the midnight black that is the colour we are missing, that fogged frosted black, no fingerprints, black on black logo perfection...

mick-jagger---mini-biography.jpg

ps ; the color it really is irrelevant since they are so fragile that you need to strap a ugly case over them... so sandstone...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

3. cozzmat Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

cozzmat, Jun 14, 2019 :
    with the "nebula Blue" I thought you had found the ultimate color solution!
    but I was wrong! this new solution is really outstanding!

4. Ruby G. NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 14, 2019

Ruby G., Jun 14, 2019 :
    @Cheetosdust I adore you but I burst out laughing when I read that pun. People around me were alarmed.

5. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2019

GuitarHero0179, Jun 14, 2019 :
    That's one shiny phone. Not something I would buy I guess as I think the nebula blue looks really cool but still, that's one nice looking phone :)

H1559976493122 likes this.
  6. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 14, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Hehe, it was a very nice pun :p

And I was not kidding, I really liked the pun in the title too. I hope Brady knows I am just teasing him. ;)

(But what I love even more is that when you post something, the other members are like "sorry mom, you are right, that was uncalled for. I like him, I guess" - yes, I have a younger brother, I know that feeling really really well :D)

7. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

theshinybeast, Jun 14, 2019 :
    WOOF! Words, eh?
    It might be an accident, happens all the time to me, due to an unfortunate typo my forthcoming duel will consist of us firing gnus at ten paces.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

8. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

theshinybeast, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Translation: You think it was an accident.:rolleyes:

WHAT DO WE WANT?

MORE ANAGRAMS!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?

WON!

9. Dukkied Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

Dukkied, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Oh yes beautiful, sandstone black is still the best, BUT i am not an idiot, so i put protection on, also on my phone, Flip cover blue in my case. Great design by oneplus, but
    I would like better integration phone - flipcover so i wont be tempted to show the phone naked and funerable.

10. Bouncer71 Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

Shivang Joshi and B_Wrath like this.
  11. O1560551272854 Cupcake Jun 15, 2019

12. hennes Lollipop Jun 15, 2019

hennes, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Really, you want me to trun over my phone? Okay, it's supposed to be just for fun.
    But to be honest, why should i do that in real life, nothing happens on the back.

Face down? You really mean that.
    What is the point of putting a phone face down on the table?
    Is this some kind of self-control or an attempt to abstain from the smartphone?

It just occurs to me that I should hold the device the other way around so that I can see the screen and do with the device why I took it out of my pocket, checking messages of any kind, taking pictures, and so on.

Yes, I don't want anything to clatter or creak.

No, it shouldn't be exactly that, it shouldn't stand out visually, I don't want to pose or brag about it or define myself in any other way over a telephone. When I see this color, it reminds me of the 80s in Germany, where young people drove around with golden Opel Manta GTE and gold chains and it reminds me of the counter initiative of the Golf GTI drivers.

[​IMG]

Yes, I want that too, but not from the outside, but when I do what it's for, the screen, so the OS and the display should be great, but certainly not the back, which I don't see 99% of the time.

Well, there are a few other factors, we have a glass back, so a lot of people will make a bumper around, so the color is obsolete anyway, or is it just the thought that it has an Almond color that counts?
    Just the thought that you take a smartphone in your hand, turn it in all directions and examine it and then constantly say to yourself, wow, what a pretty device, is totally absurd for me. I wouldn't even know what my current device looks like in the back. The only device I really knew about was the OnePlus One, because Sandstone Black had this unique touch, it was not slippery and feels great in hand, it was inconspicuous and it was resilient. All features I like about a smartphone.

The last point I want to mention is that sooner or later a smartphone will not be needed anymore, or at least won't leave its pocket/bag. Yes, due to the lack of really good smart watches, and the blatant neglect of google and Wear OS, it's not like that yet, but I don't give up the hope that a manufacturer, maybe OnePlus, sometimes manages to bring out a really appealing watch paired with a better Wear OS, at the latest then the smartphone will get less and less attention and stays either at home or completely in the bag. So no one will care about the color of a smartphone anymore.

This whole discussion reminds me again and again of what Larry Ellison (Executive Chairman and CTO from Oracle) once said but on the basis of a device and its color.

"My objection is the absurdity--the absurdity!--it's not that I don't like the idea--it's this [he sneers] NONSENSE--I mean, the guys say, 'Oh, it's in the CLOUD! Well, what is that? And then [to interviewer] you say, 'Are we dead?' Uh, yeah, we're dead--if there's no hardware or software in the cloud we are so [big sneer] screwed ... But it's NOT water vapor! All it is is a computer attached to a NETWORK--what are you TALKING about?? [crowd roars with laughter] I mean, whadda you think Google RUNS on? Do they run on WATER VAPOR? I mean, cloud--it's DATABASES, and OPERATING SYSTEMS, and MEMORY, and MICROPROCESSORS, and THE INTERNET!!

I'd just reformulate it a little in terms of the color of a device:

"I mean, what do you do with your smartphone? Do they work with WATER VAPOR? I mean, smartphone - it has a screen, is operating system, databases, and memory and microprocessors and the Internet."
    Who is interested in the back of his device and even more in the color of it?

Conclusion:
    Anyone who finds irony in this article is welcome to keep it. :D

Just my 2 cent

13. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 15, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Something tells me that being within ten paces of an angry gnu is probably far more dangerous than an antique dueling pistol. You may have made a grave mistake.

[​IMG]

14. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jun 15, 2019

theshinybeast, Jun 15, 2019 :
    I know Gnus.

15. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 15, 2019

16. rockchalk06 Donut Jun 15, 2019

17. Jain_Utkarsj Froyo Jun 15, 2019

Jain_Utkarsj, Jun 15, 2019 :
    It is is the type of Colour that didn't make it difficult for me to buy Nebula Blue. Almond made it like the iPhone. Nebula Blue made it better than the iPhone.

18. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Jun 15, 2019

keithnyc, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Personally I was never a fan of prior white/gold trimmed phones. But I must admit that OP got it right this time with the Almond...it's a beauty. Not quite white, not quite rose gold trim...but instead more of a translucent-like "pearlescence" (yeah, almondy...) with a gorgeous subtle gold trim. I want!

19. dadoc04 Honeycomb Jun 15, 2019

dadoc04, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Almond actually looks really nice but nothing is touching the nebula blue on the 7 series...

20. I1560244194463 Cupcake Jun 15, 2019