Altan Network in Mexico Question Prior to purchase Oneplus 9

1. arioro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

arioro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Hello, Oneplus Team
    1.- i Own a Oneplus 8 T that did Not Work on, Altan Network in Mexico
    Mobile broadband network in 4.5G LTE technology of origin, in the 700 MHz band
    Now i want to buy Oneplus a 9 Series,,,,,in short is the 9 Series will work on Altan Network ?
    2.- is possible to obtain in advance prior a purchase the IMEI of the 9 Series to check the compatibility ?

2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 18, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Hello there,
    This is a community forum, not support.
    You do not need the imei number, you just need to check the band compatibilitu with your carrier and the specs of the device that you want to buy.
    What model is your 8t?

Artemus and Caomhin like this.
  3. arioro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

arioro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Hello Pablofg1978 Yes i understand this is a Forum not support, but the people of Support, did not help me or they did not understand the problem when i sateted the sittuation, This is the 8T i did purchase
    Ordered On:May 4, 2021 ( i did not know they where severval models of that phone)
    OnePlus 8TWarp Charge 65 • 120 Hz Fluid Display Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 and 5G • 48 MP Quad Camera
    i have used the 8T on Telcel and works great. but i'm still interested in adquiere the 9
    Thanks

4. pablofg1978

you need to go to settings, phone info, model
    it should be kbxxxx

5. pablofg1978

you need to understand that support does not know anything about the compativility of devices on unsuported countries

6. arioro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

arioro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    BTW 8T should work on Altan Net
    8T should work according to the specs LTE-FDD: 28

7. arioro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

arioro , Oct 18, 2021 :
    You are Absolutely Right pablofg1978, i must Buy a Samsung S21 instead, best regards

8. pablofg1978

It deppends on the model that you have
    All my OP devices works without problems in Argentina because I got the US model

G_plusone, Artemus and Caomhin like this.
  9. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2021

pgrey , Oct 24, 2021 :
    @arioro IME, and to some some degree IMHO, you'll have a LOT better luck discerning the band/frequency intersection, by going to the carrier-based forum(s), that you intend to use the phone with.
    People tend to know off-hand, in these places (again IME with carrier forums in the US and a few other countries), *exactly* which model lines up with their network (and typically for most of the country, as far as this ask goes).

10. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 24, 2021

G_plusone , Oct 24, 2021 :
    if the model you have has the corresponding bands then It should work technically but the carrier might have to add/support the devices in certain cases

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021

pgrey likes this.
  11. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2021

pgrey , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Yep, exactly, that's often "the crux", I should've mentioned that.

In the US, some carriers (mostly TMo) are almost infinitely flexible, in terms of full-featuring non-carrier devices.
    Others, are HORRIBLE, when it comes to almost completely de-featuring them, for no good reason (other than they want to control you buying a phone from them).
    It varies by carrier/country, IME, and often the people in the carrier-forums are very "in the know" about "what works where", on that network (and the country, to some degree, just depends...).

G_plusone likes this.